What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still reckon there's another race in Outrage (rated 82), who runs in Newcastle's 2:00 Saturday. Given less trouble in running than what he's been encountering recently and he can hopefully swoop late for victory.

Mia's Storm gets my approval in the 3:35 at Cheltenham. She is at the right end of the handicap for a stable who knows to improve a young hurdler in Alan King. :)

Last edited:
Rosy Ryan 12.50 tomorrow. I think this is a gigilo horse...the run the last day was very eye catching. Didn't get the run a furlong and a half out, and then ran on best of all in the last furlong. Worth a bet.

Only one horse I fancy Saturday at an interesting price.
3.35 Cheltenham - Jessbers Dream - 15/2.

Finished a decent runner up to Jers Girl back in March. That form looks good as Jers Girl went on to beat to OO Seven by a margin in one of its next outings.
Horse was back out last month but quite clearly the step up to 3 miles didn't suit. Back down in trip, handicapper has taken a few pounds off for that run. If ground softens up a little bit it's certainly an interesting price and horse to keep an eye on.

Thank you to Viking, Kauto Abu and Flemenstar (on the AW thread). Had a nice little ew acca on your selections that paid £108. Many thanks for your informed tipping.

Morning

My bets [1pt win on each @ BOG]

11.50 Doncaster-Kalane @ 10-3 [Race Bets]
12.30 Lingfield-Britanio Bello @ 11-4 [Skybet]
12.50 Newcastle-Star Of Spring @ 8-1 [Bet Bright]
2.25 Cheltenham-West Approach @ 7-2 [Boylesports]
2.35 Newcastle-Shan Dun Na Ngall @ 13-2 [Bet 365]
3.25 Lingfield-Sea Wall @ 7-1 [Betfair Sports]

[FONT=&quot]1.15 - Cheltenham:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Keel Haul. 1.25 pts win. Available at 10/1.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Savello. 0.75 pts win. Available at 16/1.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]There's little doubt that the horse with the most potential is market leader, Vaniteaux. He is on a very tempting mark judged on his Novice form last season and he was a decent third on his handicap debut at Ascot last time out. However only one horse has carried more than 11-7 to victory in this race in the last ten years and, although Vaniteaux is probably better than these, he has to give plenty of weight to some seriously good seasoned handicappers. There looks likely to be plenty of pace in the race and that will suit both Keel Haul and Savello. Keel Haul gets a massive 26 pounds from the favourite and he returned to form at Ascot last time out. He won a decent handicap here back in November 2015 and was fourth in this race last year in soft ground. If the ground doesn't deteriorate too badly today he should be seen in a better light this time round and he is at his best coming off a good pace over two miles.Savello has a tough task carrying 11-7 but this ten year old has some serious form on this track. The only two times he has been seen in a handicap over fences on these shores both came over this C/D at two Festivals. They resulted in two career best efforts from marks of 147 and 150, today he runs from 149. He probably needed his return here last month and the yard are in decent form. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]1.30 - Doncaster - Hawk High. 1.5 pts win. Available at 15/2.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Hawk High makes his reappearance here after an absence of 267 days but he has won twice after big absences in the past so it shouldn't be seen as a negative. He ran well in the County Hurdle at the Cheltenham Festival when last seen and starts this campaign from two pounds lower in the handicap. A former winner of the Fred Winter at the same Festival, he travels well though his races and he is versatile regarding ground conditions. His last two victories have come under Brian Hughes and there is no-one riding better than him at the present time. This represents a step back down in class and two victories at Aintree suggest that he will enjoy his first experience of this track. The yard are finding NH winners hard to come by but hopefully their only runner in this sphere this afternoon will change their fortunes. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]1.40 - Lingfield - Delganey Demon. 1.5 pts win. Available at 7/1.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]1.50 - Cheltenham:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Kylemore Lough. 1.5 pts win. Available at 8/1.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]King's Oddysey. 1 pt win. Available at 12/1.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Buywise. 1 pt e/w. Available at 12/1.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]3.35 - Cheltenham - Hannah's Princess. 1 pt e/w. Available at 12/1.

[/FONT]

Still reckon there's another race in Outrage (rated 82), who runs in Newcastle's 2:00 Saturday. Given less trouble in running than what he's been encountering recently and he can hopefully swoop late for victory.
Punted into 5/1, disappointed if he can't win.
Plenty of interesting tips given on here today. I couldn't possibly back each one (which will probably bite me on the arse), but good luck to one and all.

Last edited:
Eastlake obvious in hindsight ran like a drain in two races over far too long a trip ! Vaniteux very disappointing

How did Kylemore Lough end up out of the frame - no real grounds for putting Village Vic up last time .

I bet with this rain they are kicking themselves for taking Taquin de Seuil out

No major prices for these two boys tomorrow but I'll be backing:

Monbeg Notorious

1.40 Cork

An impressive winner of his first start over timber beating the progressive and tough Moulin a Vent this fella has been crying out for 3m and tomorrow he gets that. I think he should be able to give weight to Screaming Rosie.

Win bet 6/4

Champagne Classic

12.55 Punchestown

Set to go over timber for the first time and will have to be good to better Turcagua but again a trip and hurdles is what he needs. His second to Joey Salsa at Galway looks impressive considering that horse & Brelade gave Battelford a good trouncing at Navan. He'll be well schooled and the yard are bang in form.

Win bet 9/4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Morning

My bets [1pt win on each @ BOG]

11.50 Doncaster-Kalane @ 10-3 [Race Bets]:)
12.30 Lingfield-Britanio Bello @ 11-4 [Skybet]
12.50 Newcastle-Star Of Spring @ 8-1 [Bet Bright]:)
2.25 Cheltenham-West Approach @ 7-2 [Boylesports]
2.35 Newcastle-Shan Dun Na Ngall @ 13-2 [Bet 365]:)
3.25 Lingfield-Sea Wall @ 7-1 [Betfair Sports]

Profit of 14.83pts

Milborough the only bet I could find today in the U.K. Good jockey booking (Aidan Coleman) and agree with everything spotlighter Mel Cullinan said in his racing post verdict. He's a worthy favourite. 9/2 not what I'd deem a stingy price either.

The Pertemps Qualifier at Carlisle (14:10) is just horrible, and I've backed old Knockara Beau each-way (16/1) to give them all plenty to think about, despite his advanced years.

It's less than a year since he finished a perfectly respectable 15L behind Thistlecrack in the Cleeve, and he failed by just under 4L to give yesterday's good novice-chase winner Singlefarmpayment 15lb, in a handicap hurdle at the New Year meeting, the race previously. Crucially, both of those performances came on Soft/Heavy ground (he just doesn't go on quicker), which he gets at Carlisle today, and I think this old warrior can really serve it up to the collection of cowards and thieves he faces today.

Last edited:
No major prices for these two boys tomorrow but I'll be backing:

Monbeg Notorious

1.40 Cork

An impressive winner of his first start over timber beating the progressive and tough Moulin a Vent this fella has been crying out for 3m and tomorrow he gets that. I think he should be able to give weight to Screaming Rosie.

Win bet 6/4

Champagne Classic

12.55 Punchestown

Set to go over timber for the first time and will have to be good to better Turcagua but again a trip and hurdles is what he needs. His second to Joey Salsa at Galway looks impressive considering that horse & Brelade gave Battelford a good trouncing at Navan. He'll be well schooled and the yard are bang in form.

Win bet 9/4

Wipeout

The Pertemps Qualifier at Carlisle (14:10) is just horrible, and I've backed old Knockara Beau each-way (16/1) to give them all plenty to think about, despite his advanced years.

It's less than a year since he finished a perfectly respectable 15L behind Thistlecrack in the Cleeve, and he failed by just under 4L to give yesterday's good novice-chase winner Singlefarmpayment 15lb, in a handicap hurdle at the New Year meeting, the race previously. Crucially, both of those performances came on Soft/Heavy ground (he just doesn't go on quicker), which he gets at Carlisle today, and I think this old warrior can really serve it up to the collection of cowards and thieves he faces today.

I always wondered who bet on these farces.

:D

Happy to take my chances with a 16/1 or 20/1 chance in races like these, TheBear.........if and when it makes sense to do so.

Today was a qualifier. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back