What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brian Boranha was my main bet today and was delighted with the win. Then I noticed my betfair balance had plummeted for no apparent reason.
So I went to investigate and found the following:
"Following a stewards inquiry, Brian Boranha, who passed the post 1st, was disqualified. Jockey weighed in 2lb light"
Gutted!

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Ball breaker, only Skybet paying out on Brian

Just to clarify, when I say my main bet, I meant main bet from your selections. Wasn't trying to claim any credit.
It's been a profitable time to follow you recently, to say the least.
Keep up the good work. Cheers [emoji106]

Morning

My bets [1pt win on each]

12.10 Lingfield-Cercle D'Or @ 5-4 [Betfred]
2.00 Newbury-Drumacoo @ 5-2 [Bet 365]

Aurillac at Newbury well thought of by the yard and am hoping will improve with every run.

Also like two of Lucinda Russell's at Musselborough. One beginning with Q (can't remember off top of my head) is dropping in the weights but been running ok and useful 7lb claimed. 3 x c and d winner. Also like Tap Night.

Good luck all. Each way Trixie for me.

At Wincanton yesterday, Edeiff's Lad returned place money, Staunton finished fourth but the Thegreendalerocket disappointed.

Today's Selections:

1.30 - Newbury - Monbeg Gold. 2.5 pts win. Available at 9/2.
Beware The Bear did us a favour last time out but he looks short enough in this race against some similarly promising types. Preference is for Monbeg Gold who surpassed anything he had done over hurdles at the first time of asking over fences. That second came on his reappearance over 21 furlongs at Fontwell and the form has been well advertised by the first and third since. The narrow winner won from a five pound higher mark and Monbeg Gold has been raised just two pounds. That was his first run in almost eleven months so he could strip fitter here and the experience won't have been lost on him. The step back up in trip is another source of potential improvement and he has proven himself on both good and soft ground so underfoot conditions here shouldn't pose a problem. The yard had a very quiet start to the season but they have a profitable 18% strike rate already this month (27% over fences).

2.25 - Lingfield - Colourbearer. 1 pt e/w. Available at 14/1.
This looks competitive with just eleven pounds between the eleven runners on Official Ratings. Desert Strike, Valmina, New Rich and Triple Dream have plenty of experience and form around here but it may be worth chancing that Colourbearer can make the frame at least. He hasn't been at his best since returning to the fray in October but he has given the impression that it's taking a bit of time to get him back into full fitness. He is now down to a mark of 64 and that has enabled him to take this drop in class. His close third to Triple Dream from four pounds higher back here in May looks useful form in the context of this race and he meets that rival on three pounds better terms today. He will need to show more than he has done on his last three starts but he has form against better horses in better races in the too distant past and a form revival would see him mount a serious challenge.

2.50 - Musselburgh - Teo Vivo. 2 pts win. Available at 11/2.

3.20 - Musselburgh - Broome Lane. 2 pts win. Available at 6/1.

6.10 - Kempton - Major Crispies. 1 pt e/w. Available at 10/1.

Last edited:
Sonovarebel is fancied to go well in the 5.10.
No form to write home about but a decent contact says they think it will run well. Massive price so who knows.

Last edited:
Sonovarebel is fancied to go well in the 5.10.
No form to write home about but a decent contact says they think it will run well. Massive price so who knows.

They certainly came for him a bit, 66/1 in to 25/1. Ran well for a long way but spent loads of energy fighting the stalls handlers, faded late on.

Aurillac at Newbury well thought of by the yard and am hoping will improve with every run.

Backed him myself, didn't have time to post this morning. I kind of envisioned how he'd run because Newbury's fences are so tough, bad bet really. But that Ascot form with Singlefarmpayment is very good so could not resist. Softer ground and easier fences and this horse goes in off anything in the mid to low 130s.

Last edited:
Florencio 18:25 AT CHELMSFORD CITY 6f
Mate has a share, frustrating horse since winning at Chelmsford last year and following up at Wolves.
Has switched from Muir to Botti and hoping the change under Adam Kirby works it's magic.

My bets [1pt win on each @ BOG]

12.30 Exeter-Cajun Fiddle @ 7-4 [Skybet]
12.40 Towcester-Duke Arcadio @ 7-2 [Bet 365]
1.00 Exeter-Lithic @ 8-1 [Bet Bright]
1.20 Newcastle-Tailwind @ 7-2 [Bet Bright]
1.50 Newcastle-Go George Go @ 5-2 [Bet 365]
2.20 Newcastle-Airton @ 13-8 [William Hill]
3.30 Newcastle-My Dad Syd @ 4-1 [William Hill]
3.45 Exeter-Lunar Flow @ 11-2 [Paddy Power]

Only Colourbearer gave a return yesterday when he finished second at Lingfield.

Today's Selections:

12.40 - Towcester:
Goohar. 1 pt e/w. Available at 10/1.
Nightline. 0.75 pts win. Available at 16/1.
Duke Arcadio went close for us last time out but he is short enough and preference is for Goohar and Nightline. Goohar ran well under a big weight at Huntingdon last time out and. considering he had got rid of his jockey at the second on his reappearance, it was effectively his first start of the campaign. That was his first start at 20 furlongs and this is his first step beyond that distance. The way he stayed on all the way to the line at Huntingdon suggests it could suit. He had form from around today's mark in a couple of better races last season and he is versatile regarding ground conditions. The yard have a profitable 20% strike rate at this track in recent seasons. Nightline was said to be unsuited by the soft ground on his Chase debut and reappearance last month. He had a couple of pieces of useful form in Maiden/Novice company over hurdles and he is bred to be a better Chaser.

1.00 - Exeter - Space Oddity. 2 pts win. Available at 11/2.
Plenty of these come into this race in good form and it looks a very competitive race for the grade. Space Oddity was the winner of a Novice race at Taunton last season and was a close second back there on his second start in handicap company in April. That form hasn't worked out well but he went well for a long way until tiring in the latter stages over an extended 17 furlongs at Fontwell on his reappearance last month. It's likely he will derive a benefit from that outing and a mark of 118 doesn't look beyond his capabilities. His powerful yard have only sent four runners here and two of them have been successful, yielding a profit.

1.20 - Newcastle - Fingals Cave. 1.5 pts e/w. Available at 9/1.

1.40 - Towcester - Desert Joe. 1.5 pts e/w. Available at 9/1.

7.30 - Chelmsford - Mulled Wine. 0.5 pts e/w. Available at 28/1.

Last edited:
Nice call with Goohar Rickie. Saw it too late to get on myself [emoji20]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kasbah runs in 2:30 having left Johnny Murtagh's yard and now gone to Amanda Perretts. He finished just under two lengths behind Ardhoomey, a group 2 winner rated 112. This was about six months ago. Kasbah's gone off the boil latest three starts, (they often do before changing yards), but he looks well treated on best form, now dropped 3lb to 92. Apart from the hot favourite in the race, Kasbah looks a value bet to my eyes at 14/1. We shall will see if this materialises. Market support would boost the confidence. I certainly wouldn't want to see a big drift, it has to be said.

He stayed on strongly this day into 3rd, should come on even further for that run. He runs at Wolves in the class 2 tomorrow evening at 5:15. A race to watch with interest.

I see a forecasted SP on sporting life of 7/1 for Kasbah which I think is tantalisingly generous.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back