What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My bets [1pt win on each @ BOG]

2.00 Plumpton-Sartorial Elegance @ 7-4 [Bet 365]
2.20 Ffos Las-Limited Reserve @ 4-1 [Skybet]
3.30 Plumpton-Magnus Romeo @ 9-4 [Bet 365]
5.10 Wolverhampton-Sands Chorus @ 9-2 [Bet 365]

Not had much luck lately, hopefully better today.

1.45 - Ffos Las - Laser Hawk. 1.5 pts e/w. Available at 17/2.
West Wizard is probably the one to beat based on his reappearance here over three miles twelve days ago but we will give one more chance to Laser Hawk. He has shown on a couple of occasions that he has ability over fences and those performances suggest he should be up to winning a race at this level. Unfortunately he has disappointed and failed to complete in four of his seven starts as a Chaser and his performance last time out at Chepstow was underwhelming. Hopes are pinned on the first time visor having the desired effect and the step back up in trip will suit this three time Point winner.

2.20 - Ffos Las - Bingo D'Olivate. 2 pts win. Available at 9/2.
Easy last time winner, Limited Reserve, has a progressive profile and is unexposed. He is likely to remain very competitive but preference is for top weight Bingo D'Olivate. He was a facile winner at Newbury last March, for which he incurred an eleven pound penalty. He reappeared at Lingfield over two miles last month in soft ground and, although finishing a three length fifth of the eight runners, he would've been involved in the finish but for a penultimate flight blunder. That was his first start for nine months and strongly suggested that his new handicap mark is not beyond him. He tends to treat his hurdles with a degree of disdain but, if he can cut out the errors, there's no reason why he shouldn't be on the premises at the business end of the race.

3.20 - Ffos Las - Moorlands Mist. 3 pts win. Available at 4/1.

Last edited:

2.00 Plumpton-Sartorial Elegance @ 7-4 [Bet 365]
2.20 Ffos Las-Limited Reserve @ 4-1 [Skybet]
5.10 Wolverhampton-Sands Chorus @ 9-2 [Bet 365]

More excellent work, thanks and well done.

2.00 Plumpton-Sartorial Elegance @ 7-4 [Bet 365]:)
2.20 Ffos Las-Limited Reserve @ 4-1 [Skybet]:)
5.10 Wolverhampton-Sands Chorus @ 9-2 [Bet 365]:) @ 11-2

Profit of 10.25pts

Morning

12.00 Southwell-Gracious Tom @ 9-2 [Bet 365]
12.20 Catterick-Danceintothelight @ 9-4 [Paddy Power]
1.20 Catterick-Vintage Clouds @ 13-8 [Paddy Power]
1.40 Wincanton-Royal Salute @ 3-1 [Bet Bright]
1.50 Catterick-Ckalco Des Loges @ 11-10 [Bet Victor]
2.10 Wincanton-Barney Dwan @ 6-4 [Paddy Power]
2.20 Catterick-Brian Boranha @ 10-3 [Ladbrokes]

Brilliant stuff again PB.

There's no hiding place when selections run as poorly as they did yesterday. At Ffos Las Laser Hawk disappointed again and he has now lost any faith I had left in him. He was pulled up a long way from home, as was Bingo D'olivate later on the same card. Moorlands Mist at least got round but he never looked likely to be involved in the finish. Losing is sometimes part of gambling but it's disappointing when horses don't perform to anywhere near expectations.

No analysis today. It’s another tough looking day and opportunities are thin on the ground but hopefully I have found a few that are capable of going well.

If i don't get a winner today I think i'll impose a posting ban on myself for the foreseeable future.

1.40 - Wincanton - Thegreendalerocket. 2 pts win. Available at 5/1.

2.40 - Wincanton - Edeiff's Lad. 1 pt e/w. Available at 16/1.

3.10 - Wincanton - Staunton. 3 pts win. Available at 4/1.

Last edited:
Morning

12.00 Southwell-Gracious Tom @ 9-2 [Bet 365]
12.20 Catterick-Danceintothelight @ 9-4 [Paddy Power]

The Super Heinz looked on after the first two races. Ultimately a massively frustrating hour. Horse brought down and jockey error kicking on too far out cost you having 5 winners.

Brian Boranha was my main bet today and was delighted with the win. Then I noticed my betfair balance had plummeted for no apparent reason.
So I went to investigate and found the following:
"Following a stewards inquiry, Brian Boranha, who passed the post 1st, was disqualified. Jockey weighed in 2lb light"
Gutted!

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Brian Boranha was my main bet today and was delighted with the win. Then I noticed my betfair balance had plummeted for no apparent reason.
So I went to investigate and found the following:
"Following a stewards inquiry, Brian Boranha, who passed the post 1st, was disqualified. Jockey weighed in 2lb light"
Gutted!

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Ball breaker, only Skybet paying out on Brian

Don't know when it happened, but only won by 1/2 a length so the 2lb less weight would have made a difference

Morning

12.00 Southwell-Gracious Tom @ 9-2 [Bet 365]:) @ 5-1
12.20 Catterick-Danceintothelight @ 9-4 [Paddy Power]:)

Profit of 2.25pts

If you bet Brian Boranha with Skybet or Bet Victor, they will pay you out as a winner. If you complain to Bet 365 on live chat, they have been refunding the stakes. I bet the horse with Ladbrokes, and its treated as a loser...

I got 2s on Vintage Clouds last night. Beaten by a ******* stable companion that was 20L behind him at Haydock. **** sake.

Keeping a eye on whether there is any money for Tim Vaughan's Aqalim in the graduation chase at Newbury at 2:00. Early prices range from 10/1 to 18/1. A Darley bred, he showed talent over hurdles for John Ferguson, before losing his way in his final few starts. Definitely had enough talent for connections of Tim Vaughan to want to buy him, to give him a chase career. He gets 11lbs from the main protagonists, which is plenty of weight. As I don't fancy the market leaders to topple the other market leaders, through a strange left field process of elimination, I'm left with the possibility Aqalim could cause a surprise, if (it's a big if), he could recapture the talent that saw him hacking up in decent handicap hurdles not so long ago. I need to see if he is fancied at all in the betting before paying to find out. If he drifts I'll swerve him, if he's supported I'll take a chance.

Last edited:
The Super Heinz looked on after the first two races. Ultimately a massively frustrating hour. Horse brought down and jockey error kicking on too far out cost you having 5 winners.

yes mate. Betting gods not with us today, but there will be other days....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back