What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a little nibble on Bingo D'olivate for Tom Scu in the 2:40.

33/1 seems a price worth having an e/w on. Space Oddity is a worthy fav so just see what happens.

Last edited:
Can't grumble with that run by Innoko, finished like a train but just could not catch that winner!

My bets [1pt win on each @ BOG]

1.50 Hereford-Long Call @ 3-1 [William Hill]
2.40 Taunton-Resolution Bay @ 9-2 [Bet Victor]
3.00 Newcastle-Spirit Of The Vale @ 8-1 [Bet Bright]
3.10 Taunton-Real Milan @ 8-1 [Ladbrokes]
3.30 Newcastle-Mailshot @ 9-4 [Ladbrokes]

Well done. Left out the Hunter Chase and had a Lucky 15. Waiting on the last one for a nice return.

1.50 Hereford-Long Call @ 3-1 [William Hill]:)
2.40 Taunton-Resolution Bay @ 9-2 [Bet Victor]
3.00 Newcastle-Spirit Of The Vale @ 8-1 [Bet Bright]:)
3.10 Taunton-Real Milan @ 8-1 [Ladbrokes]
3.30 Newcastle-Mailshot @ 9-4 [Ladbrokes]

Profit of 8pts

Super work PB. Your consistency is superb, and a few nice big price winners recently too. Much appreciated 👍

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Morning

1.50 Catterick-A Little Magic @ 13-8 [Bet 365]
2.00 Newcastle-September Issue @ 7-2 [Ladbrokes]
2.10 Leicester-Wilberdragon @ 9-2 [Skybet]
2.30 Newcastle-Henry Croft @ 5-4 [Bet 365]
2.40 Leicester-Lord Landen @ 3-1 [Bet Victor]
2.50 Catterick-Straidnahanna @ 8-1 [Ladbrokes]
3.10 Leicester-Storming Strumpet @ 7-2 [Paddy Power]
3.30 Newcastle-Winterlude @ 9-1 [Bet 365]
4.00 Newcastle-Arctic Sea @ 11-4 [Paddy Power]
4.30 Newcastle-Volunteer Point @ 9-1 [William Hill]
5.00 Newcastle-Gracious John @ 2-1 [Bet 365]

Good morning, PB! Wow, 11-bets. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you said once that 1-point meant 40 quid to you, so this is an outlay of 440 quid, right? Phew, it really is a good job you are successful most of the time! Too grand for me!

To be honest, you are one of the few punters who I have found that actually makes money (in the long run) at this game, the most well-known one in years gone by being, of course, the late Alex Bird. Standing ovation by Newmarket racegoers when he walked into Tatts bar there shortly before his death. Even Alex bit the dust once, and that was when he decided that European horses could not be beaten in the Breeders' Cup races; he got badly bruised in those early days of the BC, and had to limp back home to these shores. UK and Irish racing was his cup of tea, and one of his favourite forms of betting was on an obviously outstanding apprentice (who was worth much more than the standard weight allowances), one such youngster being a chap called Pat Eddery.................

Keep up the good work, I wish you luck!

Only Galactic Power gave us a return yesterday when he finished third at Taunton.

Today's Selections:

2.50 - Catterick - Doing Fine. 3 pts win. Available at 7/2. (Nap)
The fifteen runner North Yorshire Grand National may not be the best sort of race to be pinning your hopes on of finding the winner. When that horse is the 7/2 market leader it doesn't leave a lot of room to manoeuvre from a value standpoint but Doing Fine is a relatively lightly raced nine year old who could still be improving. He ran well on his reappearance at Chepstow last season but that's as good as it got in three subsequent starts. His dip in form coincided with his yard's below par campaign and he was sold by connections. Debuting over hurdles for his new yard over hurdles at Sedgefield in October he went down by a length over 27 furlongs and followed that by losing out by a quarter of a length in the London National over 29 furlongs at Sandown. He has gone up four pounds for that win but he is still two pounds below the mark from which he started last season. He is still unexposed over extreme trips and has proved himself versatile regarding ground conditions. The yard are in form and they are rare visitors here.

3.50 - Catterick - Miami Present. 1 pt e/w. Available at 14/1.
Another fifteen runner handicap which are not the most attractive betting propositions for an e/w wager. However it could be worth chancing Miami Present who returns to hurdles after disappointing over fences on his last two starts. Prior to those he had gone close on his reappearance at Fakenham over 20 furlongs on good ground and he runs from just three pounds higher in the weights here. That was his best effort since winning a Maiden at the same track a year earlier and he could be capable of building on that. He may have a preference for Fakenham but this track is not dissimilar in orientation. Adam Wedge renews acquaintances and he has two winners to his name here from just nine rides.

4.30 - Newcastle - Volunteer Point. 1.5 pts e/w. Available at 8/1. (Nb)

I've rowed in with Doing Fine also.
Edit: Non-runner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Cracking winner there PB at a great price. Our new best friend Danny Cook from the front again with the good clock in his head[emoji4] !

Only just noticed PB put that one up. Nice winner with his first selection as well. Top stuff again mate.

Well done again, PB!

15:50 Catterick - Rhymers Stone e/w

(Lightly-raced runner for Mrs Graham's small stable).

Good morning, PB! Wow, 11-bets. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you said once that 1-point meant 40 quid to you, so this is an outlay of 440 quid, right? Phew, it really is a good job you are successful most of the time! Too grand for me!

To be honest, you are one of the few punters who I have found that actually makes money (in the long run) at this game, the most well-known one in years gone by being, of course, the late Alex Bird. Standing ovation by Newmarket racegoers when he walked into Tatts bar there shortly before his death. Even Alex bit the dust once, and that was when he decided that European horses could not be beaten in the Breeders' Cup races; he got badly bruised in those early days of the BC, and had to limp back home to these shores. UK and Irish racing was his cup of tea, and one of his favourite forms of betting was on an obviously outstanding apprentice (who was worth much more than the standard weight allowances), one such youngster being a chap called Pat Eddery.................

Keep up the good work, I wish you luck!

Thanks bud

Got away with it today, as have had occasions in past where had 10 bets in one day, and not one won!

Morning

1.50 Catterick-A Little Magic @ 13-8 [Bet 365]
2.50 Catterick-Straidnahanna @ 8-1 [Ladbrokes]

Thought Luke Morris had a poor tactics day at Newcastle today where he rode three bets of mine, but one of them [September Issue] was a bit unlucky having been forced to check and losing momentum and ground at crucial stage of race. His run [4th] can be upgraded

Morning

1.50 Catterick-A Little Magic @ 13-8 [Bet 365]:) @ 11-4
2.50 Catterick-Straidnahanna @ 8-1 [Ladbrokes]:) R4

Profit of 1.75pts

1.30 Lingfield-Still Waiting @ 7-2 [Bet Victor]
2.00 Lingfield-Free Zone @ 9-4 [Skybet]
2.20 Huntingdon-Water Wagtail @ 8-1 [Ladbrokes]
4.00 Lingfield-Temple Road @ 7-4 [Paddy Power]

<style type="text/css">p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 12.0px Helvetica; -webkit-text-stroke: #000000}p.p2 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 12.0px Helvetica; -webkit-text-stroke: #000000; min-height: 14.0px}span.s1 {font-kerning: none}span.s2 {text-decoration: underline ; font-kerning: none}</style>Free Zone (Lingfield 2.00) - 4 point win - 15/8 available
He ran a decent race last time out and should improve for that. He will have to break well from his wide draw but it looks a poor race if Winston can get him to the front I don’t think they’ll catch him.

These haven't been great lately, so if I don't get a return today I will cease posting for a while. Usually very consistent but it just isn't happening at the moment for some reason.

Doing Fine was a non runner yesterday. Miami Present and Volunteer Point failed to give us a return.

Today's Selections:

1.20 - Huntingdon - Camron De Chaillac. 2 pts win. Available at 11/2.
Camron De Chaillac ran well when we supported him last time out at Taunton. He finished a three and a half length third of the fifteen runners but may have got closer if he had jumped the last a bit better. The winner was a bit disappointing at Catterick yesterday but he travelled well into the latter stages and looked to be found out by the much longer trip. A two pound rise in the weights for the Taunton effort looks manageable and, although still a maiden after five starts, his profile is a progressive one. He has yet to race on ground this soft over hurdles but he doesn't have the action of a horse who would necessarily be inconvenienced by it. The yards completion record with their horses over the past fortnight looks disconcerting but many have them have been big prices and the best performance in that time was by the selection.

2.20 - Huntingdon - Wait A Second. 2 pts win. Available at 5/1.
Arbeo has won this race for the past two seasons and it's likely he has been aimed at a hat-trick attempt. He is on last season's winning mark and won this in 2015 on the back of pulling up on his previous outing so he is quite capable of putting his non-completion at Newbury behind him. However he faces a few unexposed Chasers in opposition and, of those, Wait A Second is given slight preference. His still a maiden after five starts over fences but there were clear signs over this C/D last time out that he is beginning to find his feet over the bigger obstacles. He was eventually beaten seven lengths by the re-opposing The Jugopolist but it was his best effort over fences to date and, although only six pounds better off with that rival, it wouldn't be a surprise to see him reverse that form. He is now 12 pounds below the mark from which he debuted as a Chaser back in July at Uttoxeter and could now be ready to take advantage of the assessors generosity. The yard have a profitable 35% strike rate here with their horses over fences (9 From 26) and the presence of Barry Geraghty in the saddle won't do his chances any harm.

3.30 - Lingfield - Polar Kite. 1 pt e/w. Available at 14/1.

5.45 - Wolverhampton - Socialites Red. 1 pt e/w. Available at 12/1.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back