What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shout Benny.

I've had a couple of small ew l15s tomorrow at Southwell on Dixons runners. I know he's bang out of form but he's due and all his runners look on great marks.

I Just Know - Doncaster 3.10

Best form in the race, yard in form, can see this making all. Just taken 7/4

Did just that..made all. Well done

Not a big fan of jockey Danny Cook, but when he is on a front runner has a good clock in his head, one of the best around at judging the right pace for his horse

Stoute filly looked like didn't stay while the first bet as said earlier should have won...poor ride

My bets [1pt win on each @ BOG]

1.15 Sandown-Marcilhac @ 9-1 [Bet 365]
1.30 Wincanton-Captain McGinley @ 5-1 [Boylesports]
2.10 Newcastle-Lough Kent @ 9-1 [Bet Bright]
2.20 Lingfield-Alfred Hutchinson @ 3-1 [Ladbrokes]

would give Captain McGinley another chance, bled from the nose so explains poor run

2.50 Southwell-Western Presence @ 15-8 [Skybet]
3.50 Southwell-Space War @ 4-1 [Skybet]
4.00 Lingfield-Barney From Tyanee @ 5-2 [Paddy Power]
4.10 Wolverhampton-St Patrick's Day @ 15-2 [Bet Victor]
5.10 Wolverhampton-Scribner Creek @ 5-1 [Paddy Power]

I am not your employee, you are not paying me for tips. So to suggest I only post bets with the posted odds available at least with 3 bookmakers is ridiculous. I also take offence at your accusation that the prices quoted are not available when I post, please enclose the proof of that.

Everyone who takes an interest in my selections will know I always post every morning around the same time [ 6-6.30am ish] The BOG is in place also....yes I don't get that concession but as stated here and in private all my bets are already on before I post on here.

From Sept 2015 to Sept 2016 my "1pt each" bets were posted on another forum, and finished the year with just under 500pts profit, and a lot of the guys from there now know I post on TH. As stated earlier I have no control what happens to the odds after I post

Just read this as I missed it somehow. You are quite right I am not your employer and not paying me and you can do as you like, but quoting profits on top prices and BOG which any serious player can't get, then you are just kidding yourself. As for price movements I will take your word on that as I will not be up at 6.30 to check. Good on you for moving the markets though PB. Laters

Sporting e/w bet for me today at the 16/1 currently available with almost all of 'them' is Darwins Theory in the 2:30 at Lingfield. Should handle the heavy ground, whilst a few of the others may have a few question marks in this regard?

Last edited:
Trans Express has history, (and collateral form) with other novice hurdlers on the upgrade, such as Benny's King (Venetia Williams), Ballycristal (Brian Ellison), and Limited Reserve (Paul Morgan). These are now in my tracker.
Both Lord Of The Island and Benny's King entered up on Saturday in the Lanzarote, my preference is for Venetia's Benny King. Even with Trans Express running a stinker I still want to follow (or stick with) the collateral form. Good luck with your tips today everyone btw.

Last edited:
Just read this as I missed it somehow. You are quite right I am not your employer and not paying me and you can do as you like, but quoting profits on top prices and BOG which any serious player can't get, then you are just kidding yourself. As for price movements I will take your word on that as I will not be up at 6.30 to check. Good on you for moving the markets though PB. Laters

Serious players aren't on forums looking for tips. Any recreational punter will have good fun sticking his selections into multiples every morning.

Spice Mill and Forest Steps were disappointing at Wolverhampton yesterday. Forest Commander ran creditably when finishing third at Doncaster and Dltripleseven filled the same position at Lingfield, being unsuited by the moderate pace and the way the race unfolded.

Today's Selections:

2.00 - Lingfield - Heroes Or Ghosts. 3 pts win. Available at 3/1.
Desert Joe is lurking on a dangerous mark, and this is probably the easiest assignment he has faced over fences, but he has been well beaten in all four starts since running Fruity O'Rooney to just under four lengths in November 2015. Coolking is also well handicapped on his old Chase form but his two victories last season came over hurdles and he has been well beaten in his last six starts over the bigger obstacles. Lord Heathfield is better known as a Pointer/Hunter Chaser but he returned to win under rules at Uttoxeter last month. That has seen him lumped with a seven pound rise in the weights, which seems harsh, so it may pay to concentrate on the two least exposed Chasers in the field, Song Saa and Heroes Or Ghosts, with preference for the latter. Heroes Or Ghosts is still a maiden after ten starts, five over fences, but he has finished second on his last two outings at Uttoxeter and over C/D. That last effort saw him beaten eight lengths but there was fourteen lengths back to the third and the unexposed winner has since run very well in the Sussex National. This represents a drop in class and the selection has the progressive profile to take advantage from his current mark. He has yet to tackle heavy ground under rules but he has handled soft ground and was a Point winner in soft to heavy going.

2.20 - Southwell:
Vivat Rex. 1 pt win. Available at 14/1.
Showboating. 0.75 pts e/w. Available at 20/1.
On current form this looks a relatively simple task for Mithqaal but his odds on price means he takes the chunk of the market and there are horses available at bigger prices than they would normally be. They could simply be playing for places but the favourite is best coming off a strong pace in bigger fields so his task may not be as straightforward as it would seem at first glance. Vivat Rex is 2 from 2 over C/D and, although it was only a Claimer he won last time out, it was a decent one and he won it more comfortably than the one length margin suggests. His only other visit here here saw him run out a seven length winner from a seven pound higher mark so he is still one pound below that rating with his penalty here. This is his first start for a new yard who do well here with their horses. Showboating is an enigmatic character to say the least but he is slowly coming down the weights and he ran a bit better than his final finishing positions suggests over seven furlongs here last time out. He is still five pounds higher than when winning over C/D in July 2015 but he has got competitive from higher in the handicap since and this is his easiest task for some time. He is partnered by one of the best seven pound claimers around and his presence for the one booked ride could be significant.

3.30 - Lingfield - Act Now. 3 pts win. Available at 7/2.

5.10 - Wolverhampton - Gossiping. 1.5 pts win. Available at 9/1.

Last edited:
Serious players aren't on forums looking for tips.....................

Quite correct, couldn't agree more. Again, the title of this thread is ""What are you backing Today?", that's all. If a guy wants to 'tip', as such, there's a thread for it on this forum, I believe?

Me? I just tell people who'll read it which hoss I am backing, so they can have a good laugh, good sport that I am! :lol:

Serious players aren't on forums looking for tips. Any recreational punter will have good fun sticking his selections into multiples every morning.

Excellent post.

There may also be an argument that serious players don't post theirs either.

Sporting e/w bet for me today at the 16/1 currently available with almost all of 'them' is Darwins Theory in the 2:30 at Lingfield. Should handle the heavy ground, whilst a few of the others may have a few question marks in this regard?

Good selection this Bolero.

Early One for tomorrow.

2:00 Newcastle - Devious Spirit - 1pt e/w @ 9/1 (general)
I don't know too much about Mr Lynn, but he seems like a really capable jockey, boasting a record of 5 wins from 10 rides, all on different horses. He is two out of three for this trainer, the horse is down to its lowest mark and was well backed two runs ago but was away slowly. The yard has been in decent form and though the horse is not proven at the trip, if it gets home it should go well.

Last edited:

2.50 Southwell-Western Presence @ 15-8 [Skybet]:) @ 3-1
3.50 Southwell-Space War @ 4-1 [Skybet]
4.00 Lingfield-Barney From Tyanee @ 5-2 [Paddy Power]
4.10 Wolverhampton-St Patrick's Day @ 15-2 [Bet Victor]
5.10 Wolverhampton-Scribner Creek @ 5-1 [Paddy Power]

Loss of 1pt

1.50 Hereford-Long Call @ 3-1 [William Hill]
2.40 Taunton-Resolution Bay @ 9-2 [Bet Victor]
3.00 Newcastle-Spirit Of The Vale @ 8-1 [Bet Bright]
3.10 Taunton-Real Milan @ 8-1 [Ladbrokes]
3.30 Newcastle-Mailshot @ 9-4 [Ladbrokes]

Showboating and Vivat Rex were second and third to the odds on favourite at Southwell yesterday, the former returning place money. Heroes Or Ghosts and Act Now were very disappointing but the well backed Gossiping hacked up at Wolverhampton to ensure a profitable day.

Today's Selections:

2.40 - Taunton - Resolution Bay. 2.5 pts win. Available at 4/1.
Some of these have their better days ahead of them. Space Oddity, Volopone Jelois and Resolution Bay are three such horses and slight preference is for the latter. He completely flopped on his debut in a Bumper last April but he has been a different proposition in his two outings over hurdles. His easy victory on his reappearance at Exeter in November didn't tell us much but his third in an Introductory Hurdle at Ascot later the same month suggested he has a fair amount of ability to unlock. The form of that race is beginning to look reasonable at least. The winner was not disgraced in a Grade Two race subsequently and the four length second has gone close to a potentially top class Paul Nicholls recruit. The selection was a further three quarters of a length away and the way he travelled through the race offered the encouragement that he is better than a 128 rated horse. He is bred to be suited by this step up in trip. He will probably be seen to best effect over fences in time but he could pick up some nice races on the way over the smaller obstacles. Represents top connections.

2.50 - Hereford - Socksy. 1.5 pts win. Available at 9/1.
Extreme trips look likely to bring out the best in some of these. Making just her fourth start over hurdles, a chance is taken on Socksy. A Bumper winner in her native Ireland, she didn't show much on her debut for her current yard but improved on that effort when finishing fourth over 21 furlongs on soft ground at Warwick last time out. Her winning stablemate has since won a Listed Novice with ease and the second followed up in a Wincanton Novice. The fifth has also recorded a victory so there is some substance to the form. Socksy makes her handicap debut from a reasonable looking mark of 110 and she wouldn't need to improve much to get competitive. There is stamina in her breeding so the further step up in trip could suit and she represents a yard who are well on their way to recording their best season to date. Their hurdlers in handicaps have recorded a very profitable 22% strike rate in this campaign.

3.20 - Hereford:
Money Maid. 3 pts win. Available at 100/30
Try It Sometime. 0.5 pts e/w. Available at 18/1.

3.40 - Taunton - Galactic Power. 1.5 pts e/w. Available at 8/1.

Last edited:
15:40 at Taunton is a poor and trappy event, but Innoko will do for me. Has a fair chance here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back