What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi both sorry but you are both wrong I backed the winner at 7.06 yesterday at 9/2 and was paid out with paddy power at that price. PB consistently is unreal and if you back when he puts it up then you get the price. It's not his fault the prices contract it's a good thing, it's like the people who give out about hugh Taylor's prices on at the races shortening

Agree - I backed it at 9/2 with no rule 4. The prices are always there when PB posts, though in many cases they go soon afterwards as most of these horses are shorteners.

Keep up the good work PB.

Sandown 1.50 Bright New Dawn looks to have a decent chance here with the return to 2m and softer ground in his favour. Some concern that he's been sold by Gigi but he's in great hands with Venetia and happy to take a chance at 10/1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14:25 Sandown - Charlemar

(Useful young recruit to NH racing. Highly-tried today in this Class 1 Tolworth Hurdle at my favourite track. However, is a half-decent price and should go very well and, hopefully, stay the trip on the forecast heavy ground (his French breeding would suggest he will). I say, hopefully, because I was quite wrong yesterday with Midnight Silver; was disappointed and surprised when she 'weakened' to finish third. Such is horseracing, but we live to fight another day!).

Last edited:
1.15 - Sandown - Marcilhac. 2 pts win. Available at 7/1.

2.05 - Wincanton - Some Buckle. 2.5 pts win. Available at 5/1.

2.40 - Wincanton - Greybougg. 0.75 pts e/w. Availabe at 25/1.

3.15 - Wincanton - Above Board. 3 pts win. Available at 4/1.

3.00 - Sandown:
Theatrical Star. 1.5 pts win. Available at 8/1.
Gas Line Boy. 1.5 pts win. Available at 9/1.

3.15 - Wincanton - Above Board. 3 pts win. Available at 4/1
Right race wrong horse, all this gets to see today is Trans Express arse. ;)

I hope some of the lurkers on here got 8's and 9's on mine last night.

Last edited:
My bets [1pt win on each @ BOG]

1.15 Sandown-Marcilhac @ 9-1 [Bet 365]
1.30 Wincanton-Captain McGinley @ 5-1 [Boylesports]
2.10 Newcastle-Lough Kent @ 9-1 [Bet Bright]:)
2.20 Lingfield-Alfred Hutchinson @ 3-1 [Ladbrokes]:)

Profit of 10pts

Having said that, I'm on a shite run, so if the pattern continues this gets beat too.

I tend to agree. there should be at least 3 books available on Oddschecker and don't include BOG as any serious player can't get it. That makes all of your prices quoted above miles out. Sorry but we have to get real.

I am not your employee, you are not paying me for tips. So to suggest I only post bets with the posted odds available at least with 3 bookmakers is ridiculous. I also take offence at your accusation that the prices quoted are not available when I post, please enclose the proof of that.

Everyone who takes an interest in my selections will know I always post every morning around the same time [ 6-6.30am ish] The BOG is in place also....yes I don't get that concession but as stated here and in private all my bets are already on before I post on here.

From Sept 2015 to Sept 2016 my "1pt each" bets were posted on another forum, and finished the year with just under 500pts profit, and a lot of the guys from there now know I post on TH. As stated earlier I have no control what happens to the odds after I post

Greed tax for me again - took 12/1 Cloudy Too at Bet365 ew 4 places and ignored the 10/1 at Skybet who were paying 6 places so of course the horse comes 5th [emoji35]

Unfortunately there were a few other arses in front of Trans Express. Not one to give up on though

Unfortunately there were a few other arses in front of Trans Express. Not one to give up on though

Yeah one for the system Viking I reckon, will keep his price honest next time out or the time after that. I would have liked Jonjo's horse to come through for Ricko, that's racing. Both stuffed. Thankfully the game is only a hobby for me and stakes are always fivers or tenners. I realised ages ago a horses capability is ultimately all in my head, so not great surprise. ;)

Last edited:
Sorry - I've got him, dynaste and theatrical star in a singles and a tri thingy, that's doomed them all

That's OK, trudij, my bets lately are pretty well doomed anyway! :)

In present form no right having a bet, but it's Sunday so will have a bash. One who might run well in next at Chepstow (14:30) is Lady Robyn in first run over fences. She looks a chasing type so have had a bit e/w on her with Laddies at 9/1).

My bets [1pt win on each @ BOG]

1.15 Lingfield-Metronomic @ 8-1 [Bet Bright]
3.00 Wolverhampton-Seven Clans @ 7-2 [Bet 365]
3.55 Lingfield-Lucrezia @ 8-1 [Bet Bright]

Today's selections:

1.55 - Wolverhampton - Spice Mill. 1 pt e/w. Available at 11/1.
Cliff runs to a consistent level with regularity but he has only managed to get his head in front once in 33 starts. It's not surprising to see him at the head of the market in this affair but, given his record, he's plenty short enough. Kenstone took 22 starts to win a race but he followed up and comes here seeking a hat-trick. His partner today was on board for both victories and he could defy a seven pound rise in the weights. He looks a more attractive proposition than the favourite but at a much bigger price it may be worth siding with Spice Mill in the hope that he can get competitive and make the frame at least. He is still a maiden after eleven outings but he has shown enough on his last two starts to believe there is a small race in him. He was a good second at Chelmsford on his penultimate start and, although finishing in midfield at Southwell last time out, that was a better race than this one and he ran to the same level as he had on three previous visits. He runs on polytrack for the first time but the step up to seven furlongs could be a source of improvement having suggested on those last two starts that it could suit.

2.15 - Lingfield - Dltripleseven. 3 pts win. Available at 4/1. (Nap)
Stepping up to two miles for the first time, Aurora Gray ran out a comfortable winner over this C/D last month and she could defy a five pound rise in the weights. She had shown promise a few times over shorter and could now flourish given stiffer stamina tests. Her current price may well be fair but she faces a few rivals who are also open to improvement and they look more attractive propositions. Top of that list is Dltripleseven who has a progressive profile on both the turf and the A/W. He was well beaten on his hurdling debut last time out but that is not hard to forgive and he should be seen in a much better light returned to the level. He was a C/D winner on his penultimate start and, although this represents a step up in class from a six pound higher mark, the manner of that victory suggests there are better races to be won with him. His only previous victory had also come here, over 14 furlongs, and there appears to be enough pace in this race for his 'hold-up' tactics to be effective.

3.10 - Doncaster - Deputy Commander. 2 pts win. Available at 6/1. (Nb)
A decent and competitive race for the grade with just ten pounds separating the nine runners on Official Ratings. I Just Know heads the market and his second to a subsequent winner at Wetherby last time out is probably the best piece of form available. He is open to plenty of further improvement but the same could be said about the majority of these and he may not have as much in hand over this field as the market suggests. Deputy Commander was well beaten at Ffos Las last month but he never looked happy there. Picking up his feet out of heavy ground over fences may not have been to his liking and he is worth giving another chance based on his earlier victory over this C/D. That came on his Chasing debut when he showed a good attitude in getting up in the shadows of the post to deny Duke Arcadio. The runner up re-opposes on two pounds better terms for half a length and can also be excused a subsequent poor effort. There shouldn't be much between them here but Deputy Commander seem to relish jumping fences and he has both the size and scope for significant improvement. The yard send just the one here and the presence of Sam Twiston-Davies for just the one booked ride could be significant.

4.05 - Wolverhampton - Forest Steps. 0.75 pts e/w. Available at 25/1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back