What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
1.45 - Lingfield - Camaradorie. 1 pt e/w. Available at 14/1.
A handicap for three year olds and several of the field come into the race on the back of good efforts. Sea Tea Dea and Auric Goldfginger were both successful last time out, and the latter is a strong favourite to follow up. However at a much bigger price it could be worth chancing Camaradorie. She makes her handicap debut after improving with each of her three outings in Maiden company and her opening mark of 60 could underestimate her. She appeared to take a major step forward when finishing third at a huge price at Wolverhampton on her last start and that effort can be upgraded considering she was short of room on two occasions going into the latter stages. She looks to be maturing both physically and mentally and she wouldn't need to improve much again to get competitive here. She needs to prove herself on Polytrack but the form of the Wolverhampton run has held up surprisingly well since and she could once again have been underestimated by the layers.

2.35 - Leicester - Texas Forever. 3 pts win. Available at 3/1.

4.30 - Lingfield - Disclosure. 1.5 pts win. Available at 7/1.

Good luck all, some nice tips on the site today!

I'm duly following in on Silver Quay, Lady Robyn.

I'm adding Limerick Lord - 21 race maiden, has won over 1m but didn't quite see that out last time having been held up so no surprise to see dropped to 7f. Significantly lower in weight than a few months ago but not been running that badly and another 3lb off today. Has been backed though so not worth lumping on at the price given never got it's head in front.

Gold Merlion - 5.00 Lingfield. Price on this I think is way too big. Won first time so clearly goes well fresh. Then four average runs upped in distance. Yard does well with these types on the all weather and have no doubts will have been training hard for this extra distance and will have toughened up, can see Fanning try to steal a march on the final bend and then hold on if horse is fit. Having said that it may just be a blow the cobwebs run! Could be a lenient mark on the all weather. Again I'm not lumping on, 1pt each way but will include with multiples on the above.

I'd agree Mercian Prince was being pushed along to keep in contention on trials day and happy to oppose him today but Crosspark is the one I'm siding with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice 1 V won easy in the end

MJM drifted like a barge and simply couldn't pick up om heavy ground but going so well still hit 3.6 in running..........will be a good thing on better ground

A nice boost for my festival tank. It was your post that made me consider the race in the first place thx

Yes well done Viking. Trans Express out again tomorrow at 4:45 at Sandown, there was 8 runners which made it an e/w race, surprise surprise there's now only 7 runners. He's best priced 5/1 with Hills atm.

To recap - Trans Express is a horse that has beaten subsequent winners Lord Of The Island, Space Oddity and the decent yardstick Rocklander. Now, we're not daft on here, we know Trans Express was getting weight when he did this, and we know Lord Of The Island, has obviously improved a lot since to win at Sandown...but for Trans Express to have beaten him, plus the other two; couldn't be pure fluke.

He disappointed last time for some reason, so I'm not getting hysterical about him..I want to see him win again, justifying my belief that 111 is a low rating. So looking forward to seeing how he goes tomorrow. He might be a good thing, he might not. Pays your money takes your chance.

Last edited:
Silver Quay has been upped in trip tomorrow night[7.00 Chelmsford]....to 2 miles!

Think it could work out, taken the early 100-30 is now 5-2

Ran too free, becoming expensive to follow [7-4 favourite tonight]. Suspect he will be dropped in trip next time

Yes well done Viking. Trans Express out again tomorrow at 4:45 at Sandown, there was 8 runners which made it an e/w race, surprise surprise there's now only 7 runners. He's best priced 5/1 with Hills atm.

To recap - Trans Express is a horse that has beaten subsequent winners Lord Of The Island, Space Oddity and the decent yardstick Rocklander. Now, we're not daft on here, we know Trans Express was getting weight when he did this, and we know Lord Of The Island, has obviously improved a lot since to win at Sandown...but for Trans Express to have beaten him, plus the other two; couldn't be pure fluke.

He disappointed last time for some reason, so I'm not getting hysterical about him..I want to see him win again, justifying my belief that 111 is a low rating. So looking forward to seeing how he goes tomorrow. He might be a good thing, he might not. Pays your money takes your chance.

Trans Express looked (to my eyes anyway) to be hating the ground last time out and I'm not sure it's going to be any better tomorrow. However it's a weaker race and 5/1 looks decent value. But he's 7/2 now and not for me at that price

GL with the bet though

Last edited:
My bets [1pt win on each @ BOG]

2.10 Sandown-Pougne Bobbi @ 6-4 [Bet 365]
2.20 Newcastle-Excel Again @ 5-2 [Skybet]
3.00 Fakenham-Glengra @ 5-2 [William Hill]
3.25 Newcastle-Sennockian Star @ 11-4 [Bet 365]
3.35 Fakenham-Popelys Gull @ 6-1 [Paddy Power]
3.55 Newcastle-Sugarloaf Mountain @ 3-1 [Ladbrokes]
5.25 Newcastle-Merdon Castle @ 15-2 [William Hill]

1.40 - Sandown - Baraymi. 1 pt e/w. Available at 14/1.

2.10 - Sandown - Icing On The Cake. 1 pt e/w. Available at 11/1.

3.25 - Newcastle - John Reel. 1 pt e/w. Available at 12/1.

4.15 - Sandown - Regal Flow. 1 pt e/w. Available at 11/1.

4.45 - Sandown - Justification. 2 pts win. Available at 11/2.

Trans Express looked (to my eyes anyway) to be hating the ground last time out and I'm not sure it's going to be any better tomorrow. However it's a weaker race and 5/1 looks decent value. But he's 7/2 now and not for me at that price

GL with the bet though

11/4 with some now, it is short enough, I agree. I want to see him win well today.

I'm hoping to see my strongest tracker out on Friday or Saturday, Cresswell Breeze.

She will not dog it!

We'll see tomorrow. Cracking e/w price for those that want to know..I reckon she'll put in a big run.

I must be missing something, but I can't fathom why shantou village is priced up as the outsider of 6 in the ascot Chase tommorrow. Only one firm have priced up a without CC market and have him at 13/2.

His two runs for his new trainer have been excellent and all of the others look need to bounce back from poor runs last time.

Sent from my SM-G360F using Tapatalk

Good luck with that one Little lad I'll have a look later. I'm really looking forward to the action tomorrow. It could be a good Chelters funds booster or maybe not...

What about O Faolains Boy in the other chase at Ascot? You wouldn't actually believe until you looked.... its his first start in a handicap chase. The handicapper has dropped him a few pounds, so he's another strong fancy for me, I reckon it will take a really good performance to stop him. I'm not sure where that will come from, so Curtis's horse has to be a bet, imho.

Last edited:
The dancing lord travelled really well on his 1st run for Liam Cusack and dropped down to his best distance 1m, looks well in here, good luck to anyone looking in.

My bets [1pt win on each @ BOG]

2.10 Sandown-Pougne Bobbi @ 6-4 [Bet 365]
2.20 Newcastle-Excel Again @ 5-2 [Skybet] :) @ 4-1
3.00 Fakenham-Glengra @ 5-2 [William Hill]
3.25 Newcastle-Sennockian Star @ 11-4 [Bet 365]
3.35 Fakenham-Popelys Gull @ 6-1 [Paddy Power]
3.55 Newcastle-Sugarloaf Mountain @ 3-1 [Ladbrokes]
5.25 Newcastle-Merdon Castle @ 15-2 [William Hill]

Loss of 2pts

Run of Sugarloaf Mountain too bad to be taken seriously

Hung left for most of the trip, yet though only 4th not beaten that far.

Way the money came [5-4 favourite] suggests compensation when they put the above right

My bets [1pt win on each]

1.15 Ascot-Topofthegame @ 3-1 [Stan James]
2.05 Haydock-Aux Ptits Soins @ 2-1 [William Hill]
2.15 Wincanton-Daveron @ 6-1 [Paddy Power]
2.55 Lingfield-Qaffaal @ 5-1 [Ladbrokes]
4.10 Ascot-Desert Sensation @ 7-1 [Paddy Power]
4.40 Lingfield-Smiley Bagel @ 5-2 [Paddy Power]

[FONT=&quot]Yesterday finished in profit when Justification was successful at Sandown.

Today's Selections:

2.40 - Haydock - Big River. 1.5 pts e/w. Available at 9/1.
Call To Order could be difficult to beat in a race he has to win to qualify for the Cheltenham final. He is open to plenty of improvement but he has been well found in the market and there are viable options at much bigger prices. One of those is the seven year old gelding Big River who has only made it to the racecourse six times and only finished outside the first two on one occasion. That came last time out on his first excursion at three miles on good ground at Musselburgh where he was a three and half length fifth of the ten runners. He seemed to get outpaced going into the latter stages there and a return to softer ground here could suit. He drops back slightly in trip but of more consequence could be the apparent lack of pace in the race. A tactical affair wouldn't be any good to him in this company but hopefully the size of the field will generate a generous gallop. Big River has a progressive profile and the tongue tie he has worn on his last two starts is retained. Tom Scudamore, who was on board for his last win, returns for just the second time and the yard have a very profitable 14% strike rate at the track.

3.00 - Ascot - My Khaleesi. 1 pt e/w. Available at 14/1.
A competitive, good quality handicap hurdle, as befits the money on offer. Oscar Hoof and Ordo Ab Chao were both useful a few seasons back and make their returns from long absences. If they retain their former ability and are fit enough they could have a say. Templeross has arguably the best recent form having finished second in the Lanzarote last time out and he is respected along with Doesyourdogbite and Divine Spear. However a chance is taken on the Mare, My Khaleesi, who showed a good attitude when narrowly winning at Fontwell last time out. She was a good second to a very progressive rival in a Mares Listed Novice race at Haydock over today's sort of trip prior to that and she had Bumper form on G/S ground so today's conditions shouldn't inconvenience. She needs to improve on this handicap debut but a mark of 122 doesn't look prohibitive and her top yard are in good form. Jockey bookings suggest she is the stable second string (to Ordo Ab Chao) but she receives weight from most of the field and she could exceed market expectations.

3.15 - Haydock:
Vintage Clouds. 1.5 pts win. Available at 15/2.
Cresswell Breeze. 1 pt e/w. Available at 14/1.

4.10 - Ascot - Spellbound. 1 pt e/w. Available at 12/1.

4.20 - Haydock - Captain Redbeard. 2 pts win. Available at 6/1.

[/FONT]

I must be missing something, but I can't fathom why shantou village is priced up as the outsider of 6 in the ascot Chase tommorrow. Only one firm have priced up a without CC market and have him at 13/2.

His two runs for his new trainer have been excellent and all of the others look need to bounce back from poor runs last time.

Some geuss others know!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back