What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cresswell Breeze ran a gutsy race today I thought; just snuffed out of fourth place, (sums up my season so far), but still a horse to follow. She's got three entries upcoming, including the Eider. If she could recover quick enough she'd be a live contender in any one of them.

Last edited:
Did well to keep pace for second after smashing through the last hurdles.
Too right, backed it myself at the course n shuddered at every hurdle he kicked. Good to see Zarkander get a win all the same, a great servant over the years

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
What do we think of Navan tomorrow? Mad to take on Sutton Place and Identity Thief. Renneti is probably the obvious one but can't be trusted. Balloisin maybe in the chase depending on the market moves.

Not sure that Broken Soul is a racing certainty today, becoming a bit of a broken record, the only horse that could possibly beat it is Miss Mardan, who had good solid hurdle form, would be nice if we could get 7/2-4/1 for an EW bet but doubt we will.
However a little win bet on betfair at about 7/2 and a bigger bet in the 2 place market at current 1.87 should ensure we don't lose on the race.
Or you could do the same in the F/C market on 356. Fav to win-Miss Mardan 2nd is nearly evens, other way round is over 3/1.
Just hope neither fall!

My bets [1pt win on each]

1.15 Ascot-Topofthegame @ 3-1 [Stan James]
2.05 Haydock-Aux Ptits Soins @ 2-1 [William Hill]
2.15 Wincanton-Daveron @ 6-1 [Paddy Power]
2.55 Lingfield-Qaffaal @ 5-1 [Ladbrokes]
4.10 Ascot-Desert Sensation @ 7-1 [Paddy Power]
4.40 Lingfield-Smiley Bagel @ 5-2 [Paddy Power]:)

Loss of 2.5pts...three 2nds

My bets [1pt win on each @ BOG]

1.50 Lingfield-Take To Heart @ 9-4 [Bet 365]
2.10 Wolverhampton-Frivolous Prince @ 9-4 [Paddy Power]
3.35 Carlisle-Thyne For Gold @ 9-2 [William Hill]
4.10 Carlisle-Beg To Differ @ 7-4 [Skybet]
4.35 Lingfield-Groundunderrepair @ 7-4 [William Hill]
4.55 Wolverhampton-Indian Affair @ 15-2 [Bet Bright]

Won't be everyones cup of tea an amateur riders race over 1m4fs at Wolver. Wish i'd looked at this race last night though.
Horse that caught my eye is Senor George a 10 yo trained by Simon Hodgson. Have to forget his last run at Southwell but his previous run over C/D ran a very decent 4th to Tred Softly, the 2nd My Rennaisance had won its previous race over C/D from 49 so was a respectable 2nd from 5lb higher, has won 2 more race since at Southwell now rated 66. Back in 6th a couple of lenghts behind Senor George was Smiley Bagel who has won both races since, inc beating todays fav! Senor George runs from his lowest ever mark of 50 today, but less than a year ago was btn just a hd over C/D by My Lord from a mark of 62! Has a decent Amateur booked to ride. Question marks over the current form of Walkers and Brotherton mounts but helps to make the market. Sweeping Rock shouldn't be a shorter price than the selection as was behind in 7th at Wolver, was over 20/1 last night and backed into about 15/2-8/1 with books now, still 9/1 with the machine.
I'm also throwing away a couple of quid on Breathless again, ran over 2m last time but travelled well for a long way and was knocked all over the place in its previous race at Newcastle but still has that good win at Sthwll last year to his name over 1m, todays trip may suit him better

1.50 Lingfield-Take To Heart @ 9-4 [Bet 365]
2.10 Wolverhampton-Frivolous Prince @ 9-4 [Paddy Power]:)
3.35 Carlisle-Thyne For Gold @ 9-2 [William Hill]
4.10 Carlisle-Beg To Differ @ 7-4 [Skybet]
4.35 Lingfield-Groundunderrepair @ 7-4 [William Hill]:)
4.55 Wolverhampton-Indian Affair @ 15-2 [Bet Bright]

Level...two 2nds

2.50 Taunton-Master Burbidge @ 5-2 [Bet 365]
3.10 Southwell-Custard The Dragon @ 3-1 [Bet Victor]
3.20 Taunton-Verdana Blue @ 5-4 [Bet 365]
3.30 Wetherby-Unzing @ 7-2 [Bet Victor]
4.20 Taunton-Top Tug @ 11-4 [William Hill]
4.40 Southwell-Sennockian Song @ 11-2 [Skybet]

A few hopeful EW selections at Southwell today.
3.10 Unnoticed-has chased up todays favourite on last 2 runs over C/D and has another 4lbs pull today, shouldn't be far away 9/1.
3.40 Dungannon-has just a neck to make up with Lady Nayef on last run where the old boy travelled well near the stand rail, just 8 runners today so should be nearer the action down the centre, about 5/1
4.10 Cadeaux Pearl-take away the fav and this race is wide open, this horse ran a cracking race over C/D 2 outings ago from the same mark drawn 2 when just touched off by Fortinbrass, is drawn out wider in 10 today which is a negative but must have a similar chance to the likes of Very first blade and Wimboldesly, 25/1
4.40 Go on Gal has an 8lbs pull with the favourite for 1 3/4lengths over C/D last time out, has 6 2nds from 13 runs so hopefully his luck will change today, 12/1

Saturday finished in profit when Captain Redbeard won at Haydock and Big River was placed at the same track. My Khaleesi finished just outside the frame at Ascot.

Today's Selections:

2.20 - Taunton - Viking Mistress. 1.5 pts e/w. Available at 9/1.
Viking Mistress is still a maiden after eleven starts. Six of those have come over hurdles and there was enough in her first two starts in handicap company to give her a chance here. Both of those efforts resulted in her finishing placed at Hereford and Market Rasen and the form of both races has been well upheld by the horses who finished in front of her. She wasn't as good on her step up to three miles last time out at Ludlow but the race may have come soon enough, being just seven days after her previous outing. She's been given plenty of time to get over that race and a three pound higher mark looks manageable. There's stamina on her Dam's side and connections obviously believe that her failure last time wasn't due to the trip. Andrew Tinkler returns to the saddle after Viking Mistress was ridden by an inexperienced Amateur at Ludlow.

2.50 - Taunton - Flow With Eve. 0.75 pts e/w. Available at 22/1.
At a big price it may be worth risking Flow With Eve in this moderate Handicap Hurdle. She has shown enough in two of her last three starts over hurdles to believe she can get competitive on this second start in handicap. Her initial run in a handicap last time out saw her finish a 20 length fourth of the sixteen runners over this C/D. She has only been dropped three pounds but those that finished in front of her are promising types and the winner has since strolled to two victories. Her fifth in a Novice race at Wincanton in December was also a fair effort and it will be surprising if she hasn't got the ability to pick up a race of this type at this level. The useful looking seven pound claimer who rode him here is again in the saddle.

3.50 - Taunton - Heroes Or Ghosts. 2 pts win. Available at 13/2. (Nb)

4.00 - Wetherby:
Milan Express. 3 pts win. Available at 4/1. (Nap)
Grays Choice. 0.75 pts e/w. Available at 18/1.

Last edited:
Another close 2nd ricko at a big price well done!
Placebacker gets his 1st one home as well, hope mine run as well!

I fancy Major Crispies (e/w) in the 7:15 at Kempton now dropping two furlongs, back to his right trip of 6 furlongs, with first time blinkers on. He's shown a good turn of foot once or twice but been inconsistent. Market support would certainly bode well for his chance. Apart from Steelriver I couldn't really see that much to fear, so the places are definitely up for grabs, and who knows.maybe the win too.

Sunshineandbubbles is my strongest fancy for the win in Lingfields 5:05.

Last edited:

2.50 Taunton-Master Burbidge @ 5-2 [Bet 365]:)@ 7-2
3.10 Southwell-Custard The Dragon @ 3-1 [Bet Victor]
3.20 Taunton-Verdana Blue @ 5-4 [Bet 365] :) @ 15-8
3.30 Wetherby-Unzing @ 7-2 [Bet Victor]
4.20 Taunton-Top Tug @ 11-4 [William Hill]
4.40 Southwell-Sennockian Song @ 11-2 [Skybet]

Profit of 1.38pts

2.35 Ludlow-Wade Harper @ 7-2 [Bet 365]
2.45 Doncaster-Soldier In Action @ 13-8 [Bet 365]

She'll be Alright looks like she could go in again today in the 3.30 Punchestown. 9/2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

<style type="text/css">p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 12.0px Helvetica; -webkit-text-stroke: #000000}p.p2 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 12.0px Helvetica; -webkit-text-stroke: #000000; min-height: 14.0px}span.s1 {font-kerning: none}span.s2 {text-decoration: underline ; font-kerning: none}</style>Some Kinda Lama (Doncaster 3.15) - He has had a wind operation since last run and if that does the trick he should have a massive chance today. The ground and trip are ideal so hopefully it has worked. 2 point win - 5/1 available

I'm in for the Lama as well. Also Saint Are (Doncaster 3.45) and I'm a Game Changer (Ludlow 4.10)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Form stuff has thrown up 2 others in the 3.15, so looks like i'll have to support 3. Could be an expensive race.

Flow With Eve and Viking Mistress returned place money when they both finished second at Taunton.Heroes And Villains was disappointing at the same track. Milan Express also found one too good at Wetherby but Grays Express ran poorly in the same race.

There are some strong looking favourites in races that we are interested in today but they have been well found in the early markets. Some of them look likely to be hard to beat but there are some bigger priced alternatives who could make the frame at least.

Today's Selections:

3.15 - Doncaster:
Bodega. 1 pt e/w. Available at 14/1.
Very First Time. 0.5 pts e/w. Available at 33/1.

3.45 - Doncaster - Court By Surprise. 1.5 pts win. Available at 7/1.

4.10 - Ludlow - Borak. 1 pt e/w. Available at 18/1.

5.20 - Ludlow - Farm The Rock. 1 pt e/w. Available at 20/1.

Last edited:
Whiteout has enough about her, that I've backed each-way (16/1) to knock one or other of AJ or Limini out of the places. Is reasonably closely weighted with the pair, on a line through VVM, and shouldn't be the price she is, imo.

Whiteout has enough about her, that I've backed each-way (16/1) to knock one or other of AJ or Limini out of the places. Is reasonably closely weighted with the pair, on a line through VVM, and shouldn't be the price she is, imo.
Evs in the '3 to be placed' market on the machine, if that floats your boat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back