What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great shout. Read it earlier and thought I would back that one but got caught up in something at work and forgot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My bets [1pt win on each @ BOG]

2.40 Catterick-Tomkevi @ 11-2 [Bet 365]
3.00 Plumpton-Alf N Dor @ 8-1 [Bet 365]
3.20 Wolverhampton-House Of Commons @ 11-2 [Skybet]
4.00 Plumpton-Wishicould @ 11-4 [Bet 365]
4.50 Wolverhampton-Swendab @ 9-2 [Bet 365]
5.20 Wolverhampton-Dream Ally @ 9-2 [Bet 365]

Loss of 6pts

2.20 Ayr-McGinty's Dream @ 11-8 [Skybet]
3.00 Fontwell-The Geegeez Geegee @ 3-1 [Bet 365]
3.20 Ayr-Bourne @ 9-2 [Bet 365]
3.40 Newcastle-Spinwheel @ 13-8 [Bet 365]
3.50 Ayr-Casual Cavalier @ 5-2 [Bet 365]
4.00 Fontwell-Leg Lock Luke @ 13-8 [Bet Victor]
4.20 Ayr-Un Noble @ 8-1 [William Hill]

Yesterday finished in profit when Raise A Spark won at Plumpton. Quill Art returned place money when he finished third in the same race.

Today's Selections:

2.00 - Fontwell:
Chivers. 2 pts win. Available at 9/2.
Miss Benefitz. 1.25 pts win. Available at 9/1.
A low grade Handicap Hurdle but it's competitive nonetheless. Preference is for Chivers and Miss Benefitz who both come here on the back of encouraging efforts. Chivers is still a maiden over hurdles after seven starts but he hasn't been with his current yard long after being acquired by current connections at the sales in October. He was pulled up on his debut for them but that was his first start for just over eleven months and he should the benefit of that run when finishing just over eleven lengths fourth at Wincanton. There was further progress when he went down by half a length when finishing third at Leicester last time out and he runs from just one pound higher this afternoon. He steps up three furlongs in trip but, as a horse who won over fourteen furlongs on the flat, it could not only suit but could see him improve further. He has proven himself in testing conditions but he does represent a yard who haven't had a winner of any sort for just over two years. Miss Benefitz is still a maiden after eight starts but she showed some ability in Ireland and on his only start for Richard Fahey. She returned to the fray for new connections and showed the benefit of her reappearance when finishing third at Leicester last time out. The way she stayed on there suggests this step up in trip will suit and she is certainly bred to appreciate it. In common with Chivers, she represents a yard who haven't had a winner for a long while, in this case June 2014. .

3.20 - Ayr - Another Mattie. 2.75 pts win. Available at 7/2. (Nb)
Only seven runners for this handicap but there isn't much between the top four in the market. Oscar's Prospect is open to the most improvement but slight preference is for Another Mattie who is beginning to look well weighted. He was a close second from an eight pound higher mark at Newcastle in heavy ground over three miles last March and there were signs at the same track over an extended 20 furlongs last time out that he was running back into form. That was by far his most encouraging effort in three starts since that second and he will be very competitive if he can build on that. Three miles in testing ground is no problem to him and he has the assistance of a good seven pound claimer.

4.10 - Newcastle - Suzi's Connoisseur. 2 pts win. Available at 11/2. (Nap)

5.10 - Newcastle - Spiraea. 1 pt e/w. Available at 12/1.

Last edited:
There's a potential pace angle in Towcesters 2:40. The forecast going is soft/heavy, lets hope the meeting goes ahead. The three miles will take some getting, especially if your intending to be on-the-pace or making all. Literally every runner races prominently, so they might cut each others throats, or you might want to be with the only hold-up horse in the race, Queens Present. She's unexposed and in decent form. I can see her picking up the pieces from off the pace.

Towcester 2:40 Queens Present - win

Wolverhampton (Non Runner)

Last edited:

2.20 Ayr-McGinty's Dream @ 11-8 [Skybet]
3.00 Fontwell-The Geegeez Geegee @ 3-1 [Bet 365]:)
3.20 Ayr-Bourne @ 9-2 [Bet 365]
3.40 Newcastle-Spinwheel @ 13-8 [Bet 365]:)
3.50 Ayr-Casual Cavalier @ 5-2 [Bet 365]
4.00 Fontwell-Leg Lock Luke @ 13-8 [Bet Victor]
4.20 Ayr-Un Noble @ 8-1 [William Hill]

Loss of 0.38pt

2.20 Newcastle-Thisonetime @ 6-4 [William Hill]
2.30 Wolverhampton-Frank The Barber @ 9-1 [Bet 365]
3.20 Newcastle-Verona Opera @ 7-2 [Race Bets]
3.30 Wolverhampton-Andastra @ 4-1 [Bet 365]
3.50 Newcastle-Toola Boola @ 7-1 [Bet 365]
4.00 Wolverhampton-Malaysian Boleh @ 2-1 [Bet 365]
4.20 Newcastle-Pistol Park @ 13-8 [Bet 365]
4.50 Newcastle-Al Shahir @ 6-4 [Bet 365]
5.00 Wolverhampton-Sea Dweller @ 15-8 [Skybet]

2.40 Towcester What a Diva
An improver who won over C&D last time out with trainer & jockey on form

4.10 - Newcastle - Suzi's Connoisseur. 2 pts win. Available at 11/2. (Nap)

5.10 - Newcastle - Spiraea. 1 pt e/w. Available at 12/1.

Yes well done on Suzi's, Ricko. My first love was a girl named Suzi, so I've always a soft spot for this horse. :)

And Spiraea ran a belter at big odds, just touched off. Look forward to (hopefully) seeing todays selections.

One of mine, Our Channel, is a non runner, so my main one is Queens Present today.

Last edited:
Yes well done on Suzi's, Ricko. My first love was a girl named Suzi, so I've always a soft spot for this horse. :)

And Spiraea ran a belter at big odds, just touched off. Look forward to (hopefully) seeing todays selections.

One of mine, Our Channel, is a non runner, so my main one is Queens Present today.

Thanks mate. Can't believe they sent Suzi off at 9/1...i thought 11/2 was cracking value. Spiraea went off at 22/1 as well, would have been a great day.

Good luck with yours today. Looks to have a great chance.

<style type="text/css">p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 12.0px Arial; -webkit-text-stroke: #000000}p.p2 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 12.0px Arial; -webkit-text-stroke: #000000; min-height: 14.0px}span.s1 {font-kerning: none}span.s2 {text-decoration: underline ; font-kerning: none}</style>Yesterday finished in profit when Suzi's Connoisseur won at Newcastle and Spiraea was narrowly beaten at the same track.

I have to agree with Marble today, Queen's Present looks to have a great chance, but What a Diva is the Nap in the same race.

Today's Selections:

2.40 - Towcester:
What A Diva. 2.5 pts win. Available at 4/1. (Nap)
Queens Present. 1 pt win. Available at 10/1.

2.50 - Newcastle - Hattons Hill. 0.75 pts e/w. Available at 16/1.

3.50 - Newcastle - Captain Sharpe. 1.5 pts e/w. Available at 9/1.

4.30 - Wolverhampton - Castilo Del Diablo. 1 pt e/w. Available at 11/1. (Nb)

Last edited:
Aye, seems like we both have Ricko's backing for What A Diva and Queens Present. :)

There's also a horse later today worth a mention in the sprint at Kempton, the 6:20. She's called Penny Dreadful, and there is strong market support for her. She's capable on her day....I could see her running a big race, especially with the weakness behind the two market leaders right now.

Last edited:
Disappointing indeed. I was expecting mine to sit off the pace and finish well. Which just didn't happen (ground?). She looked keen under Tom Cannon as well.

Sorry to anyone who bought my logic on how the race would unfold.

I'm hoping to see my strongest tracker out on Friday or Saturday, Cresswell Breeze.

She will not dog it!

Last edited:
2nd

Winner got first run on him, that was the difference

Think he is worth step up in trip to 1m 5f or 1m 6f

Silver Quay has been upped in trip tomorrow night[7.00 Chelmsford]....to 2 miles!

Think it could work out, taken the early 100-30 is now 5-2

Jonjo at one time thought he had a top class contender in Mad Jack Mytton and even entered him for the Champion Hurdle

He was laid out for a race at Sandown last season but let the team down so there's a risk involved backing him.

He looked like a winner in waiting when running O O Seven to 1/2 length a horse Nico reckons has a massive future ahead of him.

Last time out at Taunton he was very novice like early doors and up against a good PN horse Aidan Coleman probably under the order win if you can but don't push him

He got him round safely but never at any point tried to put him into the race and but for a faller at the last may well have finished only 3rd.

Mercian Prince was said to be still going well when he fell in Royal Vacations's race but looking at it closely he was bustled up to go upsides the leader before 4 out lost a few length was bustled up again going to the 3rd last and jumped like a tiring horse and crashed straight through the fence. I doubt if he would have been involved in the finish.

I'm happy enough to take him on with Mad Jack Mytton 3/1 today

2.20 Newcastle-Thisonetime @ 6-4 [William Hill]
2.30 Wolverhampton-Frank The Barber @ 9-1 [Bet 365]
3.20 Newcastle-Verona Opera @ 7-2 [Race Bets] non runner
3.30 Wolverhampton-Andastra @ 4-1 [Bet 365]
3.50 Newcastle-Toola Boola @ 7-1 [Bet 365]
4.00 Wolverhampton-Malaysian Boleh @ 2-1 [Bet 365]
4.20 Newcastle-Pistol Park @ 13-8 [Bet 365]:)
4.50 Newcastle-Al Shahir @ 6-4 [Bet 365]:)
5.00 Wolverhampton-Sea Dweller @ 15-8 [Skybet]

Loss of 2.88pts [R4]....three 2nds

1.25 Kelso-Reivers Lad @ 6-5 [William Hill]
1.55 Kelso-Takingrisks @ 6-4 [Bet Victor]
2.35 Leicester-Storming Strumpet @ 5-2 [Coral]
3.35 Kelso-Maxie T @ 7-2 [Bet 365]

Mercian Prince was said to be still going well when he fell in Royal Vacations's race but looking at it closely he was bustled up to go upsides the leader before 4 out lost a few length was bustled up again going to the 3rd last and jumped like a tiring horse and crashed straight through the fence. I doubt if he would have been involved in the finish.

I'm happy enough to take him on with Mad Jack Mytton 3/1 today

I'd agree Mercian Prince was being pushed along to keep in contention on trials day and happy to oppose him today but Crosspark is the one I'm siding with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back