What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thunder Snow is interesting in the Marois today. He had an easy lead in the Jean Prat and the same could happen here with yet another small field - and the soft ground is more in his favour than the two market leaders, even though the master trainer thinks Al Wukair will appreciate this kind of surface.

Naval Warfare is out in the big handicap at Sandown. Its a competitive race and I'm not sure if he'll be 100 percent ready for it, but he beat Golden Apollo last season, so probably ahead of the handicapper. I'm not backing it myself today, but worth watching. Could be quite special, or might need more racing experience before we see Naval Warfare to best affect.

Won well yesterday at 5-1. Still races to be won with him.

Last edited:
Chance taken on Sam Missile tomorrow at Nottingham in the 4:10. Good 6th in Northumberland Plate and due a win on turf.

My bets [1pt win on each @ BOG]

4.05 Newbury-Reverend Jacobs @ 7-2 [Skybet]
4.25 Ripon-Livella Fella @ 8-1 [Paddy Power]
4.45 Doncaster-Barwell @ 3-1 [Paddy Power]
4.50 Perth-Urtheoneiwant @ 5-2 [William Hill]
5.00 Ripon-Two For Two @ 7-1 [Boylesports]
5.05 Newmarket-Stone The Crows @ 11-4 [Skybet]

Fighting Temeraire at Newbury in 3:00. Think it has a big chance.

Last edited:
I want to take on Frontiersman in the Geoffrey Freer as there's little in his form or his breeding to suggest he'll be adept on a softer surface.
Defoe is clearly on the up, but a daft price on his first run in Group company, so I'll settle for the 7/1 To Eternity; ostensibly flattered by her last run, though I believe it was more a product of making all, and she would've won comfortably, regardless
With liitle else in the race, a f/c, with the fav to beat her, should ensure a profit, anyway.

Last edited:
Spain Burg is a good price in the listed race at Ponty at 7s. I've had a bit on at that price and also backed her each way at 6s for 4 places. 14 horses line-up of which 5 are 40/1 plus and we have a shorty fav to boot - puurfect bad each way race. She has the pace for this and ran ok on her return (soft ground not ideal that day. She has the best back form in the race.

Ernststavroblofeld at Kempton, tomorrow could be his day.

Last edited:
I think it will be raining tomorrow in York so we might get a few big price winners and me small stakes ew darts would include

1.55 gracious john 50-1 and afandem 50-1
2.25 jazeel 40-1
3.35 my dream boat 50-1

I've done a Ryan Moore Yankee (fleet review, Venice beach, cliffs of moher and platitude) and a crazy but might just happen across the card Heinz ( thesme, lanksy cracksman cliffs of moher magic circle and green fortune).

Looking forward to it :)

Rather than start a new thread I will respectfully fly tip on this one...

Off to Chester tomorrow for a (shudder) family 'day out' with the outlaws and assorted connections and will almost certainly carry the heady responsibility, as the only one across the bloodline to 'follow the horses', of generating enough funds to cover the cost of the small reservoir of Prosecco the mother-in-law will have necked by sundown.

The fact that I am a mono-code man and what I know about the flat could comfortably be written on the back of a garage till receipt with ample room left for the text of the Gettysburg address will cut no mustard and butter no parsnips.

If any of you flatties could get the head down and chuck a bit of love into the metaphorical cap and spare a shameless old blagger an afternoon of ritual humiliation at the hands of his nearest and dearest I would be grateful.

'We' can do this.

Last edited:

4.05 Newbury-Reverend Jacobs @ 7-2 [Skybet]
4.25 Ripon-Livella Fella @ 8-1 [Paddy Power]
4.45 Doncaster-Barwell @ 3-1 [Paddy Power]
4.50 Perth-Urtheoneiwant @ 5-2 [William Hill]
5.00 Ripon-Two For Two @ 7-1 [Boylesports]
5.05 Newmarket-Stone The Crows @ 11-4 [Skybet]

Loss of 6pts

2.30 Chester-Ballesteros @ 7-1 [William Hill]
2.40 Newmarket-Maksab @ 6-1 [Skybet]
3.50 Newmarket-Hochfeld @ 9-2 [Skybet]
3.55 Goodwood-Count Octave @ 11-4 [Paddy Power]
5.10 Cartmel-Itshard To No @ 6-1 [William Hill]
5.20 Chester-Alexander M @ 5-2 [Bet Victor]

My punting abstinence has lasted the grand total of 5 days. Two horses being punted today in the betting markets that I want an interest in.

Thirsk 1:50 Golden Guide.
Sandown 2:45 History Writer.

An each way double seems the way to go.

Last edited:
Had a flutter on me coffee break myself

2.45 beachwalk 8-1
3.55 madeline bond 7-1
4.40 favourite treat 12-1
4.50 ritasun 7-1

Lucky 15

My each way double just touched off with History Writer running a belter at 20/1.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back