What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Throwing a couple shekels on Zephyros e/w in Chepstows 2:40 tomorrow. This has a sound record going left handed, ( 63212345323)), and has won at 7f before abroad. I'm just hoping Sean Levey will try to make use of the fact Zephyros stays further, by putting this horse up with the pace, or try and do it from the front. He is exposed over 10 furlongs now, but a change in tactics and drop to seven furlong might work.

Last edited:
Throwing a couple shekels on Zephyros e/w in Chepstows 2:40 tomorrow. This has a sound record going left handed, ( 63212345323)), and has won at 7f before abroad. I'm just hoping Sean Levey will try to make use of the fact Zephyros stays further, by putting this horse up with the pace, or try and do it from the front. He is exposed over 10 furlongs now, but a change in tactics and drop to seven furlong might work.

Quite like the look of Zephyros myself Marble. Decent price and worth a punt. Levey, for me, is one of the few jocks i trust to give a horse its best chance. The negative is the trainer, dont rate him. Small stakes ew. Good luck

Good to have a bit of moral support, cheers Tincan. The odds are stacked against us (literally!) though, as he's one of the rank outsiders of the field.

Two more solid win chances are Ehtiraas (3:40) and Sparte Quercus (4:40) at around 3/1 each. I reckon these two can definitely win their races. The betting market agrees.

I've done a patent on the lot. I need the two shorty's I've mentioned to win to ensure a profit on this bet. They're the bankers.

If Zephyros could land a blow, this would obviously be a huge bonus, but highly unlikely, according to the odds, (diplomatic speak).

Good luck to you too.

Last edited:

Soft ground form abroad as well, so pleased to see some cut in the ground, (ground good-soft, currently).

Last edited:
I reckon he can finish in the first three or four (hopefully), so I won't look a complete tit, if he can maybe grab a place, but we'll see. I wouldn't rule anything out today...

Last edited:
Stayed on at the death my one didn't he, not sure why Sean Levey didn't scrub him up earlier in the race given he stays further, but there you go. Maybe he was riding to instructions. He needed restraining after the line. He's one for next time out I reckon.

Last edited:
Wrong outsider; and I was following Timmy Murphy blind a while back. Typical [yet again]!

He's gone in my tracker, Moe. I think he needed the run as he got faster as the race went on!
Beaten four lengths, and staying on, after being held up, (Racing Post comments in running, not mine).

There could be a flat race in the horse, if he runs again this season. Its possible his trainer, being a jumps man, may keep him for a handicap hurdle.

We'll see.

Last edited:
Ian Williams is a very good trainer. I remember Bulwark from the The Racing Forum singing his praises years ago. He was a shrewd judge of a trainer.

Speedo Boy can speed to victory in the 3:55 at Ascot on Saturday.

He's ran abroad earlier in the year but his second to Permian is what catches the eye.

Contrary to what The Racing Post have said in their spotlight, I think he's on a nice rating if you look at the 4 lengths he was beaten to the highly rated Permian..

14/1 is good each way value at present.

Last edited:
I've largely been ignoring my tracker horses lately as they were being tracked experimentally on the basis of seemingly very fast times.

However, there's one today I've felt compelled to back: Ascot 5.00 Afaak

I should stress that I haven't 'done' the race, haven't checked the going etc and have no idea whether it might even be trying. However, it was third on the grossly disadvantaged side in the Britannia and I reckon that particular form can be upgraded a fair bit. I reckon if it is fit and trying and copes with the prevailing conditions, all of which I am presuming, it will just about win, in which case the 4/1 (without the guarantees, 7/2 with them) might be okay. If it isn't trying or is being prepared for a bigger target, 20/1 wouldn't be value.

Such is punting life...

I've largely been ignoring my tracker horses lately as they were being tracked experimentally on the basis of seemingly very fast times.

However, there's one today I've felt compelled to back: Ascot 5.00 Afaak

I should stress that I haven't 'done' the race, haven't checked the going etc and have no idea whether it might even be trying. However, it was third on the grossly disadvantaged side in the Britannia and I reckon that particular form can be upgraded a fair bit. I reckon if it is fit and trying and copes with the prevailing conditions, all of which I am presuming, it will just about win, in which case the 4/1 (without the guarantees, 7/2 with them) might be okay. If it isn't trying or is being prepared for a bigger target, 20/1 wouldn't be value.

Such is punting life...

Managed to beat the SP... :(

Probably my busiest punting weekend of the year:
As well as Cliffs of Mother and Qemah in Ireland I have The Tin Man at 8s AP in the Sprint Cup, Remarkable at Ascot (backed once I was certain Dettori was elsewhere today) and both Dee ExBee and Benbatl at Haydock.

Sent from my MediaPad M1 8.0 using Tapatalk

(backed once I was certain Dettori was elsewhere today)

Sent from my MediaPad M1 8.0 using Tapatalk

:) Speedo Boy my main fancy today. Like Euro have also got Dee Ex Bee, but Learn By Heart looks a big danger. Good luck

Last edited:
Well done on Remarkable, Euro. Raising Sand ran a nice race back in fourth I thought, given he was slow out the stalls. He's in the tracker now.

Last edited:
Followed you in there. Hopefully Dickie can get this horse to behave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another ****ing second

Story of my day including with Winter just ****ing touched off there by a stablemate she's beaten pointless several times

16:45 Newton Abbot - Pengo's Boy

(A truly desperate hurdle, but had a bit on selection at 5/1 with Laddies. Seems to have as good a chance as any and should be suited by conditions).

15.35 Perth

Theo should be able to cope with a 14lb rise after hacking up last time out with any amount in hand. Was expecting to see no bigger than 6/4 so Skybet's 2/1 welcome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back