What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just off to Nottingham soon, marb, and was going to ask for some tips [I'm a bit out of touch, racing wise at the moment]. A place that I can never get a winner at, is Nottingham, but it's a nice track to visit.

Well he got two home, Moe, hope you were on them.

Last edited:
Same jockey PJ McDonald has some bloody good rides at Catterick tomorrow. Some people will say I'm bonkers for doing it, but I'll do another yankee on his tomorrow. I remember Oisin Murphy had a good few consecutive winners once and I was onto it back then! Who knows. Come on PJ then eh.

Last edited:
Got 4 winners and a third [although did have a couple of bets in each race]. Only got one of the McDonald winners, though. I realised just before the race that I should have backed Al Nafoorah[ I'd backed Natajack]. Backed Dark Power because I like 'Dark Angels'. No idea why I backed Champagne Rules [I had to put the bets on quickly just before I went out] but glad that I did. Find it a bit pricey there considering the racing is often pretty mediocre but it is a nice track. And I met Anna Soubry and had a good chat about all things political. Was a good night.

Same jockey PJ McDonald has some bloody good rides at Catterick tomorrow. Some people will say I'm bonkers for doing it, but I'll do another yankee on his tomorrow. I remember Oisin Murphy had a good few consecutive winners once and I was onto it back then! Who knows. Come on PJ then eh.
Bad start, two losers but four left. I hope the project picks up soon.

Stats say he's better riding 4 year old + horses marb. I was looking to back Dane O'Neill's rides today but, darn it I've just missed a winning ride at Bath [my computers slow, as usual, and I got fed up looking]. So I've backed his ride in the last race Mr Musicman who is the complete outsider. The new racing post site doesn't seem to let me look up course stats but I've realised I can google it separately.

He's on the board, 3rd time lucky, Moe.

More please now! :)

Last edited:
Not good though Moe, 1 winner, 1 left!

Keeping quiet until Twin Appeal runs Saturday at York or Newcastle.

Last edited:
Not a race to get too excited about, but Kroy does look like a good favourite in the 17:00 at Catterick?

Last edited:
14:40 Yarmouth - Zamadance e/w

(Speculative, have to admit, but form not that bad and first-time blinkers might just bring an improvement. Probably needs to settle-down a bit in running? Very good jockey booked. Will try to get 9/1, otherwise will have to settle for the 8/1 generally on offer atm, e/w seems the best way to go).

Last edited:
Having a go on Gay Kelleways in the first at Sandown but when you see first timers like the one at Yarmouth winning at 60 on the machine you cant be confident in any 2 yo........mugs game was never more relevant

Having a go on Gay Kelleways in the first at Sandown but when you see first timers like the one at Yarmouth winning at 60 on the machine you cant be confident in any 2 yo........mugs game was never more relevant

Tanlic: Tried to send you a PM but your inbox is choc-a-bloc full! Will try again tomorrow sometime.

Two interests for Saturday.

York 2:05

As mentioned on the anti-post thread, Twin Appeal ran a good 6th of 18 in a race won by Viscount Barfield, with the Bunbury Cup winner Above The Rest in second. Those two have leading chances at Ascot in the handicap later on Saturday. The form of that race looks good. He seems to be a genuine type. 12/1 is a fair price.

2:40 Move In Time is getting on age-wise, but was a class sprinter on his day, who has a nice racing weight to carry, having been dropped somewhat in the weights. He ran well enough last time out when fifth.

Good luck. :)

Last edited:
Naval Warfare is out in the big handicap at Sandown. Its a competitive race and I'm not sure if he'll be 100 percent ready for it, but he beat Golden Apollo last season, so probably ahead of the handicapper. I'm not backing it myself today, but worth watching. Could be quite special, or might need more racing experience before we see Naval Warfare to best affect.
Naval Warfare out in Ascots 2:25. Golden Apollo also out in Newmarket's 4:00. Thank goodness for gg alert.

Last edited:
My bets [1pt win on each @ BOG]

2.05 Newmarket-Bambino Lola @ 11-4 [Skybet]
3.15 Newmarket-Cool Bahamian @ 7-1 [Skybet]
4.15 Cartmel-Brother Scott @ 11-4 [Skybet] :) @ 9-2
4.45 Newbury-Pavillon @ 15-2 [Betfair Sports]
5.15 Ripon-Roar @ 3-1 [Paddy Power]

Profit of 0.5pt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back