What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Talking to a guy I know who works in a coral shop he's had a few people walking in putting £200-500 win bets on Elysian Flyer in the 5.50 at pontefract, was 20-1 earlier now around 7's, but someone obviously fancies it. Not sure why, wouldn't be my first choice in the race!

My bets [1pt win on each @ BOG]

3.55 Market Rasen-Cloonacool @ 6-1 [Paddy Power]
4.55 Ripon-Penny Pot Lane @ 3-1 [Bet Victor]
5.05 Market Rasen-Captain Felix @ 9-1 [Ladbrokes]

I've been following Clemmie and Threading all year but the shape of the market in the cheveley park surely makes different league a tremendous e/w bet at best price 11/2. Beat Clemmie comfortably at Ascot (Although the latter has definitely improved despite some of her form being let down a little) and only lost her unbeaten record to the colts in a group 1. Am i missing something? I want to back Threading as my heart says she's the best filly in the race but the prices make me think different league is the bet with the head.

She is. Backed her ew at 7s last night. Her price can only be a connections thing.

Also backed Sands of Mali in the Middle Park once he went over 5.5 on the machine. He'll trade much shorter IR and I have lays in at 4, 3 and 2.5

Small bet on Shanghai Glory at Haydock. No fancy prices like I had for Ayr and the ground makes it a bit of a lottery but I can't let him go unbacked.

Yeah. Unless Freddie's filly is Frankel like tomorrow Clemmie will keep Polydream's price nice throughout the winter.

Thoughts on the middle park? Morny form line looks pretty good and i'd be happy takin on the irish horses on the basis of the ground and Fahey's colt on form. Unfortunately looks a bet to me.

interesting, they were the two of the front four i discounted... Not a race to have a big bet in but I've backed unfortunately with a little saver on sioux nation.

A strange race. Beckford seemed to fall out of the stalls and was being pushed along early on before staying on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3.25 Tipperary
Ex Patriot can take this getting the 4yo allowance. 5/1 taken

Opera is a very open race but i'm going to back Rhododendron in the hope that O'Brien has nursed her back to her best and she's never had chance to show what she can do over 10f which I think will be her best trip.

Opera is a very open race but i'm going to back Rhododendron in the hope that O'Brien has nursed her back to her best and she's never had chance to show what she can do over 10f which I think will be her best trip.

Todays turning out well. That Oaks form....

The front 4 in this are the best horses and as a result crowley or pasquier will want to control from the front but not go too hard and set it up for Marsha.

I like the french horse though so signs of blessing will carry my money.

For 99% of the race Noel Fehily never as much as shook the reigns at EYECATCHER Green Or Black when finished a decent 3rd on her first attempt over hurdles/

He could have finished 2nd despite giving the first 2 home a 20 length but he decided to give her a nice easy intro instead of knocking 10 bells out of her.

He did give her 1 smack after the last and she instantly quickened but the race was over.

Had her trial, gloves no doubt will be off today and she looks like one to get stuck into 13/8 to 11/8 so wont be a great price

Fontwell 3.55
Can't resist having a go on Workbench here. Showed his wellbeing with a narrow win over hurdles last time at this course and won here last year off 6lb higher than today

Last edited:
Qemah in the Sun Chariot. I have to take Persuasive on, she seems an excuse horse to me and is too short. Qemah was poor in the Matron but didn't run well in the race the previous year so I can give her pass on track grounds (slow pace also didn't suit). There is pace in this and if you go back to the Rothschild where she faced a lot of these she comes out the best horse in the race, had a terrible ride. Usherette scares me as a Fabre with good form on the Rowley Mile but she doesn't seem in the same form this year and her run in the Rothschild lacks a reason. Aljazzi is also respected and I have her in an each way double (4places) with Flaming Spear in the big handicap.

First jumps bet of the season is Diable De Sivola at Fontwell. Lizzie chose wrong when she picked this horse in the Fred Winter over the winner but he ran an eye catching race from the back, meeting plenty of trouble in running and off the same mark is deffo well handicapped. The step up in trip will suit here and I managed to get 5 on the machine over night. I resisted the obvious temptation to put the two Williams horses in a double - FT might be up against it at Ascot :ninja:

Couple of interesting jockey bookings today;
Andrea Atzeni misses a number of promising chances today to travel to Chantilly for the ride on Cape Byron (1.35).
Wm Buick has been out for a while through injury, but returns today for the solitary ride on Blue Point (3.00).

In the Sun Chariot I don't like the head of the market in such a deep race. I've plumped for the 3rd French contender Siyoushake. Ran a fine race over 10 furlongs in a grp.1, a distance I think stretches her, but 8 furlongs on this track is just right.

While she hasn't gotten her head in front in graded races the total of her form stacks up well here and can only be a matter of time before she strikes. At 12/1 I'm hoping today is the day and a juicy e/w bet is the consequence of that thinking.
Just hope there does not end up being a rail bias today.

I'm with Euro and Brendan in the Fillies think Siyoushake and Qemah are the best bets. I think looking at the Rothschild which was pretty quick anyway I think they might try and pour it on a bit more with Siyoushake seeing how she ran over 10f. That leads me to think the pace is going to be very hot which should also suit Qemah and not that I expect her to settle but settle better hopefully.

Last edited:
Disappointing and unsatisfactory with the rail bias rearing its ugly head once again in these autumn races

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back