What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
3.45 Windsor Zilza generally around 6/1 but 7's available with Paddys. Scored a good figure at Wolverhampton last time over 7f caught late on. Drops back to 6 again here and hoping she can give the favourite something to think about.

Last edited:
3.15 Exeter
Trans Express posted some decent form in his first two runs last season including a C&D win in a better race off 1lb more than he runs off today. His form tailed off alarmingly after that (hence the handicap slide) but I’m prepared to take a chance at 16s that he’s best fresh.
Several unexposed ones in here though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Well done Viking.

What an absolute farce at Worcester today. Jockeys saying it's the quickest ground they've ever raced on.

Unfortunately I can't quite squeeze this one into the long shot thread as its just under at 18/1, but Phangio is a cracking ew bet in the last race at Chepstow. His recent form wouldn't make him an obvious pick, but there's much to recommend him at the price. He's ground dependant and today's good ground will suit. His profile is also worth considering, and it looks to me as though he's about to run well. His course form is excellent, and when you take the Sheppard father and son records at Chepstow particularly in combination you don't worry about the lack of stable form over the summer. They seem to target their well handicapped horses at Chepstow. I also rate Stan Sheppard as one of the most under rated conditionals around. I reckon Phangio has been targeted at this race before being put away, and everything else there is simply having its next run. Don't expect any money from the stable today as they're not a gambling stable, but I suspect he'll go off a lot shorter, probably around the 10/1 mark or a shade less.

Last edited:
3.05 Chepstow
Finian’s Oscar has been priced up as a sure thing and he may well be of course but Alcala has a better chance than the prices suggest having been available at 4/1 last night and I felt he was worth a dabble at that price. He’s 11/4 best now which is probably about right
4.45 Chepstow
Minellacelebration looked overpriced at 20/1 as he looked all over the winner last time and would be much shorter if he hadn’t been unluckily brought down. It’s a better race today so he’ll need to improve but that’s certainly possible

Hadn't clocked that Different Gravey is no longer with Nicky. Can only assume that something serious had affected the horse as he's 33/1 tomorrow in receipt of 11 lbs from the admirable Village Vic.

Last edited:
Hadn't clocked that Different Gravey is no longer with Nicky. Can only assume that something serious had affected the horse as he's 33/1 tomorrow in receipt of 11 lbs from the admirable Village Vic.

His record first time up means he’s of some interest at that price but clearly comes with risks

Different Gravey is 14/1 best now so others must think a change of scene may have freshened him up

Thanks for alerting me to the 33/1. I doubt I’d be interested at 14s

Just 3/4l separated Bravery and Home Cummins (1.55) when they filled the places behind Zabeel in a hot York h/c latest, and the latter's a 1lb better in today, but Bravery travelled much the better throughout and should have too much speed for his rival in this smaller field.
A rfc the 2 might be in order today, though.

I've no time to post anything in the next day or two, so I'll take this opportunity to tip a horse, who if declared, could run on Wednesday in the 2:40 at Fakenham. The horse is called Baby Jake, trained by Joseph Hanlon.

Baby Jake hasn't had many attempts at fences. As a 8 year old, his chase career is a work-in-progress. However, the form of his last chase start looks excellent for class three level. Horses have come out and won.

The winner was Olivers Hill this day, who franked the form at Kempton. The fifth horse was Orbasa, trained by Paul Nicholls, who hacked up next time.

Baby Jake was fourth. He's actually been lowered a couple of pound in the handicap to 121, which seems generous, as the form looks very solid.

I'll be having a few kopeks on Baby Jake at the likely odds, which might be decent.

A good National Hunt winner is just the tonic I need after a weird flat season! :)

Last edited:
14/1. Nine runners and three each way places. Fingers crossed.

Last edited:
Good luck Marble but I’ll be backing Ashoka who was 3rd in the Fontwell race having been close up until the winner stayed on much better from 3 out. He promises to be much better suited by today’s shorter trip and has plenty of scope for improvement as a 5yo.
6/1 a bit skinny though

Good luck
Same to you man. Whatever the outcome, I can't regret much, as Baby Jake is the one at the prices for me. You can only do an anaylisis then hope for the best. .not many certainties in life are there!

Last edited:
Just done my bets for the day to keep me entertained and I'm also on Ashoka.

Good luck though Marble, be a good find.

Yes unlucky there. Ashoka never went a yard. Clouting the first didn’t help

Last edited:
Yep.....Baby Jake just found one too good on the day, Deauville Dancer is obviously in excellent form at the moment. They've pulled 20 lengths clear of the rest.

Last edited:
The winner was Olivers Hill this day, who franked the form at Kempton.
Olivers Hill is out tomorrow in the 2:45 at Stratford. I fear the odds might be prohibitive, so a reverse forecast with Starchitect looks the bet. I think these two should fight out the finish.

Last edited:
Donald Mccains C&D winner Askamore Darsi looks to have a good chance in Sedgefields 2:35. He's shortening quite quickly from an opening the show of 7'/1, so worth backing him now if you fancy him . :) He could go off half that price, the way things are going.

Last edited:
Just a little treble for me tomorrow.

Askamore Darci - 2.35 Sedgefield 6/1
The Geegeez GeeGee- 2.45 Stratford - 6/1
Balltoptic- 3.50 Sedgefield - 8/13

55/1. Probably invest heavier but looking forward to the weekend a bit too much. This will pay for weekend if it comes in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back