What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marble,
regarding your one today,

Musselburgh 15.35 Night Of Glory Night Of Glory should have every chance. They've had plenty of rain up there which will suit but he's got a poor draw and that is a worry. He's going to need a bit of luck in running, if he can get a good position in the first half mile of the race I would have thought he will run very well, but if he's tracked out wide or too far out of his ground he will struggle. A. Balding

and Dewise, your one

14.05 Creep Desbois Creep Desbois is in great order and should run well. I'm just hoping the ground isn't any softer than advertised as this wouldn't help his chances. We want the rain to stay away as he wouldn't want it turning into a bog. B.Palling

Marble,
regarding your one today,

Musselburgh 15.35 Night Of Glory Night Of Glory should have every chance. They've had plenty of rain up there which will suit but he's got a poor draw and that is a worry. He's going to need a bit of luck in running, if he can get a good position in the first half mile of the race I would have thought he will run very well, but if he's tracked out wide or too far out of his ground he will struggle. A. Balding

and Dewise, your one

14.05 Creep Desbois Creep Desbois is in great order and should run well. I'm just hoping the ground isn't any softer than advertised as this wouldn't help his chances. We want the rain to stay away as he wouldn't want it turning into a bog. B.Palling

Cheers Lucky yeah I just read that quote a few minutes when placing my bet at my local shop. See how it goes eh!:)

3.15 Haydock
Delusionofgrandeur didn’t stay the 4m last time out but his form over this sort of trip reads well. Has the class to carry top weight here and 8/1 looks decent value imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Something about bank holiday racing that doesn't agree with the way my horses run so one only for me today

Muss 2.25 Kyllang Rock

I have found a good each way horse in the lucky last at Chelmsford tonight, just hoping Night Of Glory and Jacobs Pillow boost my bank in the bloody meantime.

Last edited:
Depressing results. Don't think I will bet at Mussleburgh again on that going. Nothing getting involved and the winners could be spotted two furlongs out. Fwiw I liked Dream Ally in the last at Chelmsford, he's 6/40 on the all weather, a CD winner, back on a winning mark too inho. The 14's is going. I hope he rounds off an annoying day.

Last edited:
Pocket talk but the jocks in the Queens Cup should ask themselves a few questions after letting Brandon Castle get 12 lengths clear. I backed the jolly e/w so get my money back but he should have won that. Ironic that a braveheart horse is beaten by a wire to wire winner in that fashion

Pocket talk but the jocks in the Queens Cup should ask themselves a few questions after letting Brandon Castle get 12 lengths clear. I backed the jolly e/w so get my money back but he should have won that. Ironic that a braveheart horse is beaten by a wire to wire winner in that fashion

You mean as in Musselburgh 15.35 Night Of Glory Night Of Glory should have every chance. They've had plenty of rain up there which will suit but he's got a poor draw and that is a worry. He's going to need a bit of luck in running, if he can get a good position in the first half mile of the race I would have thought he will run very well, but if he's tracked out wide or too far out of his ground he will struggle. A. Balding

Night of Glory Held up, driven along over 4f out, soon beaten, tailed off:blink::confused:

Have backed Novabridge in Southwells 1:50. Just think its on a nice mark now.

Drifter in the market but I've had a bit on Moltoir in the next at Southwell (3.55).

CHELMSFORD 7.10 RAY'S THE MONEY 16/1 e/way & stake saver 3 places on the machine. - not a lot difference in form over C/D at Kempton with the 2nd fav imo. Has fitness advantage over fav and trainer knows how to place his horses on the all weather with 6 wins from 13 runs plus 3 places and 4 out of 5 horses winning in last 5 years.

Last edited:
CHELMSFORD 7.10 RAY'S THE MONEY 16/1 e/way & stake saver 3 places on the machine. - not a lot difference in form over C/D at Kempton with the 2nd fav imo. Has fitness advantage over fav and trainer knows how to place his horses on the all weather with 6 wins from 13 runs plus 3 places and 4 out of 5 horses winning in last 5 years.

heres what Charlie has to say,

Chelmsford City 19.10 Ray's The Money looks up against it in this as it looks a decent race. He's in good order at home but he's going to need a few to under perform here if he's to be winning it.

Surely Raucous is handicapped to win tomorrows 2:40 at Kempton? Last all weather winning mark was 105. He's had the winter off, is still young enough, and new mark of 94 is probably one of the reasons there is good support for him at around 6/1 tonight.

At Kelso, in 2:25, I reckon the handicapper been decent to Monfass, leaving his mark unchanged. Monfass won and placed in class 2 company earlier this season, but then got found out carrying higher weights in lesser class 4 company. Now stepped back up in class again, with a very low weight, he can score here.

Last edited:
Surely Raucous is handicapped to win tomorrows 2:40 at Kempton? Last all weather winning mark was 105. He's had the winter off, is still young enough, and new mark of 94 is probably one of the reasons there is good support for him at around 6/1 tonight.

I quite fancy Swift Approval in the same race. Front running 7f horse dropping back to 6f and a change of headgear 1st time in eye shields. Did try 6f at Wolverhampton to no avail but Kempton may well suit him better. I like sprinters to have match fitness on side and 4 of the 8 here having their first run of the season. Drawn 1, providing he doesn't fluff the start he should be able to lead them a merry dance and its quite possible that he'll be difficult to peg back if PJ gets the fractions right. Lto ran o.k in what was probably a better race at Lingfield on Good Friday.

Also like Gavlar in the last. Well handicapped and usually runs well fresh. Has quite often gone close after breaks off higher marks than this.

Last edited:
Can't have Smart Call in the Snowdrop - most of her form, and all of her future entries, are in 10f races, and it's hard to see her being made a lot of use of on her seasonal debut; particularly from her outside draw.
La Figlia was bumped up to a hot Newmarket lstd race on her 2nd run & showed big improvement on her Kempton debut.
Clearly well thought of, and returns to the course where she performed so well on that initial run, but over a more suitable trip today.

Last edited:
You mean as in Musselburgh 15.35 Night Of Glory Night Of Glory should have every chance. They've had plenty of rain up there which will suit but he's got a poor draw and that is a worry. He's going to need a bit of luck in running, if he can get a good position in the first half mile of the race I would have thought he will run very well, but if he's tracked out wide or too far out of his ground he will struggle. A. Balding

Night of Glory Held up, driven along over 4f out, soon beaten, tailed off:blink::confused:

Yeh, that was a strange race considering the money on offer (£100k). The sectionals suggest the winner wasn't going too fast so the others have got it wrong. I'll be rating the winner as running to his previous best (so he'll be badly handicapped unless he's on a curve) and the runner-up as the winner of the race (and probably well-handicapped next time).

14:25 Kelso - Gassin Golf e/w

(Drop in grade might help this one, who has been a bit disappointing in better-quality races. Will certainly handle track conditions, so has a sporting chance. Open sort of race so backed him e/w at the freely-available 8/1 at time of writing).

14:25 Kelso - Gassin Golf e/w

(Drop in grade might help this one, who has been a bit disappointing in better-quality races. Will certainly handle track conditions, so has a sporting chance. Open sort of race so backed him e/w at the freely-available 8/1 at time of writing).

The dreaded 4th place! Oh well, c'est la vie!

Exeter 3:40

General Girling. This is a proper handicap with nearly two stone separating top and bottom weights. I fancy General Girling to go close today with 10:10 on his back. He's shown enough ability in the past having had only a limited chase career for an 11 year old. He's 3/12 over fences, but 89 is a workable mark. A well handicapped horse, IMHO. 8/1 looks excellent.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back