What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tuesday
Hereford 1.40 - Don Herbager 14/1 Bet365 - Caught my eye watching the race (see below) first time out over hurdles, given an educational ride understandably by jockey. Kept wide throughout and a distance back from leaders in last place jumping the 3rd last and ran on to finish 5th. Less than 7L behind the 3rd that day Aardwolf who had hugged the rails, was ridden by the Champion jockey and was having his 3rd hurdle race. They re-oppose again today and imo my selection will improve past Aardwolf as he looked like the penny really dropped that day. Whether he'll be good enough to beat the rest of field, I don't know? The field doesn't look particularly strong and only 5 runners so win only for me.

http://www.attheraces.com/racecard/Hereford/27-March-2018/1415

GL with that SC, Venetia's runners look like they've turned a corner a little later than her norm this season - seem to be coming thick and fast after a long lean spell. Small flutters for me on Houblon and Tenor for Saturday at big prices, so got to follow with a small one on this too.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Tuesday
Hereford 1.40 - Don Herbager 14/1 Bet365 - Caught my eye watching the race (see below) first time out over hurdles, given an educational ride understandably by jockey. Kept wide throughout and a distance back from leaders in last place jumping the 3rd last and ran on to finish 5th. Less than 7L behind the 3rd that day Aardwolf who had hugged the rails, was ridden by the Champion jockey and was having his 3rd hurdle race. They re-oppose again today and imo my selection will improve past Aardwolf as he looked like the penny really dropped that day. Whether he'll be good enough to beat the rest of field, I don't know? The field doesn't look particularly strong and only 5 runners so win only for me.

http://www.attheraces.com/racecard/Hereford/27-March-2018/1415

Gamble alert !

Lol good luck with this one Chef I have completely and utterly missed the boat haha, doubt I'd have got involved anyway with the Juviniles but looks like somebody/every gambler in the country agrees with you.

Gamble alert !

Lol good luck with this one Chef I have completely and utterly missed the boat haha, doubt I'd have got involved anyway with the Juviniles but looks like somebody/every gambler in the country agrees with you.

Looks like you made the sensible decision. Unfortunately if my selection does prove to be a half decent horse ( a big 'If' ) he was going to need a much faster pace to run at or possibly a stamina trip. The slow pedestrian pace just fell into the laps of the ex flat horses. Probably misread his last race and will keep one eye on him. Lots of money for him from somewhere gave me a lot of hope but the result soon brought my ego back down to earth. :)

17:15 Aintree - Shantou Flyer e/w

(The Grand National is as big a puzzle as it is in most years, but, never mind, it's good to have a bit of interest in the race, even though it might be a bit short-lived! So, e/w at six-places seems a reasonable go? We'll see!).

Last edited:
1.45 Aintree
Surprised to see Golan Fortune as big as 14/1. Close up behind Topofthegame two runs back with that rival now rated 155. On that run this fella could be thrown in here with a good claimer taking 5lb off. Bad blunders at the last two exaggerated the margin of defeat last time out and a better round of jumping would put him bang there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Plumpton 4:30 Sweetnchic. This ran third place here at Plumpton last season in a handicap hurdle off a thirteen pound higher mark. Prepared to take a chance he finds his form again at 12/1.

Poet's Princess (4.20W) has the sft/hvy ground form to win this off higher, and her 3 entries this week suggest her trainer has her ready to fire first time up.
10/1 (1/4 B365) looks particularly appealing.

Sometimes it pays to back up a school of thought, re-something being well handicapped, even if it didn't work out when you first thought it.

I made a case for Gary Moore's Gossiping the other day but the weather was awful and he was taken out.

Basically, he's an early-season horse, who wins around March/April/May and he races again in the 5:20 at Newmarket tomorrow.

He beat a decent yardstick, (The Warrior) at Goodwood last season, but is just three or four pounds higher now.

I'm hoping the ground continues to dry up. Don't let the form figures put you off! There's two or three horses with strong enough chances, but I reckon Gossiping's wins last season weren't fluke and fancy him to go well tomorrow.

Newmarket 5:20 Gossiping

On the drift in the betting so looks like he might need the run. I will keep stakes small.

Carlisle 4.30

Combination tricast

Floramoss (Might be worth a back to lay for a free bet) (I expect her to try and make all the running if she can, and the other two to benefit from it)
Perseid
Skywards Reward

Plumpton 4:30 Sweetnchic. This ran third place here at Plumpton last season in a handicap hurdle off a thirteen pound higher mark. Prepared to take a chance he finds his form again at 12/1.

Forgot to say....well done on this. Backed it to place and ran a super race.

Mitchouka can beat the **** out of the Mullins pair blindfolded.....get on :0)

First 2 favs at Newmarket couldn't even get a place.........be warned

Mitchouka can beat the **** out of the Mullins pair blindfolded.....get on :0)

First 2 favs at Newmarket couldn't even get a place.........be warned

Will double it up with Chiefofchiefs (another fav :eek: )

Last edited:
Well looks like Gossiping is out for a bit of fresh air and fun in ten minutes time. I don't mind. If he finishes in the first six it'll set him up nicely for next time.

He's ran ninth not too bad beat a few horses home. Drop in class maybe next time might do the trick.

I really like the look of Lisheen Prince for trainer Olly Murphy tomorrow in the 3:15 at Cheltenham.

Off the track for a while but pitched in the right race with no weight, should run very well.

Another Hero is another horse later on in the 5:00 handicapped well. There's early market support for him and I understand why.

I'm against you with Diable de Sivola in that race. He's had his ground once this season, when he wasn't off a yard at Chepstow but finally gets a decent surface tomorrow.

My other bet is Shanghai Glory in the opener at Newmarket. He's dropped to 99 and based on his run in the Great St Wilfred is well handicapped. The trainer messed up a bit running him on Haydock heavy at the back end which finished him for the season.

I really like the look of Lisheen Prince for trainer Olly Murphy tomorrow in the 3:15 at Cheltenham.

Off the track for a while but pitched in the right race with no weight, should run very well.

Vivas the one that interests me in that race. Ran his best race here on decent ground and could go well again now it’s dried out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't like taking on a confident Euro, but good luck anyways to both of you.

I liked Daniels Flyer in that Newmarket race for my each way trixie BTW, but yours clearly has a good chance, Euro.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back