What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
5 Ruth Carr's EXPLAIN ran well when staying-on at Chester, (in the race Gossiping was second to Baraweez in), having been very unlucky not to get a clear run. I do fancy Explain to win races this season.

Declared for York 5:25 Saturday...should be no excuses.

5 Ruth Carr's EXPLAIN ran well when staying-on at Chester, (in the race Gossiping was second to Baraweez in), having been very unlucky not to get a clear run. I do fancy Explain to win races this season.

One of hers caught my eye at Doncaster last Saturday but I left it off the tracker - her strike rate put me off. Is she a decent handler?

Yeah, she wins her fair share of handicaps, never had a problem with her mate. Wouldn't put you off one of hers.

In the Irish Guineas Elarqam is expected to improve and he may well do so but enough to win a classic? I doubt that very much

The horse had won his only 2 starts yet Mark Johnson couldn't get him spot on at Newmarket? I don't believe that for one minute and I reckon is what you saw is what you will get.

Jim Crowley who I regard as a Jekyll and Hyde jockey would lace Ryan Moore's boots when it comes to tactics and I reckon Moore will be looking to win this by doing what he does best...holding up US Navy Flag in front.

If Moore gan get him to settle in front and kick at the right time I reckon they will struggle to catch him..............US Navy Flag 3/1 looks a bet

As for the rest of the card I'll be laying O'brien favs to be unplaced......no way will they all run as well as the prices suggest

Qaysar looks the business in the 2.50, Haydock. Gave Emblazoned 9lbs and a comfortable beating 2 ago. the latter has won both races since and is now rated 95. A SJP entry suggests the Hannons think him more than a handicapper.
4/1 currently.

Agree with Fist on US Navy Flag and RM probably intended to slow the pace in the Poulains; unfortunately the French didn't want to know, and he had to go like hell from his outside draw. 0/30 taken.

Last edited:

I really hope this one sparks a revival for me!

But....Twin Appeal is all the rage now into fav....a horse that's either completely lost the plot or being readied for a race like this. I'm on Explain, but after the last two weeks, it's all hope, no confidence!

Last edited:
Didn't have time to post, but amongst others I did back Invincable Army at 4s for the Sandy Lane. It won imo - this is the second time I've been raped by the cunts at that track after Le Rocher in the fog.

Soliloquy in the Irish 1000. Price diff between herself and the fav is daft. Small stakes though as form seems to mean **** all at the Curragh.

Taareef in the d'Ispahan. Obviously needed it first time out and again the price diff between him and the fav is daft.

Nutted as well by Invincible Army but biggest bet of the month, EW at that, went on Qayser - didn't even see the race but to not get a place out of 5 ffs took some doing - what happened?

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Fom his plum draw, Frankie decided to drop him out the back, then circumnavigate the whole field.
Strong contender for worst ride of the season,imo.

I'd say we were Ryan Moored, Fist.
Why he chose to go off like a bat out of hell, on a doubtful stayer, escapes me completely.:confused:

It gets worse.......the Tattersall Gold Cup..what a farce giving a classy horse 15 lengths or more of a start......

tbh I backed Moore but got out at half way as it was obvious what was coming.
Only one more bet for me today Fav Ringa Ding Ding

It gets worse.......the Tattersall Gold Cup..what a farce giving a classy horse 15 lengths or more of a start......

tbh I backed Moore but got out at half way as it was obvious what was coming.

Class horse that really should have been walking the last furlong judged on his pedigree. Cliffs of Moher just aint as good as they think he is. And neither are their 3yo fillies.

Class horse that really should have been walking the last furlong judged on his pedigree. Cliffs of Moher just aint as good as they think he is. And neither are their 3yo fillies.

Just watched it back, Euro, and it's a case of appearance being deceptive, imo.
c24 secs for the last 2f suggest it wasn't a strong pace early, and neither RM or Atzeni covered themselves in glory.

Fair enough. I did look at LB for the race but just couldn't have him staying.

Today I have Looks a Million who ran really well at Chester the other week running from my tracker. Some nice types against her from powerful stables but she's 16s and worth a small each way (4.50 Windsor)

Last edited:
Cartmel 3.20
Souriyan did me a favour last time out and can improve again to take this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some interesting types stepping up in handicap company and distance after having three maiden runs at Lingfield tomorrow. 1:40 Fleeting Steps (Mark Prescott trained, 10/1) and the well bred, Zilara in the 5:10, who is a half sister to Moonrise Landing. I will role the dice on two singles and an each way double.

Last edited:
Well Zilara ran alright at a price. Golden Iris (Nott 3:20) has done enough in three runs to date to make a mark of 77 look exploitable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back