What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wednesday 14:30 Catterick - Someone Exciting

(Form not at all exciting but could do well in this Seller. 11/2 best price at time of writing, but SP may well be better).

Ah, the scratching of Kraka in he next race at Catterick changes the betting picture a lot. So, 3/1 is now the top price atm for above selection.

Cartmel races on Saturday

I'm going to Cartmel on Saturday with friends (like last year) but as the only one of us interested in horse racing I've again been put forward as our "expert". I've no idea why though, as my last year's picks finished 4th at best - most are all still out there somewhere.

Any advice/pointers/opinions for Saturday's card by the knowledgeable guys & girls on here would be much appreciated

Many thanks
2017D

Afraid the word "expert" 2017diary must, in the words of Samuel Goldwyn, "include me out", but have a great day at Cartmel on Saturday and I wish you luck in finding a few winners!

Yesterday's effort was a messy affair from start to finish, late scratchings and whatnot. Someone Exciting not helped when she dwelt at the start so the neck defeat was a bit tough. Today, in the first at Chepstow (2:10) Makabe must have a decent chance and surely deserves to win a race. Seems to be improving all the time. Not much of a price though, so nothing special!

Afraid the word "expert" 2017diary must, in the words of Samuel Goldwyn, "include me out", but have a great day at Cartmel on Saturday and I wish you luck in finding a few winners!

Yesterday's effort was a messy affair from start to finish, late scratchings and whatnot. Someone Exciting not helped when she dwelt at the start so the neck defeat was a bit tough. Today, in the first at Chepstow (2:10) Makabe must have a decent chance and surely deserves to win a race. Seems to be improving all the time. Not much of a price though, so nothing special!

Thanks Bolero, I'll look out for that one today. As to me being the "expert" - they certainly should have included me out rather than saddling me with it..

Well, in spite of the fact that I spelt it wrong, Makambe still managed to win! Backed down to favourite, but 7/4 wasn't too bad a price.

Leopardstown 8:55 Miraculum. A little sporting each way bet on this one. Top trainer (Jim Bolger), low weight, poor opposition. A value price at 16/1 each way.

Last edited:
8:45 Newmarket - Fieldsman

(Decent form, although the scant 8-day break since last run doesn't appeal too much. Still, good chance in this event).

4.20 Curragh

Think this is a match between two, so will Dutch both

Just Wonderful @ 7-4 & Viadera @ 11-4

Market Rasen 2:05 - OCEAN JIVE comes into the race in good form, on a workable mark of 122, so is taken to run well again at about 12/1.

Last edited:
My Saturday bet will be Collodi in the 2.40 at Market Rasen. Took the 11/2 generally available at time of writing.

Don't usually like to select hot favourites but Mayllan looks pretty good in the mares' bumper at Stratford (17:40) today. Evens still available at time of writing, probably will start odds-on. Also, a very small speculative punt on Pension Madness e/w in the 15:00 at Newton Abbot.

I have not been in great form recently but I like Quench Dolly in Windsor's 7:10. A healthy win strike rate, dropped in the handicap and class, he can win tomorrow, and you never know, if he can win, he may just sneak in The Stewards Cup, which he is currently 100/1 for.

Last edited:
Cheers. Computable I never backed thankfully, not turned out to be that good. Anyways, I wanted to have a bet tomorrow but these four runner races aren't appealing.

Insurgance (7.25S) simply dotted up in similar 2 ago, then failed to last home in higher class nto when Frankie went off like a lunatic.
Dropped in grade today, with no great pace apparent, he ought to continue his progression. Fast ground is not a worry, as he's twice been withdrawn (Unsuitable ground) from conteats with sft in the going.
General 5/1 looks generous.

Started favourite but what price was he earlier? I looked in the afternoon and there were no prices up and then forgot to check later.

6.30 York-Pomme De Terre

Each Way @ 12-1 [Paddy Power] BOG

Good course form for a well treated horse with a positive low draw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back