What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newcastle 3:45 Claresburn e/way - I don't know much about new trainer Susan Corbett or the jockey Mr Jakub Kocman except they've had 6 runners in chases - 1 winner - 1 second and - 2 thirds so a value bet at 16/1+ for me.

Newcastle 3:45 Claresburn e/way - I don't know much about new trainer Susan Corbett or the jockey Mr Jakub Kocman except they've had 6 runners in chases - 1 winner - 1 second and - 2 thirds so a value bet at 16/1+ for me.

That was rubbish but I'm not one to give up easily - 4:25 trainer Don Cantillon has a 50% + place-rate in bumpers - so e/wayu at 25/1+ for me.:blink:

I think Minella Bliss is overpriced for tomorrow's 3.40 Huntingdon.

He jumped accurately and ran quite well on his chase debut, despite having no chance at the weights. Tomorrow's race is dire and I can't understand why he's been made the rag.

12-1 available with Ladbrokes as I write.

both dingaan and welcome approach look better than Nacho Libre in the 8.05 throw in metropolitan as a wild card.....Nacho looks a confident lay at 2.12 ish

Dundalk - aka The New Punter's Graveyard

One more chance!

Think both Almadaa and Marnane have turned the corner recently and are a max EW bet tomorrow night at 6/1 despite a horrible draw in the opener.
Akasaka is fresh and will be doubled with the above in the third, also 6/1.

Warning - the value of your investment may go up as well as down and the financial regulator will tell you to **** off when you do your dough!:whistle:

I'm with Red Army Blues in the opener myself On The Bridle (surprise surprise says you).

Ran well when boxed in last week, he'll have come on for the run and runs off the same mark. He'll need Johnny to be on top of his game as the last time he got his head in front was back in July last year. Not the most straightforward but I just feel last week will have really brought him on.

3.10 Huntingdon Rose of the Moon

Expected to take this enroute to the festival.

Bad start to the weekend...pitiful effort and I had it on good authority that this was trying vigorously today. They can scrap festival plans so!

Fancy Flav Tatiana in the 20.50, think she is really on the upgrade now. I expect her to win readily despite the obvious ratings discrepancy with the Johnston runner.

Also fancy Ecossaise in the 18.50, her UK h'cap is 64 which she won off last time. Irish mark of 67 tonight, think she has a few pounds in hand here. 5's is an ew bet to nothing imo. Hopefully get a few bob in my pocket for Leop tomorrow to go to war with!

I believe Paul Townend replacing Danny Mullins on Marlay Park is significant.I would imagine the owner has insisted on a top class jockey and Uncle Willie has given Danny the ride on Mourad to soften the blow.
Setting the alarm clock tomorrow to try and take Boyles 14/1.

I've been going on about BBbob all week so needless to say I grabbed the 2/1 and was lucky enough to back Captain Chris before Grand Crus was pulled ou.

Other bets today. Menorah only needs to be pointed in the right direction.

Baby Mix may have been flattered having beaten the overhyped Hinterland and Grumetti looks the safer option. Whichever wins will be fav for the Triumph so I've backed him in both and will lay him off for the latter if he wins.

Teshali looks a good bet in a bad race at Uttoxeter

Corkage at Donnie looks to be improving very fast and there may be evn more to come

If all esle fails Jackso'n Cage in the 2nd last race of the day can dig me out of a hole or bury me. Looks like one of the best bets of the day

Last edited:
Grumeti for me today,will make amends for the fall last time.small stakes on wayward prince and a decent bet on Diamond Harry.:whistle:

Marlay Park been pricewised -I am heading off to a Boyles shop with a Ladbrokes next door -any chance of getting on ?.

Still just about tens with Boyles, 9/1 lads. He has been slaughtered all morning. I have gone for the Swan double in the handicaps with savers on the money horses this am Mister Carter and Marley.

I think Hollow Tree was ridden a tad conservatively at Cheltenham behind Hinterland and he came on strongly at the end. I am not sure they knew what they had. I have backed him for the Triumph and today

My reward for getting up early was a couple of fresh scones despite being first into the shop there was no sign of the double figure priceson Marlay Park.
Came home to have scones and think about my next move.

Galaxy Rock at Donny- must surely go close; heard a little squeak for Maller Tree in the 2nd at Leopardstown.

Enjoy the day folks, #belucky:)

My reward for getting up early was a couple of fresh scones despite being first into the shop there was no sign of the double figure priceson Marlay Park.
Came home to have scones and think about my next move.

Open the jam and clotted cream.

The Argento is a horrible race. Must be one of the worst renewals in memory.

If Captain Chris fails to stay, I can't see the winner troubling the places in the Gold Cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back