What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm on Blazing Tempo..LARGE ;)

Judge. I jumped on with you in running when I saw your post. It's good to see you're reading that Irish formbook the right way around.

Last edited:
Taken what was available on Betfair at 14.5+ on Champagne Fever for the Champion Bumper. Should be the easiest lay back of all time after the race.

Didn't look a Champion Bumper winner on that evidence.

I'm not sure anything would look like Champion bumper material on that ground, Colin, and there was nothing to press him, even though he was ridden right out in the normal Mullins way.

A propos of Luke being relieved he took the dog for a walk, I had my best day in a little while because I had no bet and therefore lost nothing.

There is no volume on Betfair for this anyway I'm holding on to 20s. Good enough performance on the ground for me.

Last edited:
Harder than I thought to off load the bet. Laid it back at 13.5 to leave me a token free bet to €95. Still it was an easy oppurtunity to scalp a bet as he was never getting beat today.

The result of the Juvenile Hurdle when Gottany O's and Blue Destination doesn't even begin to reflect how superior a horse Gottany O's is comaperd to the John Quinn gelding.

I'm a huge fan of Johns and have known him since his riding days but I must side with the Donal MCain horse on this occsion.

Gottany O's travelled much better for the most part last time but was clearly quite green which kept Jason a slighlty more occupied than Dougie changing his hands now and then but nothing serious.

When push came to shove it's then that Gottany O's showed his superority and for a few seconds looked like he was going to leave Blue Destination for dead. However off the track for months he clearly blew up allowing the one paced Blue Destinations to get back on terms and take second in the closing stages.

Donald McCain is sure to have him in much better nick this time round and taking it this is a 2 horse race as te betting suggests I reckon he's clearly the better horse and an absolute certainty to come out on top this time.

Break open the piggy banks and help yourslves ;)

Entered Leicester on Tuesday - did you see my question about Broadbackbob earlier in this thread. Your thoughts please?

Sorry I missed it. I was told Trozulon was found to be lame but how bad it is he didn't know. The soft ground at Leisester could rule him out even if he's ok by the morning but if he does run I'd be wary of backing him now.

Broadbackbob? I did ask around Xmas as my first thought when he hacked up at Newbury was the Neptune but was told to hold fire as the plan for him is probably Aintree.

Prepared talent is pretty thin on the ground, Darley could run in the Betfair and flop and if Captain Conan shows no signs of strengthening up he could switch Simonsig back to the Supreme and run BBB in the Neptune.

If you do fancy taking the chance he'll run and feel you have to back him I'd wait until just before he next runs again or just after Darlan runs.

If Darlan gets stuffed then your chances of a run could increase and but the bookies and punters will take time to click onto the possibilty.

Hard old game this AP punting I'm waiting to get 1000 Spirit Son. What do you think the chances are of Nicky doing the double and living throught it are ?:lol:

Alfred Hutchinson was imprisoned in 1952 and charged with high treason in 1956 for opposing apartheid. Road to Ghana is considered his most important work, for his skill in presenting in a simple and moving narrative, his personal humiliations as a black in “white” South Africa and his subsequent escape from oppression there. This great man’s namesake will be plying his trade in The Black Country today at 4:30 where he is again expected to be running away from the opposition. :ninja:

They do need to switch Simonsig back to the Supreme as he'd win that if they go for it - sadly I don't trust Nicky to realise this in the one or two runs that he's planning for the horse pre-Cheltenham so if you could give him a gentle nudge/shove that would be greatly appreciated ;)

Martin

I've had a little third hand whisper for Falasteen in 4:00, from a mate of a mate etc.., small e/way on betfair for me as you can still get 3 places.

Alfred Hutchinson was imprisoned in 1952 and charged with high treason in 1956 for opposing apartheid. Road to Ghana is considered his most important work, for his skill in presenting in a simple and moving narrative, his personal humiliations as a black in “white” South Africa and his subsequent escape from oppression there. This great man’s namesake will be plying his trade in The Black Country today at 4:30 where he is again expected to be running away from the opposition. :ninja:

Great shout sc. Always travelled like a good one. :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back