What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
John Oxx and Newtown Anner Stud have a good chance tomorrow night in the shape of Darkened (3/1 early SP) at Gowran Park. I reckon he should be favourite so 3/1 rates a fair price. This could be easy money.

Jockey Niall McCullagh also rides Mountain Fox in the following race who is 10/1 early show, he's never won a flat race but placed three times in last four starts this season and looks ready to land his first victory at a track he knows well.

I might lock up a little win double.

Ben Curtis rides four fair horses in the handicaps at Beverely, (3:30 Gossip Column, 4:00 Go Fox, 4:30 Vindolanda, 5:05 Montalvan).

I'll stick everything in a Heinz for good measure.

Last edited:
Kick On (3.50S) was always thought a gp1 performer by connections but has disappointed lately.
It looks like JG has decided he's not lasting home and there's support for this view in his recent form and both sides of his pedigree.
B365's 10/1 looks too good to miss, on the chance he's correct.

Good luck mate.

Do we know what likely ground conditions are at Newbury on Saturday?

I've missed the 14/1 on Meade's Technician in the Geoffrey Freer. He's top price 7's now with Bet Fred. If it's soft he'll win.

Indeed. Well done. :)

Leo 7:35 See Of Rome well backed tonight at 16/1.

Last edited:
Owen Burrows could land a double at Nottingham today, (2:00 Danyah & 4:45 Ojooba)

William Haggas has some good chances across the country especially at Wolverhampton and Chelmsford this evening.

None Too Sleepy 4.10Nott, was classy enough to finish 2nd in Donny's valuable November h'cap last backend (Rec'd 9lb from subsequent HisLeger entry, currently off 111).
His close-up 4th in an even more valuable contest last month suggests he'll be no bavk number today, moreso now the ground has turned in his favour.
5/1taken.

Owen Burrows could land a double at Nottingham today, (2:00 Danyah & 4:45 Ojooba)

William Haggas has some good chances across the country especially at Wolverhampton and Chelmsford this evening.

Well done mate, think they both won didn't they?

I can see Technician (Newbury 2:25) running well but whether he'll be able to beat the short priced favourite I don't know. WON 10-1

I fancied Gulliver in the big race at Ripon but it is very open. He's drifted to 20/1, so not that confident.

Hugo Palmer could land a winner or two or three though.

Newbury 1:15 Caravan OF Hope 3rd, 4:45 Power Of States

Doncaster 2:50 Arlabet N/R

Newmarket 2:10 Powertrain WON 7/2

Good luck

Last edited:
I can see Technician (Newbury 2:25) running well but whether he'll be able to beat short priced favourite I don't know.

I fancied Gulliver in the big race at Ripon but it is very open. He's drifted to 20/1, so not that confident.

Hugo Palmer could land a winner or two or three though.

Newbury 1:15 Caravan OF Hope, 4:45 Power Of States

Newmarket 2:10 Powertrain

Good luck

Edited, Arlabet N/R

I'm taking a chance on Bengali Boys in 2:45 at Newmarket. He won a valuable race in 2017, went up to 105, but now dropped to a very low mark for new (and shrewd) trainer in Tony Carroll. Well backed today so must be an each way bet at 20/1.

Last edited:
Cheers. It's been an excellent start to today. I followed Growl as well. The Lucky 15's are in a healthy position.

Bengali Boys (2:45) is a big ask to win but we'll see. Him and Gulliver are my two big each way's, but even if they fail, my win lucky 15 looks good so far.

Last edited:
Good luck mate.

Do we know what likely ground conditions are at Newbury on Saturday?

I've missed the 14/1 on Meade's Technician in the Geoffrey Freer. He's top price 7's now with Bet Fred. If it's soft he'll win.

Was it soft? :) Haha

Last edited:
Well done.

Gary Carroll has been riding well. He landed a treble at Sligo on August 7th and since placed on some big priced outsiders.

He's good rides at Tranmore tonight in the final four races.

Lucky 15 win.

Posted below.

Last edited:
Today - 6:40 Cray
(Overnight) at Tramore Assembly Techniques Handicap

Today - 7:10 Aasleagh Fawn
(Overnight) at Tramore Strand Inn Dunmore Handicap

Today - 7:40 Greenpanda
(Overnight) at Tramore Hibernian Hotel Tramore Handicap

Today - 8:10 Attack At Dawn
(Overnight) at Tramore Morris Builders DIY Handicap

Gary Carroll is a very underestimated jockey,not that long ago he was winning the ebor for Willie Mullins.went off the radar recently,but very good jock,with regular big price winners

Elysian Flame (2.30P) was most unlucky not to be concerned in the finish of a similar c/d h'cap recently and, as it was his first run as a 3yo, looks sure to improve again today.
A solid bet at the current 5/1, imo.
Last Empire (3.30P) has won 3 lesser contests this season and could be anything, based on her latest stroll in the park.
Has something to find with these but the ground should suit, and it's a positive she's Danny Tudhope's choice from the 3 Clipper Logistic entrants.
6/1 generallly.
A potentially useful e.w. double, the two.

Both n/r's -incredible.

Last edited:
Kempton 5:05 A good betting opportunity here with Busby who is very well handicapped on best form with plenty of all weather form in the book.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back