What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ZUBA can out run the general odds of 25/1 tomorrow off the bottom weoght for Jimmy Quinn in the Lavazza Handicap at Ascot (3:55). This beat a future winner called Laafy of Stoute's who subsequently was raised to 89 and who runs himself again in the 1:50 at Haydock, so could frank the form once more.

Zuba ran no race the last day in a lesser event at Kempton but I reckon you should put a line through that effort. Before that in the Shergar Cup he was a staying on fifth in a bunched finish. That run was enough to make me believe he can mix it in this grade of race. A big price to have a go at aswell.

Last edited:
In the Sprint Cup at Haydock, I really like the chances of Dream of Dreams.
Gp1 winner in all but title when finishing well in the Diamond Jubilee this season. Latest run easily forgiven as it came only 21 days after a hard race previously, as he similarly disappointed in Champion Sprint at the end of last season.
Loves soft ground so improvement expected, even on his DJ run, and I just can't see him beaten.
11/2 generally.

ZUBA can out run the general odds of 25/1 tomorrow off the bottom weoght for Jimmy Quinn in the Lavazza Handicap at Ascot (3:55). This beat a future winner called Laafy of Stoute's who subsequently was raised to 89 and who runs himself again in the 1:50 at Haydock, so could frank the form once more.

Zuba ran no race the last day in a lesser event at Kempton but I reckon you should put a line through that effort. Before that in the Shergar Cup he was a staying on fifth in a bunched finish. That run was enough to make me believe he can mix it in this grade of race. A big price to have a go at aswell.

I have supported Laafy too. Well backed into 8's so far.

Good Luck All

3.50 Kempton-Dramatic Sands @ 4-1 [888 Bet]

Archie Watson continues to dominate with his 2 year olds

Ran well for long enough. Maybe a drop back to 1m2f would suit on this run?

Yeah would help Sim, especially if tried in that grade again.

Last edited:
I've looked at York's 2:20.

Young Cieren Fallon rides the warm favourite, but there's plenty of last time out winners aswell, which creates value, plus with the seventeen runners the race is definitely worth a look.

One who is a huge price is Kripke of David Barron's who was a good second at Haydock to a horse who was once rated in the 100's (Arcanada).

Kripke is lightly raced, far from exposed, with low mileage and has dropped a few pounds in the weights, to a similar mark to when winning at Pontefract (78).

I could see this running a big race. I suppose the betting jungle may prove indicative of his chance. I'm looking at about 25/1(ish).

Last edited:
Gone through the form of York...some excellent betting opportunities. The Heinz is on the boil. :)

All in. :)

Last edited:
Morning

5.25 Listowel-Blue Wood @ 5-1 [Paddy Power]

If fit from break should run well as his debut was promising

The 7.00 Wolver has a horse that interests me in unraced Festina of Prescotts.
Don't think that the form of any horses with experience is anything to write home about and Sir Mark does sometimes win with a horse having 1st run, usually 2 yos, but this horse looks well bred by Lethal Force out of a Prescott trained mare Quite a Thing, she won 1st time out at Lingfield as a 2 yo by 8 lengths and won 3 races on the AW, only ran as a 2 yo rated 84. Of Her 2 offspring so far one won 2 races on AW, other 100 rated Yulong Gold Fairy has won 4 races in Ireland on soft ground.
Think he might go for this,nice looking horse looks just like his sire, no money for this horse as yet and 11/2 freely available, have to see if any money comes for it.

Good money about for Razoul in the 3:35 at Listowel today. Very well handicapped for his first start in a handicap, imho. Should go well.

Last edited:
A bit like yesterday in that i'm surprised at the price of this horse a 2 yo having her 1st run for Michael Bell. Very unusual for the Queen to send a 2 yo to Catterick just had 3 2 yos alltogether of which one won. Bell does very well with fillies and has a good record for the queen with 2 yos, 5-39 winners, 14-39 in 1st 3 and 22-39 in 1st 4. By Dubawi out of a mare that won her 1st 2 races over 7fs, looks well overpriced to me due to the strength for the top and bottom horses, hopeful of getting 3rd or 4th on debut, if not ready to win this race.

Have to apologise to anyone who took notice of the above thread, got my courses totally mixed up, and the Queens horse was actually running at Leicester, which made the stats totally meaningless and wrong!:eek:
In an attempt to put it right i think that Burtonwood has to go very close in the 4.00 Catt, has come up against 3 really in form horses over 5fs at Beverley finishing strongly. Ginger Jam has won last 4, Aytaaf btn nose at Bev in July, won back there from Sheepscar Lad, then both ran behind 4 Wheel drive at Bev in 3rd and 7th with Archimedes splitting them in 5th. 4WD won 4 of last 5 races, and Archimedes 2 out of last 3 inc beating Burtonwood. Back to 6fs, good draw has to go close imo.

Cheers Sim its been a good day. I am having a small bet on Richie Mclernons ride in the 6:10 at Kelso. Its more of a hunch than a form angle. It seems strong in the betting, (on oddschecker at least). I will keep the rest of todays winnings for another day. :)

Last edited:
Yeah, I heard the commentary he came second so an each way return.

One more worth backing is Iolani in the last at Kelso. Formerly with top trainer Willie Mullins in Ireland, switched to Dianne Sayers and now looks very well handicapped. A decent outsider of the field at 5/1 I reckon.

Last edited:
Uttoxeter 2:05 Norwegian Woods didn't run too badly in the novice hurdles and can take this now in a handicap for Tim Vaughan.

Won't get fat at the prices, but a fairly safe double looks on the cards at Donny today with Tis Marvellous 3.00 & Willie John 4.45 paying around the 9/1 mark.

Always liked the Kerry National and Ican'tsay at 16/1 looks the one for me today. I remember previous winners who I backed like Ponmeoath very well!

Come on Ican'tsay...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back