What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read the Racing Post online just now.

They give my one no chance but despite this the spotlight writer fancies the horse that mine beat at Naas (Miss Jabeam). Halfwits if you ask me! They also say Twenty Minutes ran a bad race the last day at Laytown. Utter twaddle I say to thee.

Last edited:
I read the Racing Post online just now.

They give my one no chance but despite this the spotlight writer fancies the horse that mine beat at Naas (Miss Jabeam). Halfwits if you ask me! They also say Twenty Minutes ran a bad race the last day at Laytown. Utter twaddle I say to thee.

Probably because its 6lb out of the hcap marb.

Reckon Pink Dogwood would have won the Oaks with a kinder trip, and with a more favourable draw, she should have the beating of the Gosden pair in today's Vermeille.

Last edited:
Glad Buffer Zone won. Of the market leaders he was definitely the one. Won well. No show from my outsider. Nevermind.

Have an EW fancy for one in the 5.35 FL, in the shape of Dai Burchells Good Impression, about 20/1, he's booked young Cieran Fallon to have his 1st ride for him, last 2 runs have been decent in the context of todays race. Think that Just Once may be the main danger if the irish runner isn't up to much(watch betting).

Have an EW fancy for one in the 5.35 FL, in the shape of Dai Burchells Good Impression, about 20/1, he's booked young Cieran Fallon to have his 1st ride for him, last 2 runs have been decent in the context of todays race. Think that Just Once may be the main danger if the irish runner isn't up to much(watch betting).

Great pick ... well done [emoji106] got 25/1 from ladcrooks [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks fellas, was touch and go and i really couldn't understand the price as Fallon had already had 2 winners, thought was a 10/1 shot myself.:D

Nice one.

Tuesday evening at Newcastle - Brian Ellison trains two live chances later on the card.

7:30 Picketts Charge and 8:30 Hanati. Both about 8/1 at the moment. I'll definitely be doing an each way double.

Edit. I wouldn't want these to drift too much so will keep an eye on the market tomorrow before backing them.

Last edited:
I like the look of Mark Johnstons Winged Spur in the first at Chepstow aswell. A 5/22 win strike rate is quite good. He is a win or come knowhere type of horse. He doesn't finish in the places much, but he has a chance of winning if on a going day. 10/1 is a fair price to have a go at I suppose, although I see we have one Cieren Fallon riding the favourite, so he will be hard to beat.

Good Luck

4.40 Yarmouth-AllIseeisnibras

Each Way @ 8-1 [Bet 365]

Like the booking of Tom Marquand

Same to you Placebacker. Only doing Picketts Charge win at 8/1. The other two have drifted badly.

I wonder what the jump analysts make of Damien's Dilemma in the 4:45 at Kelso.

He always wants to front run and did so successfully with a similar weight a little while back.

He is hinting at being in form again. Now dropped in trip to 2 miles 5 furlongs which should help. I'm backing him at 10/1.

I think the jobs a good'un myself. :)

Last edited:
Returning from a 3 month break Sh Boom 2.45Y, went off an unfancied 50/1 shot in a red hot Sandown 1m gp3. In a steadily run contest, she finished quite well, over a distance short of her optimum, in a close up 5th. With that run behind her she should strip fitter today, up in trip and dropped in class, and she makes plenty of appeal at the general 12/1.

Ayr 2:00 KYLIE RULES never stopped improving since switching to Ruth Carr's stable. She won four races on the bounce earlier this season, before winning a another valuable handicap at Thirsk. She's gone up almost two stone in the ratings this season, about 25lb to be precise. As I said a few weeks ago, the geldings tend to win most of the handicaps, because a) most horses competing in handicaps are geldings, but also because b) there's a significant percentage of colts who improve a lot after the operation. Therefore for a filly or mare to mix it up in the top handicaps is always worth more than the bare rating. Kylie Rules fits the profile and I reckon she'll outrun odds of 20/1 each way here.

Last edited:
Clay Regazzoni 1.25A, dropped in for his first try at this distance, latest but now they know he stays an imptoved performance is on the cards, ridden in his usual manner.
12/1 generally.

Clay Regazzoni 1.25A, dropped in for his first try at this distance, latest but now they know he stays an imptoved performance is on the cards, ridden in his usual manner.
12/1 generally.

An excellent driver if a little short of top class.....:p

Last edited:
Ayr 2:00 KYLIE RULES never stopped improving since switching to Ruth Carr's stable. She won four races on the bounce earlier this season, before winning a another valuable handicap at Thirsk. She's gone up almost two stone in the ratings this season, about 25lb to be precise. As I said a few weeks ago, the geldings tend to win most of the handicaps, because a) most horses competing in handicaps are geldings, but also because b) there's a significant percentage of colts who improve a lot after the operation. Therefore for a filly or mare to mix it up in the top handicaps is always worth more than the bare rating. Kylie Rules fits the profile and I reckon she'll outrun odds of 20/1 each way here.

3rd @ 33's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back