What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gordon Elliott and Richard Johnson with one runner at Sedgefield 17.00 11/2.Danny Archer.
Worth a punt

5.30 Chelmsford City-Tadreej @ 4-1 [Bet 365]

Be surprised if she is not involved at the finish

5.30 Chelmsford City-Tadreej @ 4-1 [Bet 365]

Be surprised if she is not involved at the finish

Backed it in a Jim Crowley Yankee, sorry. I can't pick a winner just lately, but hope Jim has a good day. He has some nice rides today.

Nice one.

One more bet for me today is called Hold Still in the 7:30 at Chelmsford.
Well backed and looks good each way value with the nine runners.
May start a single figure price at this rate.

Last edited:
Got 10/1 this morning.

Boom boom shake the room. :)

Well done, Marb and Placebacker. I should stop picking my own and back yours, but I'll probably pass my slump on.
Think I'll just stop for a few days.

Cheers Robie.

Brian Hughes has some good rides at Hexham tomorrow. (2:15 Mega Double, 2:50 Elle Est Grande, Senor Lombardy, 4:00 Taxmeifyoucan).

I'm sticking them all in a Heinz with two strong chances that Tony Hamilton rides at Southwell, (6:30 Creativity, 8:00 Kuwait Shield).

Last edited:
Tribal Craft (2.35) isn't much behind these on ratings, but I reckon she's more likely to improve on the Ascot going than those shorter in the market.
10/1 generally.

I'm backing Dubai Station in the 2.55 Redcar. 11/1 with bv . Can't believe his last run was a true reflection of his ability. I expect a much better showing today.

Last edited:
Richard Faheys horses running very well, has the short priced fav for the Redcar 2.55 listed race 2 yo trophy over 6fs, will be a fast pace in this race for sure and i can see his stablemate Hartswood running on very strongly at the end, goes on Soft by Garswood and think has a very good EW chance 1st 3 or 4 imo.

I am doing a small each way double on Hughie Morrisons horses later at Wolverhampton. They are 6:00 Treaty Of Dingle and 8:30 Robert L'echelle.

I shall have further such tips later tomorrow. :)

Last edited:
I had exactly the same opinion as you Bonjers -lumpy each way bet and a match bet against Shattered Love at 11/8-thought it was all going Pete Tong at the last.

I was surprised with how prominently he was ridden but in hindsight he was constantly taken off his feet last year.

I was surprised with how prominently he was ridden but in hindsight he was constantly taken off his feet last year.
There's a pot in him this season for sure. Will be backing him every time he appears this season.

I give Nightingale Valley a good each way chance in what is an open event (Windsor 4:10).

A decent win strike rate this horse, who usually wins one race a year. Won over the course a while ago and should like the soft ground. She didn't run too badly the last day when only beaten three lengths so a chance is taken on her today at about 16/1.

Last edited:
No good there.

I was looking at the Ceserewitch this Saturday.

Early thoughts - I like a mare who can progress through the handicaps, even if they seem lowly races. Graceful Lady has gone from a mark in the 50's to the low 80's with a win strike rate of 6/27 or near enough 25 percent. She has won at Newmarket before and beat subsequent winner Gwafa a little while ago. Graceful Lady has two entries this weekend, including the Ceserewitch. I wouldn't mind some 50/1 if she runs in the feature race on Saturday with near to bottom weight.

Time To Study has the form in the book and has improved since the gelding operation. He is on my shortlist too.

Last edited:
With you on Time To Study, rotten luck lately tho, how I fail to collect on 3 bets in a 8 place race just p*sses me off. Even the eternal 2nd Kynren beating both my selections into 2nd n 3rd on Saturday sums it up [emoji85]

Sent from my SM-J701F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back