What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I give a good shout to all of Mick Applyby's runner at Nottingham today.
I could see him landing several winners.

His runners with approximate prices are as follows.

1:25 Triple Spear 12/1
4:00 Eponina 7/1
4:30 First Voyage 4/1
5:00 Deinonychus (nap) 5/4

It is one of those days for me.

Forget the form, back the trainer...

Last edited:
Dioclese Of Rome 7.10K, would have probably won 3 on the spin over tonight's C/D had the eventual 4th not lain on him in the closing stages 2 ago.
Compensation awaits - 15/2 generallu.

Happy enough with the Applyby double I did on my L15.

I'm looking at David Egan rides tonight at Newcastle.
I may be reinvesting on some of his mounts.

I'm checking which ones have feasible chances first.

Last edited:
Right. I am having an each way double (both ridden by David Egan) where he rides Brecks Selection (Newcastle 6:55) and Island Glen (Newcastle 8:25). About 12/1 each one I will be delighted with two places or better.

Last edited:
Dioclese Of Rome 7.10K, would have probably won 3 on the spin over tonight's C/D had the eventual 4th not lain on him in the closing stages 2 ago.
Compensation awaits - 15/2 generallu.
Slowly away, held up out the back and suffered a wide trip as a consequence.
In short- rubbish!

3.50 Worcester-Mossy Fen

Each Way @ 5-1 [Bet 365]

Of interest on first run for top in form stable

Hortzadar 2.40Y looks the likeliest of the O'Meara entrants in this race. Won on sft @ Ripon, then probably found the ground too lively in the Irish Cambs, subsequently withdrawn from Ayr for similar.No problem anticipated today and looks a fair bet at the general 10/1.

Country 4.10N dotted up in a h'cap at Redcar, then was given a 7 week break after a disappointing run at Sandown. Up in class and trip today, seems to be over whatever ailed him and further progression expected. Market seems to support that view, too (took 14/1 last night, 8/1 best currently).

As always, I like to go with a hunch, the good handicappers in the group 3's and 2's are always underestimated. They win more than their fair share.

Mark Johnston just won the group race with former handicap winner Rose Of Kildare.

I've had a bet on four horses with good handicap form later.

York
2:40 Waarif

Newmarket
3:00 Oh This Is Us
3:35 Cayenne Pepper
4:10 Trueshan

Last edited:
The handicapper may have taken a bit of a chance with Dell’Arca (3.55 Chepstow) who looks worth a punt at 13/2.

He’s an inconsistent sort so could just as easily finish tailed off so not one to bet the bank on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The handicapper may have taken a bit of a chance with Dell’Arca (3.55 Chepstow) who looks worth a punt at 13/2.

He’s an inconsistent sort so could just as easily finish tailed off so not one to bet the bank on

The wrong Pipe dodgepot [emoji35][emoji17]

Great Trango I like for the Ceserewitch. He's about 14/1.

I also think the rank outsider Graceful Lady can out run the odds - I wouldn't put anyone off a back to lay or trade in running.

She's a good mare who should never be rank outsider. Those odds are only available because of the amount of runners.

Last edited:
Cesarowitch - Cant resist the King horses at this distance and price Who Dares Wins 25s widely - form and class in the book. 8 places again must collect fgs

Sent from my SM-J701F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Cracking card at Chepstow this afternoon. Shame it’s not on the telly box

2.45 Highest Sun
3.20 Captain Chaos
4.30 Zanza
5.05 Doitforthevillage

Danny Tudhope rides in the 1.35 @ Masons-Laffitte, then flys back to Newmarket for Last Empire in the 4.45. Hint taken and the 7/2.

I like the look of Newcross in the Irish Ceserewitch tomorrow, looks like D-Day for him.

I'd actually like him to jump a hurdle sometime but we'll see.

Last edited:
Plenty of reasons why Muntadab will win the 3:25 at Mussleburgh tomorrow.

A proper handicapper, dropped to last winning mark (102), and early support in the betting market.

Strongly fancied to run to somewhere near his best here. 11/1 top price at present.

GL, Marb, though I've bet Barristan the Bold who was a little unlucky in a much better race at Chester. The Haggas horse could be anything though, and he does have a 33% strike rate with his runnners here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back