What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see Ballydoyle are running Eagle Canyon in a 3yo+ maiden over 5f at Naas. Eagle Canyon is by Montjeu out of a Darshaan mare. Surely he should be running over 1m5f. Has Montjeu had a winner over 5f?

Nobody is posting anyhting today so to break the monotony I am putting up a speculative bet for tonight all at the Curragh.

Inishmot Duchess in the 8:00 generally available at 12/1. She won a handicap at the second time of asking recently at Cork on ground that was felt to be too quick for her. It is literally pissing down at present and the softer the better for this filly. She is drawn ok and travelled best over the 6F the last day so this 5F hopefully isn't too sharp for her. Three year olds have been doing very well in all-aged handicaps recently so maybe another gets there tonight.

Always a tough weekend punting for me.

A lot hinges on the ground. Two in particular would interest me tonight if the ground were on the faster side of good. Keep us updated, OTB.

That man Mick Halford unleashes a potentially nice on in Krivan, has a draw and a useful Oxx horse to overcome, but is very very nice and will put up a big show.

Then I will be backing Negotiate in the 6.30 race, and a small ew double on them.

Out of boredom more than anything I've backed OTB's selection and Del's two selections in three each way singles and a treble. Good luck chaps.

I would have been with you on Negotiate until the rains came, del boy. Red Ransom ex Rahy mare screams fast ground and she looked to struggle on slow enough ground the last day in Down Royal.

For what its worth, two others I found particularly interesting were Lancetto in the Apprentice Derby - a lb higher than last year having finished a decent second coming into tonight off what appears to be a similar preparation - and Jessica Harrington's Glamorous in the concluding race, who I think has a nice bit of improvement to come on fast ground.

Given the situation with the ground, I've only had a speculative E/W punt on the Hartnett yolk in what looks a weak Apprentice Derby. I hate backing horses who I suspect may not go on the ground.

Nobody is posting anyhting today so to break the monotony I am putting up a speculative bet for tonight all at the Curragh.

Inishmot Duchess in the 8:00 generally available at 12/1. She won a handicap at the second time of asking recently at Cork on ground that was felt to be too quick for her. It is literally pissing down at present and the softer the better for this filly. She is drawn ok and travelled best over the 6F the last day so this 5F hopefully isn't too sharp for her. Three year olds have been doing very well in all-aged handicaps recently so maybe another gets there tonight.

Ben Curtis was very positive about her chances was just now, said he chose to ride her because he was expecting soft ground.

Ben Curtis is brilliant in an interview. Heard him for the first time last week in Ascot.

How they fell for that Jan Vermeer with his butchered feet, soft ground and after coming off a hammering and being used as a pacemaker in two runs is astonishing. Oh and Joesph O'Brien riding versus Pat Smullen. Some punters need shooting.

I've backed the old boy ew, Suerunner, though I think they would have have like to have lowered his mark even more. The ground will suit and the 33/1 on the machine makes the horse a fair betting proposition.

Having said that Harlestone Times could be a very decent horse, certainly progressive and will handle the ground. He has really gone up in the weights and will have to be good to win but at around 8's provides sufficient reward for the risk.

I've gone for the two to win roughly the same amount and will also have a pop at the forecast.

1415 Newmarket
Lily's Angel
Nayarra
Queens Revenge

1505 Newcastle
Moyenne Corniche
La Vecchia Scuola
High Office

1520 Newmarket
Field Of Dream
Palace Moon
Pausanias

Emma's Gift looks a big price to me in the last at Newmarket. A mark of 90 looks very workable on numerous bits of form both last season and this.

Chester 2:05 Courtland King - has run well twice at this track once from the car park draw - had the speed to lead L/T/O at this track and sire and Dam both liked cut in the ground, If he gets the lead from the plum No.1 draw he could be hard to peg back. Back to Lay for me at 9.2+ and i'll put in a lay at 3.0.

Fathsta 3.30 Windsor. Back to winning mark on ground he handles looks good ew and has a winning chance although I fear Spencer's mount

I took a very small one on Obama Rule at 320/1 to win

Midday should win but Joanna Morgan doesnt run horses in group for nothing.

Playtime!
Sandown
2.00 Astrophysical Jet
2.35 Dunn'o
3.10 Workforce
3.40 Akmal
4.50 Dimension
5.20 Harry Luck

After last Saturday's performance the thought of betting gives me a cold sweat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back