What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nicholls hotpots run stinkers in first two at Sandown.

Wonder if the yard is really back to normal for Cheltenham after recent issues?

5:30 Race winner The Tichborne 16/1
17:15 Race winner Mass Rally 16/1
17:45 Race winner Cotton King 7/1
15:15 Race winner Paintball 25/1

African Story 9/2
15:30 Race winner Bronze Cannon 12/1
16:05 Race winner Irish Flame 16/1
16:40 Race winner Master Of Hounds 14/1

Lovely Paintball hacks in!

Good signs for Darlan bet and Big Bucks lay next week.

Jim Old sends out Round The Horn in the Beginner's Chase at Chepstow.

I admit to having a mild fixation with this horse; history of leg trouble (him not me) and very lightly raced, but might well have been really top class. Old thinks he's the best he's ever had and when fit he's produced some eye catching form over hurdles.

Looks a chaser all over and the fact that the (admittedly somewhat eccentric) trainer is sending him fencing at 12 says to me that he just wants to show what he might have been capable of. 3m in heavy ground here should suit him ideally
In spite of the presence of the Nicholls horse, could see this winning with his head in his chest.

Promising run, beaten 13L in 3rd behind two decent sorts, not sure how genuine that form is, having not seen it, though.

Market suggested he had no chance, with morning 11/4 turning into 16/1, but probably needed it and worth keeping on the radar.

5:30 Race winner The Tichborne 16/1
17:15 Race winner Mass Rally 16/1
17:45 Race winner Cotton King 7/1
15:15 Race winner Paintball 25/1

African Story 9/2
15:30 Race winner Bronze Cannon 12/1
16:05 Race winner Irish Flame 16/1
16:40 Race winner Master Of Hounds 14/1

Now your not always my cup of tea Mr Savage as sometimes I'm unsure if your training to be a psychiatrist, or your a patient :D but credit where credit's due - I don't know all the results but I'm pretty sure you have at least 14/1 & 25/1 winners there. Well done - any chance we can get an explanation on why you picked them in future?

Last edited:
2.20 Market Rasen Zoencibel
4.3 betfair

This has a great chance today in this field..would have needed last run and step back up in trip to suit..nearly won a class 4 off 3lbs higher before.

Future Profit is making the market for this nicely..poor form and from a stable thats recently sent out 9 losing favourites..most of them 2/1 and shorter

Last edited:
EW LUCKY15
15:20 Race winner Binocular5/1
16:00 Race winner Uncle Junior 9/2
16:40 Race winner Golden Sunbird 50/1
17:15 Race winner Educated Evans 20/1

Last edited:
Indian Art looks big at 10.0 in the 20:50 Kempton tonight. Races off 7lb lower than when beaten less than 2 lengths on the turf at Salisbury last September on his first run after a break. Returns from another break tonight with Sean Levy taking 3lbs off (effectively 10lb lower now) and has his first start for Sylvester Kirk and his first outing since being gelded if I'm reading the RP correctly tonight.

Martin

Good spot EC - was also looking at Bahri Sheen in that 20:50 with a good jockey booked for his return to handicaps having been ridden by Kieren Fox, Jimmy Quinn and Steve Drowne on his most recent starts, first run for nearly a year so may well improve but worth noting in the market if there's any money for him.

Martin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back