What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have to give Kakapuka another chance today from 66, lead till the intersection that day before weakening under a not hard driven ride. That race was probably better than 1st looked with the subsequent performance of the 3rd Afkar and the 1st 4 could be worth following in the short term.

That race has produced seven winners since,
Fab Lolly 2nd won twice,
Strong Man 5th, The Happy Hammer 6th, Masai Moon 10th won twice and Kakapuka 12th.
Fab Lolly goes for the hat trick tonight but is 10lb worse off with Shaunas Spirit.

Felix Yonger - first race of the day treble for the Walsh/Mullins axis.
Josies Orders E/W - deserted by McCoy but Linehan rode last time, he's a good conditional and takes off five. I was impressed with his run lto.
Dynaste - Scudamore should be high on confidence, which should hopefully mean he won't go too early. No Cooper on Benefficient is a plus for Dynaste and he looks the class in the race. Al Ferof looks shot but they should have run him in the champion today I thought. He is not a stayer.
Annie Power - A new star will be born. I reckon she can run to 170, which with her allowance makes her nigh on unbeatable, but that's only my opinion. I have no real concerns about her staying.
Sew on Target E/W - slight doubts about him seeing the trip out thoroughly but the return to better ground looks a plus and he sneaks in on 10-3 after winning over 2m in the mud last time.
Indian Castle E/W - well thought of in the yard and crack amateur booked. Step back up in trip will be of benefit to him as well.

Good luck everyone. :cool:

Is Quartz de Thai the only one tomorrow? I've been checking it out all week; it'll save me having to go through the tomorrows cards. Annoyingly I didn't back Western Warhorse yesterday even though I usually make a point of backing outsiders [never thought the Arkle would throw up a winner like that].

There must be more Moe, Diamond Geezer might put them up. IF you have a racing post there should be a part saying this information too. Good luck hope you secure a big price winner (as is usually the case)! :)

4 with first time blinkers/hood/visor on Thursday:

4.00 Byrne Group Plate
Nadiya De La Vega (first time visor)
Bless The Wings (first time blinkers)

Edit ........can we claim that one ? :D first time tongue tie.

4.40 Kim Muir
Our Father (first time blinkers)
Buddy Bolero (first time blinkers)

Last edited:
Top Wood also first time hooded in the Pertemps

Seems the Pipes must have a stock pile of the headgear.

Lucky 15 for me
Felix yonger
Dynaste
Fingal bay
Annie power

Broadway buffalo to run a big race in the pertemps,way overpriced,well in and will like the ground.28/1 is crazy.

4 with first time blinkers/hood/visor on Thursday:

4.00 Byrne Group Plate
Nadiya De La Vega (first time visor)
Bless The Wings (first time blinkers)

Edit ........can we claim that one ? :D first time tongue tie.

4.40 Kim Muir
Our Father (first time blinkers)
Buddy Bolero (first time blinkers)

First time headgear today

2.05 Cheltenham Lyvius First time blinkers
2.05 Cheltenham Thomas Edison (IRE) First time hood and tongue tie

5.15 Cheltenham Lancetto First time visor
5.15 Cheltenham Ned Buntline First time hood

Last edited:
The Romford Pele in the 3:30 @ Kempton

Backed this horse NRNB for the 2m4 novice handicap on Tuesday but it's so well handicapped it didn't get in. 4 length defeat to Taquin De Seuil at Cheltenham in November looks even better form now.

In the Midlands Grand National at Uttoxeter (15:50) fancy Fill The Power. Has been given a 9lb. rise in the weights by the handicapper but this offset 3 lbs. by good claiming jockey. Stamina-packed on both sides of pedigree and ground should suit, so very hopeful of a good run.

Time to get some bank returned after all that bad luck and n, rs , fallers at the fez. Le rocher wouldve won by 5L if he'd run and Briars run by 6L if stood up!
So today super heinz bets mixing up
legacy gold, first mohican, the romford pele, feenakilmeedy, princess leya, solstice son, cool sky, harry topper.
Best of luck fellas and those titbits that were postedre1st time headgear, feck wish that I I'd took note!

Price has collapsed now but been told Forget and Forgive has a couple of stone in hand in the 5.00 this afternoon and they are expecting it to win easily

Price has collapsed now but been told Forget and Forgive has a couple of stone in hand in the 5.00 this afternoon and they are expecting it to win easily

am a bit mystified by this one ...there is nothing to suggest this has anything in hand...and the trainer has had two short priced ones beaten recently..one fell but was beaten when doing so.

you can usually find something that puts meat on the bone..i'm struggling

same here but the info came from someone who's from ireland, who has family who work in racing in ireland, is a manager of a paddy power in the town, I've known him years and he wouln't deliberately pass on duff info to me, its very rare he tells me anything but out of about 30 over the years at least 80% have won. Of course, now ive put it on here I guarantee it will lose lol.

same here but the info came from someone who's from ireland, who has family who work in racing in ireland, is a manager of a paddy power in the town, I've known him years and he wouln't deliberately pass on duff info to me, its very rare he tells me anything but out of about 30 over the years at least 80% have won. Of course, now ive put it on here I guarantee it will lose lol.

good luck with it..hope it wins for you....i'm sure its not duff info..i was just trying to get a mark on the horse tbh..something like an 85 looking at the ptp form

Harry Topper. The Giant Bolster franked his form yesterday and if he jumps round ok compared to his run behind the GC third at Cheltenham he is close to a 170 animal.

Punting on Midlands National day is never a good idea -serious hangovers and tricky cards make it impossible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back