What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great stuff Roddy. I took over 30 mins to log in to my betfair account at lunch time on my phone to get a bet on it. Thanks again.

3:15 Cheltenham The Romford Pele 10/1

This horse has my heart broke this season. His early season chase form 2nd to Balder Succes was pretty high level, but has been extremely disappointing since then. All the while I assumed he was being held for a Cheltenham handicap, which he ended up being to well weighted to get in to the race! The Saturday after Cheltenham he was again very disappointing over fences when 11lengths 4th to Lost Legend.

However, it certainly caught my attention that he was entered in a 2m4f Handicap Hurdle race at Aintree, but didn't run.

He's back over hurdles today and has to have a big handicap in him. 2lbs lower than when 9lengths 4th in this race last year - but had P Corbett claiming 7 that day. Geraghty on board today, never ridden the horse before but has a good recent record for R Curtis.

Being honest, I am very unsure of how good his chances are today, but I have to stick with him and he simply cannot go unbacked.

Gladly welcome any thoughts on The Romford Pele today.........

Flycatcher at Beverley. A mate who has a leg in a horse with Fahey went to the yard on Sunday and was told this should win.

8-1 last night, sadly I didn't get the email until this morning. Took 9-2, now best price 7-2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Figaro to go close in the last Cheltenham - Think he's well weighted, hopefully can put that last run behind him.

315pm Cheltenham Thomas Crapper 9/2

Did anyone else notice the amount of ground this horse made up between the 3rd last and 2nd last at the festival.
He circled the whole field and went from nearly last into the lead.

The jockey on him that day was very inexperienced and l think any other route
other than circling the field and he would of hacked up.

Have a look if anyone gets the chance.

It's Cheltenham so have to play
2.05 N/r
2.40 Handy Andy
3.15 Another Hero saver Thomas Crapper
3.50 Bally Legend
5.30 Double Double

Rob - have followed Thomas Crapper all season and I think he has a massive chance today.

Flycatcher at Beverley. A mate who has a leg in a horse with Fahey went to the yard on Sunday and was told this should win.

8-1 last night, sadly I didn't get the email until this morning. Took 9-2, now best price 7-2.

Redeemed yourself already!!! Great shout. Cheers.

Well done RoddyOwen & BennyB!

Speculative one in the last at Cheltenham (17:30) - Quick Decisson. Noticed it has raced almost entirely on heavy going and this seems to be his first run on good ground. Small interest only e/w.

Last edited:

nice stuff Benny :cool:

i would say the 2nd Mfiftythreedotcom is worth keeping an eye on seeing as you know how well the winner was in himself..must go close next time..one for the notebook

Last edited:
ES QUE LOVE E/W, in the Cammidge over priced, returning to imo, what is the right distance, on the same mark as the start of his 4yo campaign. The ground is a concern, but he may like it as not a lot of previous to go on. Worth a punt at 25's e/w

Been waiting for this & finally This one is hopefully up tomorrow 3.30 Newmrkt, (NR in the Cammidge,grd)

Now with better ground & my belief the right distance, first time up for new trainer Cox & got an entry in 6F, G2 at the Dante meeting. I think Cox knows this is a 6F horse too LOL.

18's at the mo... e/w value.

tho I am having my biggest punt of the year on this.... lets hope its not just because I see the Spanish in it ;) and lived here to long....

Last edited:
Thanks guys - nice to put a winner on here for once. Hope some of you backed it. I feel I owe the forum some winners - must've backed hundreds put up by others and put very few up myself!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back