What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also fancy Brown Panther today - was expecting 5-2 rather than the 4-1 on offer. Will probably back it each way.

Not sure he'll stay on this ground, Benny; appeared not to at Longchamp a couple of years ago?
One who will is Tiger Cliff, who - despite the steady pace being against him - ran a blinder against better horses than these first time up this season.

Bath
2.00 Khee Society
3.30 Lager Time

Haydock
4.20 Enthusiastic

Sandown
7.50 Sharestan

8.20 End Of Line

Have heard good words for them all

Not sure he'll stay on this ground, Benny; appeared not to at Longchamp a couple of years ago?
One who will is Tiger Cliff, who - despite the steady pace being against him - ran a blinder against better horses than these first time up this season.

On the ground I think Menorah is worth a bit of a look. Thrown a few quid on at 25s.

Bath
2.00 Khee Society
3.30 Lager Time

Haydock
4.20 Enthusiastic

Sandown
7.50 Sharestan

8.20 End Of Line

Have heard good words for them all

as i missed that one ill stick a small yankee on the rest to ensure they dont win :D

Well done with Khee

17:10 Worcester - Sweet Sugar e/w

(Has shown very little since coming over from France 3 or 4 years ago, but had some fair form there. That was a long time ago, but is lightly-raced and might do a bit better today. Small e/w only).

Chase the Wind, 6.55 Stratford. The favourite is soft, hasn't won since arriving from France and needs opposing. Greatrex's horse hosed up at wincanton and I reckon should be evens to follow up. Take the 2-1, won't last long.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

31/05/14
-------------

Still not picking many with the unusual weather conditions at the moment but my one choice today is----

3.50 Haydock PARBOLD Nap

Although likely to start as the favourite PARBOLD is my sole selection today.

I backed this Richard Fahey runner last time out and he looked a slightly un-lucky loser that day when despite only finishing forth the selection was beaten less than one length and had he not been short of room in the final furlong he might well have won.

The selection has previously been placed in a Group two contest on Soft going so over todays distance so should not have any real worries over todays ground conditions.

Top Jockey Pat Smullen has been booked to ride today and despite the fact that this runner has only managed to get his head in front only once it will be disappointing if this one can not record a second career victory this afternoon and might even go on to better things when stepped back up in distance.

Completely agree with that one Neil - unlucky last time and should make amends today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Empire Storm 25-1 E/W

Over priced in my opinion, dropping to 7F and class, will handle soft, I think will race prominent as in the Lockinge, and may steal a march on the rest with the current going, certainly has place prospects.

Going with a e/w double with the other Empire, Glorious Empire in the 4.40 Newm.

Chase the Wind, 6.55 Stratford. The favourite is soft, hasn't won since arriving from France and needs opposing. Greatrex's horse hosed up at wincanton and I reckon should be evens to follow up. Take the 2-1, won't last long.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rex Imperator is a horse I want to follow this season.
Second to Tropics and the winner of the Stewards Cup last season, he's third best on the Official Ratings (rated 110) in the 7:30 at Windsor tomorrow evening.
There are some decent horses in the race, but not many coming in with any substantial recent form. Rex Imperators Windsor form is 2212, he's pretty bombproof here when making use of his tactical speed.
Worth risking first time out this season under Gianfranco Dettori.
I see William Haggas has been waiting for this opportunity, missing engagements like the Temple Park Stakes to bring Rex Imperator to a very winnable listed race here at Windsor.

Last edited:
Empire Storm 25-1 E/W

Over priced in my opinion, dropping to 7F and class, will handle soft, I think will race prominent as in the Lockinge, and may steal a march on the rest with the current going, certainly has place prospects.

Going with a e/w double with the other Empire, Glorious Empire in the 4.40 Newm.

Well a N/R and a reasonable 6th in a very tough race, one to keep an eye on imo for the future, certainly run above the sp of 50-1.

Just one for today with value, in the French Derby.

Yes, hard to look past Prince Gibralter, (stablemate Gonna Run, backed into 10's from 16's this morning) but I like the look of Galiway (12-1) never quite there in the Poulains, but I believe Fabre knows that it needs further (Sire Galileo) with the ground drying, lacks killer pace but will be one staying on in the last 100yards.

Poor effort from PARBOLD yesterday who I think ran way under his best but that's racing.

01/06/14
-----------------

2.00 Fakenham SONG LIGHT @ 9/2 taken

My selection runs in the first race on the card and for me looks over priced at odds of 9/2 which I have taken.

SONG LIGHT has run 11 times on the flat recording just the one victory but also reached the frame three other times but probably put up his best run to date when making his debut over Hurdles where he put in all his best work at the finish to fill the runners up birth beaten two lengths.

Will have learnt a lot from that initial run will likely be ridden nearer the pace and with the benefit of that run behind him he looks hard to keep from at least placing but I think this one can win this contest today.

Bushel is another who will likely have his supporters and with the aid of A P in the saddle will no doubt be there or there about but his odds will reflect this.

The other runner who might well be challenging is the Dr Newland trained Hawdyerwheesht who was rated 79 at his best on the Flat but having not run for 230 days he will no doubt improve a lot for this run and might well be one for the future.

At odds of 9/2 available SONG LIGHT is my choice today . I have gone win only but an e/w bet if only placed has only a small loss at current odds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back