What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good card on at Musselburgh today
Ifandbutwhynot has a 1st and 2nd to his name over C&D the latter over a 7lb higher mark over hurdles and ran the 150 rated Three Kingdoms to a 1 1/2 lengths 2 runs back, Runs here off 132 and looks a bet with the champ on board.

Last edited:
A quick look at the 2.20 at Musselburgh and you'd be forgiven for thinking Seventh Sky was a good thing to beat Yorkist on a line through Royal Regatta and Runswick Royal.

However several things put me off backing him. He tends to have the odd look and loses ground at the odd fence, he has a habit of jumping left which is bound to cost him ground if he does so round here.

No doubting he's tough when in the mood but Yorkist is a much superior jumper, was rated much higher over hurdles and has 7lbs in hand here according to the handicapper.

Yorkist may have been outgunned by Tango De Juilley had he not fallen last time but there's no shame in that as he looks like he'll be a top class animal in the future.

The hope is Yorkist will outjump Seventh Sky and has enough toe not to allow him to get into a challenging position......the rest is Rock N Roll because Doyle carte has no signs that she is in love with the game recently and the other 2 look out of their league.

Yorkist 11/4

El Noose and Hargan look rock solid combined they make up a a 6/4 winning bet...........I don't intend to miss it

Gold Future win 2 on the trot before running a stinker at Perth.

Never did find out the reason why but when he returned here in January he wasn't off ayard and has a nice run round at the back of the field.

If back to his best today on ground he should relish he could go close at a big price.

Gold Future 25/1 ew

1.00 Muss.

Not a serious play this one..just a speculative place bet with very small win ..just in case..on the outsider of 4 ...Stylish Chap

two of these could run themselves ragged here..both grey taylor and some plan like to lead...this could leave Stylish Chap as default second placer..but if owt happens to the fav..well who knows

so will go ..place bet at 8.0 ish and a small win just in case at 48.0

Very disappointing run by El Namoose. Poor round of jumping

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

well it beat the fav:lol: and was catching the 2nd up..it was worth a go

Not really a big fan of the chelmsford surface up to press..form not carrying from other courses..have 3 hosses today that can win off their current mark so have shoved them in small doubles and a treble...more hopeful than expectant at this track..but you never know.

2.50 Top Offer [needs 6f but this track saps stamina and a good pace on here]
3.50 Celestial Bay
4.20 George Baker

Two bets for me today, both at Punchestown. In the Pertemps qualifier, I like Wrath Of Titans. Appreciated the step up in trip last time and cheek pieces had the desired effect. Plenty of dangers here but at 10/1 Wrath Of Titans is over priced for me. I've also gone with Hidden Cyclone at 6/4 in the Tied Cottage. A consistent sort, he's weighted to reverse Christmas form with Twinlight and that rival is far from certain to reproduce that effort. Looks a good opportunity for him.

Good card on at Musselburgh today
Ifandbutwhynot has a 1st and 2nd to his name over C&D the latter over a 7lb higher mark over hurdles and ran the 150 rated Three Kingdoms to a 1 1/2 lengths 2 runs back, Runs here off 132 and looks a bet with the champ on board.

:cool:

Good luck EC1- must say didn't fancy Top Offer over 5fs today was going to lay it at about 4/1, don't think it should beat Dreams of Glory although 4lb better off and Dynamo Walt already a C/D winner.
Have had a good look at the 2.20 and Rock Charm seems to have the best form but not sure of how will go on the surface, an interesting runner in this race is Candesta dropping in distance for Julie Fielden who has had a couple of nice winners on the AW recently including Sabre Rock, not a strong fancy but interesting over this distance.

Had another look at Top Offers last run and as you say EC1 was staying on well, won't be laying after all but won't be backing it eithrt, good luck.

Punch 4:10
When Too Late To Sell has previously won, as he did here twice at Punchestown last season he put away fields by a combined total of 25 lengths. He'll need to be in similar form today to fend off the favourite and horses like Sword Fish, but he's had a pipe opener now and should strip fitter for that. I'm hoping Mark Enright can sit out the back and pick them off one by one near the business end.

Last edited:
Good luck EC1- must say didn't fancy Top Offer over 5fs today was going to lay it at about 4/1, don't think it should beat Dreams of Glory although 4lb better off and Dynamo Walt already a C/D winner.
Have had a good look at the 2.20 and Rock Charm seems to have the best form but not sure of how will go on the surface, an interesting runner in this race is Candesta dropping in distance for Julie Fielden who has had a couple of nice winners on the AW recently including Sabre Rock, not a strong fancy but interesting over this distance.

Excellent analysis, SJ.

Backed them both and layed both IR at Evens, so quite happy, shame Candesta missed the break or i think would have held on. Pity i didn't do the R/F though.
Cheers Dan.

If anyone interested i did put Bothy up on the bf forum lto when came 3rd at 20/1 at Cheltenham, Dan the owner came back later and said they would try to find a race to win nto over 2 1/2m, well obviously running over 3m today but Musselburgh a lot easier than Cheltenham and has booked a good apprentice to take 7lbs off, must have a chance i'd have thought.

Despite being cool on his QMCC chances, Hidden Cyclone is a legitimate 160 horse, and I'll be disappointed if he cannot take advantage of the 8lbs he receives from Twinlight in the Tied Cottage today. 11/8 is a fair enough price, in a what should be an effective two-horse-race (others here to prep for different targets over further, imo).

Punch 4:10
When Too Late To Sell has previously won, as he did here twice at Punchestown last season he put away fields by a combined total of 25 lengths. He'll need to be in similar form today to fend off the favourite and horses like Sword Fish, but he's had a pipe opener now and should strip fitter for that. I'm hoping Mark Enright can sit out the back and pick them off one by one near the business end.
Feel like a right muppet for taking on the fav in this race. Nevermind.

Well done Grasshopper with Hidden Cyclone.

Today's 2.30 at Musselburgh promises to be a stormer.

Red Spinner ran an absolute cracker on his first attempt over hurdles and should improve on that and may well end up heading the market.

However if ever a horse was meant to be ridden by a certain jockey it's Five in a Row for AP McCoy.

Five in Row went for home along way out at Carlisle and just kept finding for pressure but was caught close home.

He ran a very similar fashion at Sedgefield from along way out and just kept finding and finding beating a very decent animal in the process

While Musselburgh is a different type of track I think it will suit him and you couldn't get any better than AP to stoke him up and take advantage of the tight bends, get a good lead into the home straight and make sure Red Spinner will struggle to pass him. I reckon he's a bit of a stonewaller today

Five in Row *** bet for me today

Last edited:
Chelmsford is looking like a course on its own like i have mentioned previous..like Southwell...nearly all horses i have listed that run there are under perfoming..the upside of that is they will be bigger prices when able to show best elsewhere..so i'm looking at Chelmsford as a price lifter course..certainly unpredictable for win purposes...need to build a list up just of horses that create decent figures there..and then run there again.

A few of interest today

3.20 Lingfield. Starlight Symphony
noted this one way back in November over this c/d behind Semaral..has since been down in distance..run at kempton..up to 10f.....the whole kitchen sink of win avoiding....today is back to what should be a trying to win day....he says:) ...12.0 taken

4.20 Lingfield. Rosies Prospects + Top Set
Rosies Prospects ran in a 0-65 last time carrying overweight..but today is back off proper mark in a 0-55..was noted behind Moulin Rouge..has gone up for that 2nd but still has 3lb in hand..not a lot but at 15.5 i've got to include.

Top Set again noted behind Moulin Rouge..was short of room last time behind a massive improver and can win off this mark..i've got it capable of winning off 59..off 52 here. 8.6 taken.

5.40 Wolves. First Rebellion + Louis Vee
First Rebellion noted 4th December when i also noted Studfarmer to an even higher degree ..that one put in a remarkable sectional..they ran that one at wolves twice before it came back over 6f at kempton and won. First Rebellion wasn't as impressive as that one but still showed he can win off this mark..got trapped out wide last time..worth a go today at 14.5

Louis Vee noted behind shirleys pride..next time under Shane Kelly..was slow into stride:)..Eaves back today on it..and has dropped to 57..is capable of winning off higher ..9.4 taken

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back