What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
After 2 runs on unsuitable surfaces and wrong at the weights with most of his opponents, Rita's Boy (3.45) drops down in class to a c/d where just 1 horse has beaten him in his previous 3 races.
5/1 will do nicely.

Arthur's Secret beat a bad lot very easily at Musselburgh but was impressive doing it

Penciled him in as horse who could possibly run up a sequence

3.65 taken

just to note ..so i know i'm not imagining your negative posts against me..i make that 3 in 30 hours

its also worth pointing out i haven't posted on this thread for a number of days..so is this some sort of delayed hatred you have?..like...ooh i don't like him..i'll post 3 days after his post to tell him what i think of him

or is it like a random thing where every now and then something sparks you and you just post a random insult

either way..i'd be seeing a doctor or shrink if i were you..seems an odd disorder to the layman i must say

good luck with it anyway..hope you get better soon.

all the best EC..xxxx

Last edited:
Any all weather experts got any fancies for today's meetings?

Just one bet for me so far today, and it's not very original: Masterful Act, 3.15 Haydock.

Hi all, New to this forum after trawling through for the last couple of months decided to join up and get involved,
1 horse for today, Munfarrid 6.15 Kemp, highly rated in the Hannon camp and working very well by all accounts, should have a touch too much class for this race, GL

Hi all, New to this forum after trawling through for the last couple of months decided to join up and get involved,
1 horse for today, Munfarrid 6.15 Kemp, highly rated in the Hannon camp and working very well by all accounts, should have a touch too much class for this race, GL
Good start. Well done.

Well done for having the balls to post it.

Last edited:
First serious bet for me since Cheltenham in the 5.10 at Ludlow

Faerie Reel looks sure to start favourite with AP taking over from Ed Cookson

The race she won at Newcastle was a poor contest with the exception of Debdebdeb who she beat by a length.
both pulling well clear of the 3rd.

With Debdebdeb going in at Catterick the form looks solid at first glance but may not be as good as it looks on paper.

It was Debdebdeb's first race for almost a year and she pulled like a train at Newcastle plus she was cantering all over Faerie Reel 3 out and seemed to blow up after the 2nd last.

If she hadn't pulled so hard early on there's little doubt Imo she'd have beaten Faerie Reel.

Even if Debdebdeb had beaten her the form might still be good enough but I'll take my chances with Favourite Girl.

With AP taking over from EC who would have claimed 5lbs and Johnathan England (3lbs) that 8lbs could be all important.

My hope is Fairy Girl will go off in front and make every pound count.

There are other dangers but they tend to be held up so she might get an easy lead.

I am looking to get matched between 5-6 on the machine as I'm pretty sure she'll go a fair bit shorter in running.

She'll be hard to peg back and should be involved in the finish so there should be the opportunity to opt out and minimize losses if need be

Favourite Girl

Last edited:
I have a feeling David Mullins claim will be used very wisely over in Ireland over the next 12 months, he is top drawer. Annie Alainn in the 5.05 at Thurles for me, with his claim making the difference. As long as the horse can avoid the bounce factor....

Phillip Hobbs had a good winner in a bumper yesterday, it might be the start of an upward curve maybe?

His main chance today is Mountain King in the 4:05 at Ludlow.
Considering the horse hasn't been that fluent in his two chase efforts he's shown enough promise to suggest he can put away these lot today.

Phillip Hobb's also has No Likey in the 2:55 at Ludlow who has a chance, a McManus bumper horse called For Good Measure in the 5:45, and another bumper horse in the 5:20 at Chepstow.

I'm sticking them all in a yankee/acca and hoping for a Hobb's bonanza.

Good luck Tanlic and Faz:).

Last edited:
First serious bet for me since Cheltenham in the 5.10 at Ludlow

Faerie Reel looks sure to start favourite with AP taking over from Ed Cookson

The race she won at Newcastle was a poor contest with the exception of Debdebdeb who she beat by a length.
both pulling well clear of the 3rd.

With Debdebdeb going in at Catterick the form looks solid at first glance but may not be as good as it looks on paper.

It was Debdebdeb's first race for almost a year and she pulled like a train at Newcastle plus she was cantering all over Faerie Reel 3 out and seemed to blow up after the 2nd last.

If she hadn't pulled so hard early on there's little doubt Imo she'd have beaten Faerie Reel.

Even if Debdebdeb had beaten her the form might still be good enough but I'll take my chances with Favourite Girl.

With AP taking over from EC who would have claimed 5lbs and Johnathan England (3lbs) that 8lbs could be all important.

My hope is Fairy Girl will go off in front and make every pound count.

There are other dangers but they tend to be held up so she might get an easy lead.

I am looking to get matched between 5-6 on the machine as I'm pretty sure she'll go a fair bit shorter in running.

She'll be hard to peg back and should be involved in the finish so there should be the opportunity to opt out and minimize losses if need be

Favourite Girl

I backed Faire Reel last time out and have backed her again today. You definitely make a strong case for favourite girl but I just think Faerie Reel is still improving and will follow up today.

Haven't put one up on here for a week or two, have a little EW fancy for Candesta in the 6.10 Chelmsford.
Really don't know why Julie Fielden has been campaigning this horse over 10-12fs as it flys in the face of the stats for its American bred sire First Defence.
First Defence was a top class dirt track performer in the states and interestingly has over 50% horses winning running over 7/9fs with a strike rate of 22%.
Candesta has run most of its races between 10-12fs where the sire stats are 0-16! On it's one run over 1m ran 2nd here to tonights fav Rock Charm btn just over 2 lengths after looking the winner inside the final furlong and is 5lbs better off tonight.
Caledonia Laird would come into the reckoning if reproducing the form of its win here 2 runs ago but is 9lbs higher now, at the prices Candesta at about 9/1-10/1 looks a decent EW bet to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back