What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
3.00 Exeter
Ballybough Gorta will appreciate the ground and can put recent form behind him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This might be a classic mug punter's bet, but the first two favourites at Exeter look unopposable and the double seems reasonable at around 2/1.

3.00 Exeter
Ballybough Gorta will appreciate the ground and can put recent form behind him

Carlisle 2.40 Quest Magic 25/1 Ladbrokes e/way fun outside bet. Well thought of by trainer but needs good ground or better. Tried to make all over 3m l/t/o and return to 19f should suit. I think they may try and make all? Trainers blog fairly positive as well.

I've had to throw a few quid at 4:10 kitegen at the prices (took 13/2 earlier) has run in better races than today and seems to run well this time of year ground should be fine if forgiven last few runs definitely seems worth a small intrest!

Me and my pals used to say " the write up in the racing post is often off putting" definitely the case in the first at southwellScreenshot_2015-04-14-14-27-35.jpg

A bit harsh of the handicapper that I think!

Draw would be worry Benny. Arranmore Girl in the plum 1 stall was 20's last night, best priced 8's now. Carribbean Charm and Kings Mimic would be my other fancies taking into account the draw.

I might be wrong but with only 9 runners I'm not that worried, despite 5f at Beverley supposedly having the strongest draw bias anywhere. Last three winning stalls in this race were 1, 9, 1.

Surewecan (5.40) appeared not to stay at Kempton latest, but ran well enough to suggest this drop in trip should prove ideal. Last run over 6f he ran a subsequent gp1 winner to half a length, and with SDS 3 from 5 for MJ this season, looks well worth a poke at the general 12/1,

Surewecan (5.40) appeared not to stay at Kempton latest, but ran well enough to suggest this drop in trip should prove ideal. Last run over 6f he ran a subsequent gp1 winner to half a length, and with SDS 3 from 5 for MJ this season, looks well worth a poke at the general 12/1,

I like this angle too....

I've done Ataglance in the Silver Trophy. Was nowhere in the Plate at the Festival but that was his first run since the December Gold Cup. When he was runner up to Present View the previous Fest he had had a tune up over hurdles the month before - I reckon he'll be primed for this today, ground is perfect, oppo looks very exposed. He's also had a couple of pounds snipped off.

I've done Ataglance in the Silver Trophy. Was nowhere in the Plate at the Festival but that was his first run since the December Gold Cup. When he was runner up to Present View the previous Fest he had had a tune up over hurdles the month before - I reckon he'll be primed for this today, ground is perfect, oppo looks very exposed. He's also had a couple of pounds snipped off.

I've also backed this.

9/2 for a horse that has not won in 3 years imo too short!

for me Caid Du Berlais @6's C&D winner, Nicholls & Twiston-davies records at Chelts a plus too.

Add to the list on an interesting day, Horseshoe Bay (1710 New) who finished superbly FTO in the Autumn, held up in rear and only grabbed 4th but impressively passed the rest of the field in that race - marked it in my card and been waiting for him to come out again. 12/1 with Moore on is interesting price

Different Gravey in the first at Ayr. Honestly thought this would be prohibitively short so very surprised to see evens available this morning.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm backing Ciao Cielo in the 3:25 at Newbury. The horse has a chance, the only thing that is annoying is I missed the big prices yesterday, 20's into 7's now.

Last edited:
Hollow Penny has a good chance if repeating his festival form in the 3.15 at Ayr

Different Gravey in the first at Ayr. Honestly thought this would be prohibitively short so very surprised to see evens available this morning.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good call Benny had a decent bet at evens. Could be called the winner from some way out

HUDIBRAS 3.15 FONT and ASTRACAD 3.05 AYR that my singles and double E/W bet for today

good luck to you all

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back