What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think and am hoping Andrew Balding will have a good day today at least with his first 4 runners, all types he does well with, well spoken of in stable tours at tracks he has a decent record for their age group.

Jellicle Ball ran a blinder to finish 2nd behind Redstart at Newbury with Tiggy Wiggy back in 3rd

However questions were raised about that race and it's actual worth.

However the true test came when despite being fancied she couldn't raise a gallop in the 1000 Guineas.

She will start very short today to redeem herself but I really like the Cumani filly Lady of Dubai.

She looked the part when winning on good ground at Newmarket but then lost out to Irish Rookie on a softer surface at the same venue.

Irish Rookie unlike the Gosden filly ran a sound race in the 1000 guineas before running Ervedya to 3/4 length in France.

Much depends on how far forward Luca Cumani has his (Mans a gansta) but if she's fit I think she'll turn the fav over.

Either way I'd have her in my 10 to follow

Lady of Dubai 3.8 taken

BRILLIANT Tanlic ! . . . . .A hugely impressive performance from you and the filly !

Trainer has stated his intention of aiming for the Wokingham or Hunt Cup with Fiftyshadesofgrey (2.40G), but he's only picked up a 5lb rise for a comfortable c/d win in a better race than this, latest. Needs another 5/6 lbs to guarantee a run in either, so should be trying for his life tomorrow.
Current 4/1 looks generous.

Nice 1 Reet won easily

although if I'm honest I'm rubbish I quite fancy SLIP SLIDING AWAY in the 5.10 Goodwood ridden by a 7lb claimer on his favourite track

2000 Guineas day at the Curragh and there could be a right bet to be had.

On paper Gleneagles looks a certainty but at 4/11 he wouldn't carry my cash as there's better value to be had in the race IMO.

To my mind there's good reason to believe that Ivawood can get a lot closer to Gleneagles today.

Richard Hannon felt he would need a race before Newmarket and while it will have helped he mat still not have been at his absolute peak that day.

Canford Cliffs like Ivawood ran 3rd at Newmarket before showing his real worth in the Irish 2000 guineas and trainers are creatures of habit so it is possible Ivawood could still have a fair bit more to come.

The other factor is the draw. They split into 2 groups at Newmarket and to my mind the far side were always at a disadvantage.

There should be no such problems at the Curragh as Ivawood is drawn 9 and no doubt they will come over to the stand side after the elbow.

If that is the case then Ivawood would appear to have the best of the draw as Gleneagles is drawn 2. Mind you it never stopped Kingman from stall 1.

These little things can make a big difference and Ivawood looks the best bet in the race to me.

1 point Ivawood 8.2 on the machine

4 points without Gleneagles @ 6/5 Paddy Power

I took 10s about Hot Streak on Monday because I thought the ground would be soft and Sole Power wouldn't run. I was correct about the second point, but the ground at Haydock hasn't the give I hoped for. I've well beaten the book though even after topping up at 9/2. Doesn't look a great field and G Force might struggle first time out with a penalty.

I was correct about the second point, but the ground at Haydock hasn't the give I hoped for.

Don't believe tellwrong Euro..the times yesterday pointed to soft ground..and it rained during races...just to maintain it..saved him watering then:)

.the fastest race was Scalzo over 6f...that race was 3.27 sec slow ..take out the winner who is clearly well in and the race is 5 seconds slower than good ground ..about .8 seconds per furlong slow..which every race was as well...soft ground

Last edited:
Good to know. I was on a downer ground wise cos I'm not a million miles away and we've not had rain for a couple of days.

These are the two I fancy today NEARLY CAUGHT 2.00 HAY and TAKE COVER in the 3.45 Haydock also DIVINE has more than a chance in the 3.10

good luck to you all

These are the two I fancy today NEARLY CAUGHT 2.00 HAY and TAKE COVER in the 3.45 Haydock also DIVINE has more than a chance in the 3.10

good luck to you all

Gone for an E/W double angle today
Hot Streak 11/2 and Mutarakez 4/1
Astaire 5/1 and Ivawood 6/1
The win would be nice but all have excellent place chances at 1/4 the odds.

Astaire is interesting. The three better animals in the race all have big negs - Sole Power trip/penalty, The Weld thing trip (by Nayef wtf?) and GLB first run after a spot of globe trotting. That said he has a sizable class advantage to overcome.

I feel like everything is out of my hands this season. I had such a good year last year that everything is going wrong this.

I'm beating the book every ******* time. Integral 7/1 last week started 11/4. Hot Streak I had 13/2, he starts 7/2 and his cunting stable companion wins. **** off.

I feel like everything is out of my hands this season. I had such a good year last year that everything is going wrong this.

I'm beating the book every ******* time. Integral 7/1 last week started 11/4. Hot Streak I had 13/2, he starts 7/2 and his cunting stable companion wins. **** off.
Feeling that pain Euro
The satisfaction you get from beating the book doesn't put steam on the table.

Indeed. It will probably get worse as well, have a tracker horse running at Leicester on Monday and one of his opponents is a frigging Godolphin mutt having his first outing of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back