What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
cheers Ice..Fonz..Jarv...thats wages for the month in for me..this was the bet of the month on my calcs...i don't really care about Ascot when there are gimme's like this on the bread and butter circuit..Jack Daniels time

Last edited:
First venture onto this thread but really quite taken with the Godolphin Gelding who has been retained as a 4yo after missing all of last year and just 2 races as a 2yo. Would have been packed off to the hurdling game with John Ferguson if owners did not think he is good enough for the flat.

20.20 Windsor

Think Ahead @ 15\8

100% up to press..the pressure is on:D

easy winner..good call

Last edited:
In the 8.50 i'm watching one to see if it back ups a decent figure race..it may or may not do that but its worth a small wager in the hope its well in here...rustique. Its about 12/1..small interest ...but if it does win it will be a good pointer to winner and 3rd in that lingfield race re being well handicapped. If it bombs i'll probably scratch the race as one to follow..we will see.

thanks Col.

Last edited:
These based on time EC ? Last year I did SR using OR as a guide to see if weighed to best or type to improve , but was hard work trying to keep up with it with work , daughter and all that jazz , market seems to indicate that Manolito is the one to beat @ 9/4 , money for Whitechurch but I like Azilian at 8s , h/cap debutant shown promise in maidens , lto worked out ok and looks feasibly treated off 70 but top weight and absence give it negs but looks a good each way , gl

all based on sectionals Kevin...yes lots of work..ridiculous amount...its a job rather than hobby with the hours needed...but t keeps my brain active. I can do the bare speed figures standing on me head..its timing every race that takes time.

well that race was inconclusive as a pointer to the previous form....just when rustique was trying to get through was involved in a horrendous barging match..had more to offer but race was lost from that point..unreal interference really..will keep it and the last race race on the watch list

Last edited:
First venture onto this thread but really quite taken with the Godolphin Gelding who has been retained as a 4yo after missing all of last year and just 2 races as a 2yo. Would have been packed off to the hurdling game with John Ferguson if owners did not think he is good enough for the flat.

20.20 Windsor

Think Ahead @ 15\8

Well done, it won very nicely

20.20 Windsor

Think Ahead @ 15\8

Thanks Guys for all the thanks but did not put up for that reason. Just looked an interesting runner and one that the operation could have easily cast off, so must have shown some ability at home. Was worth the risk in a weak looking maiden. Runner maybe off interest NTO not sure how good the race was but was well clear of 3rd.

Seriously will make the effort to contribute more and maybe put up a few more winners or interesting bets!

20.20 Windsor

Think Ahead @ 15\8

:cool:

I have done in the Coventry, SIR ROGER MOORE who fell out the stalls at York but gradually made up ground to finish third behind Seastrom........ C.Hills horses are in better form now so I hoping for a decent run took 33/1 E/W....but War Department will be all the rage after that debut at Leicester

Main fancy today is actually away from Ascot

Ancient Cross - Thirsk - an old rogue really and Mick Easterby not to be trusted but I backed this at York last time and worked hard for me but didn't have enough. Ran well enough to suggest a return to form though and this drop in grade and weight is enough to convince me.

Dutch Mist - 2.20 Thirsk - favourite to overcome but was finishing strongly enough last time to suggest that an improvement will be seen this time.

I've got the above in with small multiples with the following at Ascot - just to make it interesting:

Cougar Mountain - O'brien - Qualify winning the Oaks makes me think he wouldn't have left htis in if he didn't fancy it

Air Force Blue - O'Brien again - really fancy this but the hagga horse is stopping me backing it out right.

Pearl Secret - better draw than last year, different preparation runs this time also suggests the horse is in fine fettle

Digeanta - Mullins second string but Pat Smullen's only ride today - recent runs look like could get this trip and likes fast ground

Lathom - Fahey talking this one up in the last but I actually fancy Ard San Aer. WIll back Lathom separately but have put Ard San Aer into the multiples. Ard San Aer ran ok first time out but then won on heavy. Trainer seems to think that was actually inspite of the heavy ground and he wants it faster.

Good luck all

4th, like all good each way bets! Looks a bit tripless. Yours pulled then blew up a bit, might be better for the run I think so one for the notebook if I remember.

I've remembered. Tukitinyasok - EC tipped it last time when fifth, should strip fitter today. Ew at 10/1

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fancy a return to form from The Great Gatsby today. I do like Free Eagle but I think if there is one day he could get beat it will be today, and I'd fully expect him to go on from what he does today to win some nice races.

The Queen Mary is a minefield as usual but I think the Channon filly KASSIA has a good each way chance at 20/1. She ties in on form with Besharal of William Haggas who is a lot skinnier at 11/2 and the filly she narrowly beat at Sandown, Our Joy, is pretty well fancied for the Albany. Hot race, and not necessarily the first place you would look given some of the connections but I think she's an above average filly.

Good luck.

Foxtrot Knight (6.50) hasn't stopped improving since joining Ruth Carr, and it's significant he makes the long trip to Essex rather than an easier option at nearby Redcar, Saturday.

Valentino's Oyster has a lot going for him here..good record at track..on a winning mark..jock has a great record on him..and also is the lone pace in the race.

i'm puzzled by the generous odds..but have had a dabble at 7.2

If all else fails at Ascot here's two that might help matters and Lingfield and Leicester.

Both trained by M Johnston, both with good chances.

Lingfield 5:40 Heraldic
Leicester 6:30 Welford

GL to one and all today.

see if I can do something............................3.05 DISEGNO and ROTHERWICK in the 5.00 E/W singles and double

5.00 Portage been targeted for this race almost put it on will win thread!

5.35 Taper Tantrum. This horse well ahead of mark may be group performer.

And the ew double

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back