What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some good mid week flat racing tomorrow. The 3:35 at Carlisle is a 15 k handicap and Boonga Roogeta can land the spoils. Rosie Jessop has won on this handicapper a few times and having won 11 races, starting off in class 6 sellers and now winning class two races, I think 84 is still a decent mark for this one. Boonga Roogeta may take a bit of catching.

Good days tipping for the forum today well done Kevin in particular.
P.S Trimity Star will win the Bell at HQ tomorrow!

Yeah well done Kevin. I quite like Trimity Star Fonza, certainly a leading player and danger to mine, lets hope we get the one-two.

Last edited:
Saigon City again, this time in the 4.55 at Salisbury. Still on my tracker after his second on Sagaro day at Ascot. I'm ignoring his run at Newmarket as the 7f is below his optiumum trip, he got outpaced before staying on. Back to a mile today I got 14/1 yesterday afternoon but he's still a bet imo at 9s. The fav is too short.

Like Man Look in 3.45 ew at 8s , only btn over a length lto with a hint of traffic problems , same mark as today and 6th bolted up nto , bred for stamina , can't see it out top 3

small bit of aftertiming here..but it leads to a long shot in the 4.45.

Excellent Art is 8/16 at Carlisle as a sire..just backed Excilly..and in the 4.45 there is Excellent Puck...who is 24.0 at the momonet..5.3 to place..so might be worth a win+place in a pretty tough race

Theme of the flat season, back a tracker at a monster price (14s) he gets backed into 5s and you lose to a shortie owned by a billionaire.

7.50 Kempton Salmon Sushi e/w 8/1

Quick return was blamed for lto performance so could be freshened up by 4month break , just 2lb higher than nose 2nd on penultimate run

8.10 Bath Rahmah win 4/1

won on re-appearance , front two clear and winning margin just a nk , upped to 6f from 5 lto on h.cap debut but failed to land a blow , down 3lbs and back to 5 , cowell good record in race having won this twice.

singles and e/w double

gl

Theme of the flat season, back a tracker at a monster price (14s) he gets backed into 5s and you lose to a shortie owned by a billionaire.

Feel for you, Euro, but it was always on the cards and could have been covered for a very small stake.
Backed the 3rd myself, and had the obvious danger as a csf; didn't collect on this occasion, but neither am I beating myself up about it.

I'm extremely busy and no time for write ups - Brian Ellison has a strong hand to play at Newcastle today with two strong chances.
He also has a strong one at Hamilton in the 8:40, so I think he could land a treble.

NEWCASTLE
2:45 PRINCE HELLVELYN (B Ellison)
3:55 KNIGHTLY ESCAPADE (B Ellison)

HAMILTON
8:40 HELLO BEAUTIFUL (B Ellison)

NEWBURY
6:30 DARK AMBER

A win lucky 15 for this weekends beer money. Good Luck.

Last edited:
Feel for you, Euro, but it was always on the cards and could have been covered for a very small stake.
Backed the 3rd myself, and had the obvious danger as a csf; didn't collect on this occasion, but neither am I beating myself up about it.

I would have covered if I'd been aware of the drift, I can't keep track at work though. I was on each way so didn't lose any. The third has gone in my tracker now.

Last edited:
Hanagan for Fahey is an interesting combination and the fact he's deserted a horse for his paymasters to ride fullon clarets at newmarket tells me I need to be on. I also like his chance on Bimbo for the same combination, ran well three runs ago and then tried headgear the last twice. Taken off now, dropped in grade again yet bottom weight. Yet to win a handicap but this should be an 80+ horse in my view.

Depending on how the above goes I may take a small chance on Lizzy's dream at Newbury, dropped a further lb for a 2 length defeat to Ya Boy Sir and now meets on 8lb better terms. If Hanagan does a job today I may have a dabble.

Think that Noble Storm has a good chance in the 4.20, this is the lowest grade race he's run in since winning at Thirsk last season and has dropped to his lowest mark also, ran well at York in a sprint thats working out very well. Ground will be right up his street, Think he'll lead and hopefully still be there inside the final furlong, will back at over 25 on betfair and lay off 1f out hopefully 5 or under.

I'm extremely busy and no time for write ups - Brian Ellison has a strong hand to play at Newcastle today with two strong chances.
He also has a strong one at Hamilton in the 8:40, so I think he could land a treble.

NEWCASTLE
2:45 PRINCE HELLVELYN (B Ellison)
3:55 KNIGHTLY ESCAPADE (B Ellison)

HAMILTON
8:40 HELLO BEAUTIFUL (B Ellison)

NEWBURY
6:30 DARK AMBER

A win lucky 15 for this weekends beer money. Good Luck.

Lovely. The first two at Gosforth Park have won. I got 7-2 on Knightly Escapade whose SP was 6-4.

Last edited:
Shame about Dark Amber of Brendan Powells as I had it for a four timer on a lucky 31 after Ellison struck again with Mymatedaniel! Nevermind, Hello Beautiful at Hamilton could ensure a healthy profit for the day, largely thanks to Brian Ellison.

There seems to be a reason to back Appleby's horses today so I'm going for a trixie with White witch, Game Show and Witch Mountain.

I quite like Malaysian Boleh, over a mile there is just enough form to back it.

Struggling to decide between Rain Wind and Fire or Solar Flare - anyone any thoughts? Form on Solar Flare working out well but you can't really argue with Ryan Moore up on the former.

Mark Johnstone is in form at this time of year as always so Subversive can take the 8.35
3/1 taken earlier on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back