What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most people on here are great EC. I know you care passionately about the Sport and most on here are in the same boat. Try not to take it all too personally, I can't help feeling that a lot of the back-biting on here is due to misunderstanding. I reckon everyone would get on in "real life". There are of course, always exceptions but that's life :)

Most people on here are great EC. I know you care passionately about the Sport and most on here are in the same boat. Try not to take it all too personally, I can't help feeling that a lot of the back-biting on here is due to misunderstanding. I reckon everyone would get on in "real life". There are of course, always exceptions but that's life :)

thanks for that Ricko..the problem witha few on here is pure jealousy..those two on that Haldon thread have capped it for me..i'm not having that criticism..over the years i have been a major poster on here..whether they like it or not..well those two can be blamed for driving away a good poster..i've had it with such as those now..i don't need it..and won't tolerate it..life is too short..i enjoyed not posting in the summer..and only came back as i thought that sort of sh1te might go away..but there are a few on here who don't want anyone to win owt..and they are always there to put the knife in..but shuffle back under their stone when a man with some balls would come on and congratulate

i've no time for it any more..lets see ho good Viking and Trefuckitch do over the coming months..they quick to knife folk..not so quick for anything worthwhile though

thanks for that Ricko..the problem witha few on here is pure jealousy..those two on that Haldon thread have capped it for me..i'm not having that criticism..over the years i have been a major poster on here..whether they like it or not..well those two can be blamed for driving away a good poster..i've had it with such as those now..i don't need it..and won't tolerate it..life is too short..i enjoyed not posting in the summer..and only came back as i thought that sort of sh1te might go away..but there are a few on here who don't want anyone to win owt..and they are always there to put the knife in..but shuffle back under their stone when a man with some balls would come on and congratulate

i've no time for it any more..lets see ho good Viking and Trefuckitch do over the coming months..they quick to knife folk..not so quick for anything worthwhile though

Well, if you decide not to post any more, I'm sure a lot of people will miss your stuff. I for one always find it very informative and look forward to it. You look at racing from a different view to a lot of people, myself included and there's no doubt you're profitable. I would suggest you try to take it all with a pinch of salt and ignore those that you don't get on with but I know that's not easy for you and there is a lot of stuff that has gone on in the past that makes that difficult.

As far as I am concerned, EC is one of the best posters on here and I would greatly miss his informative posts. I'm quite prepared to put up with his 'occasional' hissy-fit.

I fancy delagoa bay in the last at kempton @25s. I know it's probably too high in the weights, but I think he's good enough to win this. Hoping he's not held up too far back and its a decent pace. Not the greatest turn of pace but is a strong traveller so hopefully most are off the bridle when they swing in and he just plugs on past them.

I fancy delagoa bay in the last at kempton @25s. I know it's probably too high in the weights, but I think he's good enough to win this. Hoping he's not held up too far back and its a decent pace. Not the greatest turn of pace but is a strong traveller so hopefully most are off the bridle when they swing in and he just plugs on past them.

Damn I meant to have a go at this and got distracted and forgot. BRILLIANT!! Well done.
:adore:

Great shout :D had a few quid ew...good write up

My bets [1pt win on each @ BOG]

1.30 Wolverhampton-Rapid Ranger @ 11-8 [Paddy Power]
2.30 Wolverhampton-Plato's Kode @ 9-2 [Bet 365]
2.40 Redcar-Storm Rock @ 13-2 [Bet Bright] Non Runner
2.50 Exeter-Barney Dwan @ 4-1 [Bet 365] Non Runner
4.20 Exeter-Baraza @ 7-1 [Race Bets]

Loss of 3pts

My bets [1pt win on each]

12.20 Nottingham-Tap Tap Boom @ 11-2 [Bet Bright]
12.50 Nottingham-Zumurudee @ 10-3 [Bet Bright]
1.00 Musselburgh-Rioja Day @ 8-1 [Race Bets]
1.30 Musselburgh-Thankyou Very Much @ 7-1 [Bet 365]
1.55 Nottingham-Double Up @ 2-1 [Stan James]
2.40 Musselburgh-Lake Chapala @ 10-3 [Race Bets]

Notts 4.00 Hairdryer 3yo Colt needed the run last time this trip should be ideal ground no problem Mr H Hunt has a good record for Balding 8/1 looks good
Kempton 725 Plymouth Sound got bits and pieces of form which stack up well looks good e/w bet 8/1
E/W double on the two

Outstanding shout
Hats off to you :cool:

Brilliant Tincan and the race panned out as you predicted,

All selections ran well yesterday. Mappin Time (Wolverhampton) was just outside the frame and Endive (Kempton) ran on well to finish third. Specialv was third at Redcar and Carribean Spring fourth later on the same card, both returned place money. They, along with Sir Valentino who won the Haldon Gold Cup at Exeter, ensured the day finished in good profit.

Today's Selections:

2.30 - Nottingham - Grandad's World. 2 pts win. Available at 13/2.
Grandad's World doesn't have the recent form figures to inspire and his overall record has a rather uneven look to it. However he has produced a few notable performances and this race represents a significant drop in grade. His best run this term came over six furlongs on this track in July and that one length second from four pounds higher in the weights gives him a very good chance of winning this if he can repeat it. He was a winner over five furlongs on his debut but that came on a stiff track (Pontefract, g/s ground) and he was well beaten on his only other start over the trip on a sharper track (Thirsk, g/f ground). His draw in stall eight gives him a chance of being towed into the race by New Road Side who is drawn next to the rail in stall eleven and Elusivity who is drawn in stall six. Good ground or ground just on the soft side of good seems to suit him best so he has ideal conditions here. There was a bit more encouragement last time out at Goodwood and, if he can build on that, he should get competitive at the very least. The yard are still in decent form and they have a profitable 16% strike rate here in recent season.

2.50 - Chepstow - Lilac Tree. 1.5 pts e/w. Available at 8/1.
Lilac Tree was a decent handicapper on the flat and he finished in the first two, winning twice, in his first five starts over hurdles for John Ferguson last year. Sold out of that yard to join Richard Rowe, things haven't gone quite so well in four outings since. He didn't beat an opponent in two of his first three starts for them and between those efforts he was pulled up at Stratford. He wouldn't be a betting proposition on those performances but there was much more encouragement at Ludlow last time out, even though he was beaten 18 lengths. That third was a step back in the right direction and the assessor has been kind in dropping him another two pounds. that leaves him 13 pounds below his peak rating of last year and he is still a relatively lightly raced hurdler. Ground conditions here will suit and he handled the undulations of Epsom on the flat so he could take to this track.

3.20 - Chepstow - Max Forte. 2.5 pts win. Available at 4/1.
Even with the defection of So Fine, this is still a decent race. Truckers Glory, Some Are Lucky and Vinegar Hill come into this race on the back of good efforts and are respected but preference is for the reappearing Max Forte. He produced some good performances last season at around 21 furlongs and ran all way to the line when finishing a two length fourth stepped up to an extended 23 furlongs at Ascot on his final outing in April. That's very solid form in the context of this lesser race and, although his fitness has to be taken on trust, the yard are in very good form and he was a winner on his reappearance last season. All six starts, five under rules and one Point, have been on right-handed tracks so he has to prove he is as effective going the opposite way but he is on the same mark as he was at Ascot and he could be better than that at some point this season. Good or G/S ground seems to suit so underfoot conditions here should pose no problem.

3.30 - Nottingham:
Ambitious Icarus. 2 pts win. Available at 11/2.
Bonjour Steve. 0.75 pts win. Available at 18/1.
Oscars Journey. 0.75 pts win. Available at 18/1.
A competitive sprint handicap over the minimum trip. Ambitious Icarus is a three time course winner, twice over this trip, and now drops to this Class for the first time in his career. He is now down to a career low mark and, although that is because his form is regressing, he has shown enough on several occasions this season to suggest he can take advantage. He is not a straightforward character so the presence of John Egan in the saddle for the first time could actually suit and he is versatile regarding ground conditions. Although drawn in stall 4, he has the early pace of Jaocb's Pillow in stall one to track. Bonjour Steve doesn't win as often as he should but he ran better than his final finishing position suggests over C/D last time out and he is one pound lower today. The five pound claimer who rode him for the first time in his latest outing is retained and he is drawn next door to Ambitious Icarus. Oscars Journey has been disappointing the last twice but one came on his Tapeta debut and the other came after a seven week break. Prior to that he was just under a length behind John Joiner at Windsor and he meets that rival on thirteen pounds better terms here. The return to a track where he is a three time distance winner could bring about a form revival and, if it does, he is well handicapped to take advantage.

Sorry Ricko, you've got no chance of wins today as I am on two of them! Grandads world for similar reasons and Ambitious icarus for the same. Latter finished off last season around this time of year with two runs at Nottingham off marks of 80/82. The last one being a 7 length defeat from waseem faris. Now off just 65 and an OK run last time out with a further 2lb off. Don't like backing favourites but I can see why people are backing it.

Well done Tincan last night, outstanding shout.

Little Orchid for Julie Fielden in the last at Kempton is another favourite I fancy, decent run last time out and whilst a rise in the weights it looks a tough little horse and will hopefully get its head in front, best recent form for me.

Anyone out there with any thoughts on Western Hymn. Short price having been winless ten times but dropped to Listed level and not had much luck in running last two runs. Looks the best horse in the race by miles and should be odds on?

2.15 Chepstow
I'm hoping Valseur du Granval can make light of the 8lb rise here. Took 2/1 this morning but a hefty R4 will apply as main rival is a NR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone out there with any thoughts on Western Hymn. Short price having been winless ten times but dropped to Listed level and not had much luck in running last two runs. Looks the best horse in the race by miles and should be odds on?

Nightmare horse that lacks a gear change, yet needs to be produced on the line.
The visor might help. but I'd bet against it.

2.15 Chepstow
I'm hoping Valseur du Granval can make light of the 8lb rise here. Took 2/1 this morning but a hefty R4 will apply as main rival is a NR

3 non-runners with R4 deduction of 35% [emoji853]

Last edited:
Nightmare horse that lacks a gear change, yet needs to be produced on the line.
The visor might help. but I'd bet against it.

Cheers Reet. I've stuck it in the multiples but left it alone singularly. It should be the best horse in the race by some distance. Perhaps on a downward spiral. As you say will need a good ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back