What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ludlow 13:45

Ballymountain Boy's 12L defeat by Neon Wolf in a bumper 6 weeks ago doesn't look to shabby now, and he followed that up with a convincing win in a Huntingdon bumper. He'd be fave in my book for this, so have piled in at 4/1 (it would seem I missed best of prices).

PS. I am currently going through a spell of Fallers, URs and generally shi*te picks, so caveat emptor.

Last edited:
Following yesterdays dire selections i thought i'd put up a horse which should be under the heading: I wouldn't be totally gobsmacked if this horse won but probably unlikely!
Anyway the horse in question is named Breathless and you'll probably be potless if you lump on!
Formerly with Andrew Balding was bought out of a claimer at Southwell last march for 6k after winning over 1m with a rating of 62, sent to Clive Mulhall who has a winner every blue moon, last one Sekuras Girl at 66/1 July 2015!
Anyway quickly set about bringing his h'cap mark down and hardly beat a horse home last year until December at Newcastle where wasn't disgraced in 6th btn 7 lengths behind Leonard Thomas with Mister Sundowner 6 lengths ahead of him. Since flopped back at Sthwll and ran 7th behind Seven Clans btn 7 lengths over 9 1/2fs off 57. My hopeful theory is that back at Newcastle over 1m dropped to 52 with a 7lb claimer on top, gives him a turnaround of 17lbs with Mister Sundowner one of the favs today! The horse is either absolutely useless or may possibly go close today. Someone probably the owner left up a £100 bet at 40s last night on betfair still not taken but still there! Anyway you've got until 4.45 to make your mind up if you want to risk a shilling or two!

Thanks bud. I'll have two pound each way on yours from the fifty I get back on Winterlude! :)
I wouldn't expect anyone to have bet on mine, based on the form I've been in. Maybe Placebacker selecting it influenced a few.

Last edited:
Don't be stupid!

Nothing personal towards you, as you have picked a few beauties over the years, (everyone on here has at some point). For me the all weather is only worth the hassle in the higher grade races SJ. If I have a look...... I only check out the best couple of races on a card, forget the class 4's and 5's etc. This worked for me today, might not work tomorrow. Such is racing.

95 percent of people don't win on horse racing, so hence all us 95 percent can hope for is that we have fun, bet within our means and have a good day every now and then. I've been following racing 20 years (I'm 31). I've never picked up more than two grand in one go or day. This is not a regret. but a fact of life!

Last edited:
1.55 - Catterick - Suzy's Music. 1 pt e/w. Available at 14/1. 2nd ;)
1.55 - Catterick - What A Joke. 0.75 pts e/w. Available at 18/1. PU
2.15 - Ludlow - Twirling Magnet. 1.5 pts win. Available at 8/1. Fell
2.15 - Ludlow - Ulimatum Du Roy. 1 pt e/w. Available at 12/1. 1st ;)
4.20 - Lingfield - No Refund. 0.5 pts e/w. Available at 33/1. 10th
5.15 - Newcastle - Spinwheel. 2 pts win. Available at 5/1. 1st (SP 9/1) ;)

Profit of +23.5 points on the day. +31.5 if you got BOG on Spinwheel, which I did ;)

Last edited:
My bets [1pt win on each @ BOG]

1.25 Catterick-Floramoss @ 2-1 [Skybet]
2.05 Lingfield-Tell A Story @ 7-2 [Bet 365]
2.30 Catterick-Nietzsche @ 7-4 [Betfair Sports]:)
3.15 Lingfield-Winterlude @ 8-1 [Bet Bright]:)
3.25 Ludlow-Un Prophete @ 10-3 [Bet Victor]:)
4.00 Ludlow-Toberdowney @ 5-2 [Boylesports]
4.10 Catterick-Snowed In @ 5-2 [Bet 365]

Profit of 9.08pts...three 2nds

12.55 Warwick-Don Bersy @ 6-5 [William Hill]
1.05 Southwell-Moojaned @ 7-2 [Ladbrokes]
2.10 Southwell-Berlios @ 5-2 [Bet 365]
2.35 Warwick-Godsmejudge @ 13-2 [Bet 365]

What A Joke was reported post-race to have bled from the nose when disappointing at Catterick yesterday. No Refund missed the break and was never involved at Lingfield and Twirling Magnet fell at Ludlow. However the day ended in excellent profit with Suzy's Music (Catterick) losing out narrowly and both Ultimate Du Roy (Ludlow) and Spinwheel (Newcastle) winning. The latter returned at an SP of 9/1 (advised at 5/1), so hopefully most of you managed to get on with BOG.

Apologies for the lack of analysis today. A tough day’s racing and only 3 races that appeal for betting purposes. It could pay to support a couple in each race to small stakes. They look capable of outrunning their prices and hopefully we can keep the good run going.

Today's Selections:

1.20 - Gowran Park:
Adreamstillalive. 2 pts win. Available at 7/1.
Tidy Zag. 1 pt e/w. Available at 12/1.

2.35 - Warwick:
Ballywilliam. 0.75 pts e/w. Available at 20/1.
Catching On. 0.75 pts e/w. Available at 20/1.

3.00 - Gowran Park:
Ucello Conti. 1.5 pts win. Available at 9/1.
Bonny Kate. 1.5 pts win. Available at 10/1.

0.25 point e/w trebles x 8

Last edited:
Spirit of Gondree 1pt each way last at Wolverhampton. Decent run last time out from wide draw, due a win.

Also fancy Godsmejudge at Warwick.

Good luck all.

Very well done, PB.

Do you use a particular method in arriving at your selections - time, trends, form etc?

All of the above Colin. Main tool is watching races, record all racing every day and bookmark the ones that catch my eye for a variety of reasons

12.55 Warwick-Don Bersy @ 6-5 [William Hill]
1.05 Southwell-Moojaned @ 7-2 [Ladbrokes]
2.10 Southwell-Berlios @ 5-2 [Bet 365]
2.35 Warwick-Godsmejudge @ 13-2 [Bet 365]

Forgive the run of Moojaned...finished lame

12.30 Huntingdon-London Prize @ 3-1 [Bet 365]
1.00 Huntingdon-Kauto Riko @ 6-1 [Bet Bright]
1.10 Lingfield-Babouska @ 7-4 [Bet Victor]
1.25 Doncaster-The Wallace Line @ 8-1 [Betfair Sports]
1.45 Taunton-Percy Street @ 2-1 [Bet Bright]