What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What A Joke was reported post-race to have bled from the nose when disappointing at Catterick yesterday. No Refund missed the break and was never involved at Lingfield and Twirling Magnet fell at Ludlow. However the day ended in excellent profit with Suzy's Music (Catterick) losing out narrowly and both Ultimate Du Roy (Ludlow) and Spinwheel (Newcastle) winning. The latter returned at an SP of 9/1 (advised at 5/1), so hopefully most of you managed to get on with BOG.

Apologies for the lack of analysis today. A tough day’s racing and only 3 races that appeal for betting purposes. It could pay to support a couple in each race to small stakes. They look capable of outrunning their prices and hopefully we can keep the good run going.

Today's Selections:

1.20 - Gowran Park:
Adreamstillalive. 2 pts win. Available at 7/1. 1st
Tidy Zag. 1 pt e/w. Available at 12/1.

2.35 - Warwick:
Ballywilliam. 0.75 pts e/w. Available at 20/1.
Catching On. 0.75 pts e/w. Available at 20/1.

3.00 - Gowran Park:
Ucello Conti. 1.5 pts win. Available at 9/1. 2nd
Bonny Kate. 1.5 pts win. Available at 10/1. 3rd

0.25 point e/w trebles x 8

48 points profit in the last 3 days. Should really have done both of the Thyestes selections e/w as well, finished 2nd and 3rd.

<style type="text/css">p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 12.0px Helvetica; -webkit-text-stroke: #000000}p.p2 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 12.0px Helvetica; -webkit-text-stroke: #000000; min-height: 14.0px}span.s1 {font-kerning: none}span.s2 {text-decoration: underline ; font-kerning: none}</style>Red Avenger (Dundalk 6.30) is in the form of his life and seems to loves it at Dundalk. He has the plum draw, I know connections think he's still in great form and all being well he should go in again tonight. 5/2 available.

Will post for selections shortly.

Last edited:
Doncaster 15:55

Aux Ptit Soins is the type of talker I'm generally keen to take on anyway, and my enthusiasm ramps up when he is odds-on, and has one as decent-looking as Premier Bond in opposition.

Premier Bond's 14L defeat by Might Bite looks a better effort now than it did at the time. He finished a distance clear of the third (fair second since) that day, and improved again when beating Jovial Joey (winner previously) when upped to 25f at Catterick. For me, he is already a better chaser than he was a hurdler, and the betting should be a good deal closer than it is. Sporting's 7/2 looks a stand-out price.

Usual caveats about my current shi*tty spell apply.

Last edited:
1.25 - Doncaster - Queen's Present. 1 pt e/w. Available at 16/1.
Several in here with the potential to improve and one of those is the six year old Mare, Queen's Present. She takes on her male counterparts for the first time on her handicap debut and she wouldn't need to progress much to get competitive from an opening mark of 118. A former Irish Point winner she was the winner of a Novice hurdle at Plumpton on her rules debut and, although below that level at Warwick on her next start, she took a step back in the right direction when finishing third at the same track last time out. Both outings at Warwick came in soft ground and all three starts were at around 21 furlongs. She now returns to the better ground in which she won at Plumpton and the step up to three miles could suit. The yard are rare visitors here and they send just the one on the long trek from their Surrey base. Today's jockey takes his only booked ride.

3.15 - Taunton - Polo The Mumm. 0.5 pts win. Available at 28/1.
Amber The Gambler and Gardiners Hill come here on the back of winning runs and they rightly dominate the market. They can improve further but they may not set a standard which the others can't surpass. At a big price it could be worth giving a very small consideration to Polo The Mumm. He showed some progressive hurdling form in the Summer over hurdles and may have needed his last start after a near three month break. Entries over fences both here and at Plumpton in three days time suggests connections had a Chase campaign in mind. He had form over fences in his earlier days in France and he is twice a winner in the Pointing field, so it's feasible he could be a better Chaser than hurdler. Considering he was the highest rated of these over hurdles it wouldn't be a big surprise were he to outrun his odds. The absence of one reducing this race to seven runners is a blow but the trip and ground is fine, even if he has yet to prove he handles a right-handed track under rules.

4.15 - Taunton - Dream Bolt. 2 pts win. Available at 9/2.

8.15 - Newcastle - Windforpower. 1 pt e/w. Available at 12/1.

Last edited:

Aux Ptit Soins is the type of talker I'm generally keen to take on anyway, and my enthusiasm ramps up when he is odds-on, and has one as decent-looking as Premier Bond in opposition.

Premier Bond's 14L defeat by Might Bite looks a better effort now than it did at the time. He finished a distance clear of the third (fair second since) that day, and improved again when beating Jovial Joey (winner previously) when upped to 25f at Catterick. For me, he is already a better chaser than he was a hurdler, and the betting should be a good deal closer than it is. Sporting's 7/2 looks a stand-out price.

Usual caveats about my current shi*tty spell apply.
Cheers Grassy. i didn't back him, but it saved me from myself lumping on the Nicholls nag. It feels like a winner…

Good call, well done.

Thanks lads.

Didn't see the race, but noticed he only won a neck, so not sure how good a call it was!

Glad you swerved one, Perp.

1.46 for Thistlecrack to win tomorrow against a very average field. Many Clouds and Smad Place are good horses but unless Thistlecrack falls or crashes into one and loses all momentum, I can't see him being beaten. It looks like buying money to me....

Doncaster 3:40 Bigbadjohn could be ahead of his mark for obvious reasons, but I am even more confident ANOTHER HERO is ahead of his mark, so I am with Jonjo's horse at the better prices. Two nice runs in competative handicaps this season, is young and progressive, and just edges it for me over Bigbadjohn.

Chelters 12:25 if DARK FLAME had won the last day against Poker School he would be weighted out of this, and probably be carrying seven pound more, but he hasn't been raised anything for coming third and I think there is improvement to come. Poker School franked the form nicely and Dark Flame gets my vote in this competative novice chase.

4:00 I have decided i want to see Ballyoptic actually stay on his feet and win a race before backing him. I really fancied him at Ascot and was dissapointed he fell. I can't back him to beat UNOWHATIMEANHARRY out of blind loyalty....so I'm backing the jolly with Another Hero and Dark Flame in a win patent..hopefully can produce a profit!

Good luck tomorrow everyone.

Last edited:
Top tipping Ricko, good shout.

John Constable for me ew in the lucky last at Cheltenham. His other runner tops the weights. Hoping that JC still has the talent and may need a big performance if it's to possibly to get into a handicap in March

In the Doncaster 3.40 on Saturday gone for 4 against the field.
bigbadjohn @ 4/1, Southfield Royale @ 15/2, Ziga Boy @ 11/1 Coologue @ 14/1

At Cheltenham think Thistlecrack will be hard to beat, so gone with Kylemore Lough without Thistlecrack in the betting, took 9/2

Elegant Escape for me in the Neptune trial tomorrow. Overpriced at 10's.

The front pair are relatively unexposed and as talented as Topoftegame looked last time, he was very very raw.

Don't really post what I'm backing as I'm mostly useless, and still a novice when coming to looking at the horses and looking at form. Stuck a lucky 63 on tomorrow, few horse popped up in my tracker, a couple at prices I didn't expect. I'd kick myself if I didn't back them and they rocked up.

Champers on Ice - 12.35 - 8/1
Buywise - 1.10 - 12/1
A Hare Breath - 2/1 - 2.30
BigBadJohn - 3.40 - 4/1
The Fresh Prince - 3.55 - 5/2
Ballyoptic - 4.00 - 4/1

Sorry there is no write up, im not as good as the guys above, just merely what I've backed tomorrow, all in a lucky 63 and all as singles.

My bets [1pt win on each @ BOG]

12.30 Huntingdon-London Prize @ 3-1 [Bet 365]Ab
1.00 Huntingdon-Kauto Riko @ 6-1 [Bet Bright]Ab
1.10 Lingfield-Babouska @ 7-4 [Bet Victor]
1.25 Doncaster-The Wallace Line @ 8-1 [Betfair Sports]non runner
1.45 Taunton-Percy Street @ 2-1 [Bet Bright]:)
2.10 Lingfield-Grand Facile @ 13-8 [Bet Victor]
2.25 Doncaster-Stepover @ 3-1 [Bet 365]:)
3.10 Lingfield-Krazy Paving @ 11-4 [Bet 365]:) @ 3-1
3.30 Huntingdon-Aliandy @ 6-1 [Skybet]ab
3.45 Taunton-Yur Next @ 13-8 [Skybet]:) @ 15-8
4.10 Lingfield-General Hazard @ 3-1 [Betfair Sports]
4.25 Doncaster-Dara's Present @ 8-1 [Paddy Power]

Profit of 5.88pts

My bets [1pt win on each]

12.35 Cheltenham-Singlefarmpayment @ 11-2 [Paddy Power]
1.20 Lingfield-Nicky Baby @ 9-2 [Bet Bright]
2.30 Doncaster-Marracudja @ 7-1 [Bet 365]
2.45 Uttoxeter-Tintern Theatre @ 5-1 [Bet 365]
3.20 Uttoxeter-Kayfleur @ 5-2 [Bet Victor]
3.35 Lingfield-Silver Quay @ 13-2 [Stan James]
4.35 Cheltenham-Drumcliff @ 7-2 [Betfair Sports]

Cloudy Dream had a really difficult task last time out and not convinced about A Hare Breath over fences. Looks like today's best bet

Lilshane acts on the course and is well weighted in the 3.10 Naas. This could be his annual win

2pts win Cloudy Dream 2.30 Donc @ 7/4 Bet365 BOG
1pt win Lilshane 3.10 Naas @ 20/1 Ladbrokes BOG

Dream Bolt was a non runner yesterday. The day finished in good profit again when Queen's Present finished third at Doncaster and Windforpower was successful at Newcastle.

No analysis today. A very busy day with plenty of selections and hopefully can keep the good run going.

Today's Selections:

12.35 - Cheltenham:
Singlefarmpayment. 3 pts win. Available at 9/2. (Nap)
Mercian Prince. 1.5 pts win. Available at 9/1.

12.50 - Doncaster - Mia's storm. 1 pt e/w. Available at 16/1.

1.10 - Cheltenham - Fox Appeal. 1 pt e/w. available at 16/1.

3.40 - Doncaster:
Southfield Royale. 1.75 pts win. Available at 8/1. (Nb)
Ziga Boy. 1.25 pts win. Available at 12/1.

4.00 - Cheltenham - Un Temps Pour Tout. 0.75 pts e/w. Available at 22/1. (Skybet, 1/5 odds first 4)

4.35 - Cheltenham - Maestro Royal. 1 pt e/w. Available at 12/1.

Last edited:
Hope you have a great day today Ricko especially with Mercian Prince and Fox Appeal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chelters 12:25 if DARK FLAME had won the last day against Poker School he would be weighted out of this, and probably be carrying seven pound more, but he hasn't been raised anything for coming third and I think there is improvement to come. Poker School franked the form nicely and Dark Flame gets my vote in this competative novice chase.
Sorry about this. Hindsight a wonderful thing..I cannot believe I let Royal Vacation go unbacked at that crazy SP of 12/1. That was a big price looking at the Feltham win, I just wasn't sure he'd repeat the run. I thought he had a hard race on Boxing Day.

Onwards and upwards, I reckon Another Hero wins or goes very close today. I know a Jonjo handicapper ready to win when I see one! :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back