What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't believe what just appeared in my email box, a GG alert, with Caeser The Gaeser in tomorrows 4:20 at Carlisle!

Off the track a while. Must have a chance.

Last edited:
This forum misses EC1. So few postings during summer. What about Maths Prize at Newmarket tomorrow? On a good rating if he could forget the last day at Ascot.

Last edited:
Stanghow runs another good race, finishing fourth in the class 3 today at York. There could be a nice class 3 or even 2 in this horse at some point.

Last edited:
This forum misses EC1. So few postings during summer.

Agreed. It picked up a bit during the royal meeting though.

Few bets tomorrow.

Sixties Groove at 14s and a topped up 8s in the John Smith's.
Dragon Mall each way at 25s in the same race.

Major on Harry Angel again including in doubles and have had a little go on Limato also.

Bin Battuta, a massive eye catcher at the royal meeting, in the 5pm back there.

Early cash for Eddystone Rock tonight which I find interesting. Maybe he's been laid out for the race. I wonder if money continues for him tomorrow. I didn't back anything anti post so Eddy is looking like the bet each way to me. I hope Desert Orchid fancies him with the form he's been in! Good luck with Sixties Groove though. If its not Eddy I hope its yours.

Last edited:
This forum misses EC1.
He was a decent poster on the game but the abuse he was churning put to people was just not acceptable anymore, plus He's been back on here in various guises in the last few months anyway.

My bets [1pt win on each]

3.00 Chester-Jungle Cat @ 15-8 [Boylesports]
4.10 Chester-Comprise @ 7-2 [Bet Victor]
4.25 Ascot-Champs De Reves @ 15-2 [Bet 365]
5.00 Ascot-Cape Coast @ 9-2 [Stan James]
5.15 York-Mr Wagyu @ 11-2 [Bet Victor]
5.35 Ascot-My Dad Syd @ 13-2 [Bet Victor]

Difficult to oppose the favourite in the July Cup (16:35), but have had a sporting bet on Harry Angel in this. A top-class sprint if ever I saw one!

I'm following the same plan with Harry Angel that I did at Ascot. Backed him at 8s and loaded up at 6s for more than my normal stake. Will have IR lays in from 2s down to 1.4 ish. At Ascot I ended up with 660/77.

The price difference of 10/1 and 13/8 respectively is stark between Cougar Mountain and Dutch Connection when you consider there is only 2lb between them on ratings and all of a neck between them in the Queen Anne.
The market may well move considerably between now and off time and if any I think Spirit Of Valor will go off favourite who obviously looked impressive running Le Brivido so close but was massively advantaged by where he was on the track in the Jersey, same goes for Mubtasim.

Last edited:
The price difference of 10/1 and 13/8 respectively is stark between Cougar Mountain and Dutch Connection when you consider there is only 2lb between them on ratings and all of a neck between them in the Queen Anne.
The market may well move considerably between now and off time and if any I think Spirit Of Valor will go off favourite who obviously looked impressive running Le Brivido so close but was massively advantaged by where he was on the track in the Jersey, same goes for Mubtasim.

Mubtasim was slowly away, and still had a deal of ground to make up in the closing stages.Should be sharper today in the sheepskins, and - in a poor race - couldn't have him out of the places

Perth 5.15 Roches Point 12/1 e/way - 3 of his 4 half- brothers won a NHF race and at 35,000 euros is the most expensive purchase in the race.

Perth 5.15 Roches Point 12/1 e/way - 3 of his 4 half- brothers won a NHF race and at 35,000 euros is the most expensive purchase in the race.

Sligo 4.35 Mr Mulliner 16/1 - 18/1 in a place - Had a tip for this l/t/o but pulled up - hopefully back on trainers local track over c/d at a meeting he won at last year he can hopefully outrun his odds?

I'm following the same plan with Harry Angel that I did at Ascot. Backed him at 8s and loaded up at 6s for more than my normal stake. Will have IR lays in from 2s down to 1.4 ish. At Ascot I ended up with 660/77.
Great tip Euronymous unfortunately I backed Caravaggio!! Could u explain 660-77 if u don't mind. Hope your run continues.

Great tip Euronymous unfortunately I backed Caravaggio!! Could u explain 660-77 if u don't mind. Hope your run continues.
Seconded. Euro is good! Celtic Sally looks a bit of an insulting price in 5:40 at Southwell. EW.

The other is Lotara. Was a bit of an eyecatcher two runs back on her first outing of the season. Last time was pitched into a race that didn't suit her at all down in trip and up in class on the tapeta. Tomorrow she is back over 6 at a track the trainer excels at. She'll be 4lb lower than her penultimate run with the jockey's claim and I rate her a cracking each way bet at 12s and 14s.

Ffos Las 3:45 Ayla's Emperor. A lightly raced 8 year old flat and hurdles performer who knows how to win on a going day, with a 30 percent win strike rate on the flat. Also won first time out twice before and won at this track aswell, which is a good sign for tomorrow. I reckon Ayla's Emperor offers a bit of value at double figure prices..

Last edited:
The other is Lotara. Was a bit of an eyecatcher two runs back on her first outing of the season. Last time was pitched into a race that didn't suit her at all down in trip and up in class on the tapeta. Tomorrow she is back over 6 at a track the trainer excels at. She'll be 4lb lower than her penultimate run with the jockey's claim and I rate her a cracking each way bet at 12s and 14s.
This in in the 3.00 Ayr. Carried on from a post in Long shot thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back