What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well played Marble another good winner mate.

Really disappointed with Forth bridge ran no sort of race really.

A disappointing day for me yesterday with both my long odds shots finishing just out of the places (Enniscoffey Oscar beaten a shd for 4th) and I’m a Game Changer just denied but I’m hoping my old friend Workbench can get some back in the 3.35 at Ludlow
Took 5/1 last night but there’ll be a hefty R4 with Baby King and Pearls Legend out
The Skelton stable is going well and ground and trip should be perfect for this fella (not convinced he gets more than today’s 2m)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Olmedo should win the Poulains if he's the horse I think he is. Ran a cracker in the Fontainebleau on really deep ground. Today's conditions will suit much better. Also glad to take 9/2 about Polydream for the Pouliches.

A disappointing day for me yesterday with both my long odds shots finishing just out of the places (Enniscoffey Oscar beaten a shd for 4th) and I’m a Game Changer just denied but I’m hoping my old friend Workbench can get some back in the 3.35 at Ludlow
Took 5/1 last night but there’ll be a hefty R4 with Baby King and Pearls Legend out
The Skelton stable is going well and ground and trip should be perfect for this fella (not convinced he gets more than today’s 2m)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Speaking of Skelton, Bertimont looks fancied to come back to form in Ludlow's 4:10. With new headgear applied, and on a low enough mark, there's a fair chance he can show something like his best form from a couple of years ago, so the 7/1 is worth taking. Good luck.

Last edited:
Olmedo should win the Poulains if he's the horse I think he is. Ran a cracker in the Fontainebleau on really deep ground. Today's conditions will suit much better. Also glad to take 9/2 about Polydream for the Pouliches.

Finished second too many times for me, liked Wootons performance last time and have backed him to win.

Catterick 4:10 Adradkan. There are two non runners in the race but 25/1 into 9/1 is a sizeable move for Adradkan who didn't really achieve much in the NH Sphere with Dan Skelton but has already won a couple of flat races off similar flat ratings. Today possibly is another day where he can score. A token sporting bet at 9/1 for me.

Last edited:
Olive Mabel in the 5.25 at Yarmouth for Dean Ivory and John Egan.

Competitive handicap but 12s, 14s and 16s looks slightly generous after a couple of good runs behind Geetanjali on the all weather.

First time cheekpieces here make this one very much of interest from an each way point of view.

York 5:35 Captain Pugwash (25/1 each way), has been improving on the all weather working his way up the ratings, which allows him to sneak in here at the bottom of the handicap. He wears his heart on his sleeve in his races, (usually tracking leaders), and maybe the higher calibre of opposition he faces tomorrow will bring out the best in him. Worth a go!

Captain Pugwash a non runner. Don't fancy much today myself..though I see the unlucky horse last time out Orions Bow runs at York. I won't be backing him but I look forward to seeing how he runs.

Last edited:
I had to put Golden Apollo in a little Yankee as I remember him him improving a lot last season and it's surely only the competative nature of the race that allows him to be 16/1.

Last edited:
I don't often post but when I do you should take notice.

Eaves dropping and here what was said 'This horse is much better than these, has a touch of class and I will be gutted if I don't win this" Go Oskar Go :0)

I am cautious and happy with 1.84 which is still available to be in first 2....have to fall not to be

Last edited:
From my blog...

COPPER KNIGHT TO BANG UP BOOKIES

Jack Berry handicap Thursday. York 2:20. I had to reassess this race after my original fancy, Dakota Gold, was taken out but I've found an even better candidate in Tim Easterby's Copper Knight. Formerly with Hugo Palmer, Copper Knight came good at this exact period of time in May last season, picking up two races including a 30k handicap at this track. He is certainly a talented sprint handicapper, with a fair rating of 96. I don't they will catch this horse tomorrow. The 10/1 is a price worth having a decent punt on.

Last edited:
Roaring Lion in the Dante. I think his price of 11/4 is underestimating this horse particularly with the competition he faces today compared to the last time and the RP trophy last year. Ran a great race in the 2000 from his draw, is bred for 10f and Gosden expects to see him at his best over this kind of trip. He's fit, the ground shouldn't be a problem and the track should hold no concerns. He's a solid favourite.

I think he's too short. Looks less than straightforward and is this ideal less than 2 weeks after the Guineas.

I'm chancing James Cook who was much better than the bare result at Epsom and should come on heaps for the run and I quite like Mildenburger as well.

Also gone for Turret Rocks who has optimum conditions today, which is rare in her career so far. Front two don't set that high a standard and 8s is too big

Last edited:
From my blog...

COPPER KNIGHT TO BANG UP BOOKIES

Jack Berry handicap Thursday. York 2:20. I had to reassess this race after my original fancy, Dakota Gold, was taken out but I've found an even better candidate in Tim Easterby's Copper Knight. Formerly with Hugo Palmer, Copper Knight came good at this exact period of time in May last season, picking up two races including a 30k handicap at this track. He is certainly a talented sprint handicapper, with a fair rating of 96. I don't they will catch this horse tomorrow. The 10/1 is a price worth having a decent punt on.

Good to see positivity in the betting market for this. Could well start favourite.

Roaring Lion in the Dante. I think his price of 11/4 is underestimating this horse particularly with the competition he faces today compared to the last time and the RP trophy last year. Ran a great race in the 2000 from his draw, is bred for 10f and Gosden expects to see him at his best over this kind of trip. He's fit, the ground shouldn't be a problem and the track should hold no concerns. He's a solid favourite.

Boom - spot on!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back