What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Galway Sunday 2:45...Quite a strong fancy by my standards on the J Motherway trained horse whose name I have forgotten. Really solid horse this very consistent sort. Races off a mark of 108 which I believe is significantly lower than its chase mark, strongly fancied, but is first reserve so will need something to come out to get a run.

Smashed in late on just before the race, I'm anticipating a huge run.

Horrid ride, was the horse running in snatches or was the jockey riding in snatches. I couldn't tell.

Last edited:
Morning

4.20 Newton Abbot

Taking two in the without Celestial Path market

Chantecler @ 9-2 & Billy My Boy @ 7-2

Both with Ladbrokes..1pt on each

I've just seen C'Est No Mour who was third behind Teodoro two starts ago, is entered at Kempton on Wednesday night.

A bit like Teodoro the last day in The Newton Cup, C'Est No Mour has shown he's a quite a decent horse but has repeatedly failed to have the finishing speed at 1M4F/1M6F, but this doesn't necessarily mean he needs stepping down in trip, it means he might need further possibly against lesser opposition. so the switch/step up to 2 miles at class four level is very interesting.

I'm working under the assumption C'Est No Mour can run on Tapeta. I might be looking to back this come Wednesday night...

Kempton 8:40 C'Est No Mour

(Provisional Selection)

Last edited:
Just got in from the pub and the first thing I see is WPM bumper horse at 1.65..7.4 bar. I(f he is that good why not go to Galway...laid it

Next bet is.. if Richard Johns/hobbs was anything out of the ordinary he would be much shorter.............dutch Lochinver and Dorette at 1.85 your buying money

Unlike you I don't crave the attention....however:

Apologies I honestly thought you were posting a result from your OWN thread and had come here by mistake.

Unlike you I don't crave the attention....however:

Apologies I honestly thought you were posting a result from your OWN thread and had come here by mistake.

How could you get Placebacker mixed up with me.
Should have gone to specsavers.

Me,attention seeker,youre having a laugh.

I've just seen C'Est No Mour who was third behind Teodoro two starts ago, is entered at Kempton on Wednesday night.

A bit like Teodoro the last day in The Newton Cup, C'Est No Mour has shown he's a quite a decent horse but has repeatedly failed to have the finishing speed at 1M4F/1M6F, but this doesn't necessarily mean he needs stepping down in trip, it means he might need further possibly against lesser opposition. so the switch/step up to 2 miles at class four level is very interesting.

I'm working under the assumption C'Est No Mour can run on Tapeta. I might be looking to back this come Wednesday night...

Kempton 8:40 C'Est No Mour

(Provisional Selection)

Crikey people don't wait around do they, into 6's already!

Yeah I'm expecting it to be hard to beat. Has to handle the new surface, but this horse has a 60 percent win strike rate in class fours.
Stats like that don't go unnoticed.
It's certainly nearer to the price it should be - but we're 24 hours til race time!
Hopefully no N/R's.

Last edited:
Speculative punt today as selection has had a recent wind OP, so have to take it on trust that he has fully recovered and in top nick. So, a modest wager on Burtonwood e/w (at 10/1 with Laddies) in the 15:40 at Haydock today. Inconsistent, but has the ability to make the frame if in the mood and is fully fit. Top apprentice jockey rides.

Good luck. Stuart Williams the trainer already landed one winner earlier, I noticed he has some live chances today which include a few favourites.

Yarmouth 3:20 Oakley Mimosa...3:50 Episcia....4:50 Glenn Coco....... Sandown 5:30 Pactolus....8:15 Pinnata...

I thought Teepee Time was on a fair enough rating to run well in Haydocks 8:30 tomorrow, but results haven't been going my way, and so I wouldn't be remortgaging the yard to back it!

Last edited:
Out of town today, so will have to record the racing on the ITV channel. So, have had early bet on Pennsylvania Dutch e/w in the 16:15 Haydock, at the freely-available 16/1 BOG at time of writing. Inconsistent, ground probably too firm for him, can be tardy at the start, so this is about as speculative a punt as I can make it. He'll turn up one day, I'm sure, probably when I'm not on, meanwhile bookies enjoy! :)

Have a great day, guys, in this cooler weather!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back