What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not much to get me excited today. Only horse i have an eye out for is Duke Of Cosimo in the 7.45 Newcastle. 9 yo now but still running well and really caught the eye staying on very strongly lto to get within 3/4lgth of Alsvinder in a claimer, can't quite figure out why that horse ran in a C6 claimer having performed very well in C2 races recently. Alsvinder won with a fair bit in hand not surprising looking at the ratings, but i have Duke Of Cosimo running about 70/72 in that race which is a fair bit higher than what he's run from lately and today 67. So either Zapper Class and Lucky Lodge have run well below there recent runs or Duke of Cosimo has ran better.
Interestingly looking at his runs over 6fs at Newcastle on standard going has figures of 3315573272612 but when on st/slow becomes 73212 and has also won at Kempton over 6fs on St/slow, so possibly runs better now on slower ground. Different form lines give him similar chances to Athollblair Boy and Epeius. Obviously a very tricky h'cap but will give him an EW chance at 10/1 in this race.

Not much of a price (9/4 best) but El Astronaute 3.15M, really ought to be a good thing today.Has his ground, and drawn near the favoured stands rail with much of the pace on his outside, while his main rival (Tarboosh) is poorly berthed and needs more cut than seems likely.
The rest of the field just aren't in the same league, imo.

Some nice newcomers in the 5.30 Leopardstown, but on form I like

​Sonaiyla @ 9-4 [Ladbrokes] BOG

3.55 SOUTH
Despite a lively market Blazon remains a short-priced fav, even though he's never faced anything like today's class of opposition, let alone unlikely to stay the marathon trip on this surface.
I've gladly taken him on with singles and forecasts on the next 2 in the market (Mixboy & Addicted To You) and i'll be surprised, (and a little poorer) if they don't show a decent return.

3.55 SOUTH
Despite a lively market Blazon remains a short-priced fav, even though he's never faced anything like today's class of opposition, let alone unlikely to stay the marathon trip on this surface.
I've gladly taken him on with singles and forecasts on the next 2 in the market (Mixboy & Addicted To You) and i'll be surprised, (and a little poorer) if they don't show a decent return.

Nice one matey.

Thanks Guys.
Chuffed with that, backed the winner 3 times (2 @ BOG.:)) & the f/c at a better price than csf. Shining times. :thumbsup:

Morning

5.30 Southwell- ​Bonneville @ 7-2 [Bet 365] BOG

Like the jockey booking of apprentice Theodore Ladd

Away from Aintree I think this colt is worth waiting for tonight

7.00 Wolverhampton-Ballylemon @ 9-4 [Paddy Power] BOG

For a horse who’s officially the third highest rated going into the race William Henry is too big at 10/1 in the 3:40. 4 Places available.

He’s looked to be crying out for 3 Miles whereas Apple’s Jade arguably still has to prove that she’ll appreciate it and has to bounce back from that disappointing run in the Champion. Sam Spinner bombed out in this race last year.

Away from Aintree, my best bet is in the last race of the whole day/night...

8.30 Wolverhampton-Wise Words @ 9-4 [Sportingbet] BOG

First time ridden by Oisin Murphy

1.45 Aintree
Flemcara gave weight and a beating to Poker Play and is more than twice the price at level weights today. Losing a shoe in the Pertemps final excuses his finishing position there having led turning in
SkyBet paying 6 places

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Having sworn to follow Jonjo O'Neill jr blind after his Lanzarote Hurdle win ( and not done so ) I have doubled his two rides today first and last race.
Down to 3 pounds claim unfortunately (for me).
Cannot leave Knocknanuss out the way front runners have performed all week.
Had no bet the first few days with fancy after fancy , Cheltenham ante post selections , dark horses etc collecting I fear i have missed the bus .

Executive Force (7.45K) is in the form of his life this season, and would have shaken better horses than these latest, had he not gone in pursuit of the free -running Swiss Storm in the last 2 furlongs of a strongly run Chelmsford contest. The drop in class shouldn't do any harm, either.
Has Collide to beat, but he's a horse that's never raced on synthetics and today's surface will likely be faster than both his form and his action suggest he'd prefer (finished down the field in his latest at Newmarket, where - reportedly - the officially 'soft' ground wasn't soft enough for him).
3/1 generally.

Last edited:
2.0 Newbury, Album around 3.6 I'm laying this for the win. I missed the shorter price earlier but thats life.
I'm backing the same horse to be placed in the race around 1.55. I'm sure it will win in time but I think a place at best for today.

George Of Hearts gets my vote in the 3:15 at Newbury tomorrow. Taking a chance he will have improved after the gelding operation. 22/1

Last edited:
1.55 Ayr
Drinks Interval led to 3 out in the RSA before getting left behind and was eventually pulled up. No disgrace in that and the soft ground wouldn’t have helped that day. The stable is in better form now and she looks attractively handicapped off 139
Bigger prices were available yesterday but 8/1 still represents value IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Though he went off at 33/1, there was no fluke about Mohaather's Horris Hill victory over this c/d. In a well run race he travelled well and won as he liked. Should take this on the way to the Guineas. 9/2 generally.
In the 4.15 @ Thirsk, Three Card Trick has a better chance than his price (7/1 generally) would suggest. He was found out by the 'loose on top' ground at York latest, and joins a long list of fancied horses that have disappointed, after rainfall at the track; for the same reason.

ps: same combo won the race last year.

Last edited:
1.25 Ayr, Azzuri around 3.6. This will be a very heavy lay for me. I'll try to catch it a bit lower in running too. But I can't see it winning today.

1.40 Newbury, Defoe, another lay for me, it's around 2.7 at the minute. I was going to back the second fav but just decided to lay defoe.

I'll be having a decent few bets today, hopefully get off to a good start.

Good luck to anyone betting today.

Though he went off at 33/1, there was no fluke about Mohaather's Horris Hill victory over this c/d. In a well run race he travelled well and won as he liked. Should take this on the way to the Guineas. 9/2 generally.
In the 4.15 @ Thirsk, Three Card Trick has a better chance than his price (7/1 generally) would suggest. He was found out by the 'loose on top' ground at York latest, and joins a long list of fancied horses that have disappointed, after rainfall at the track; for the same reason.

ps: same combo won the race last year.

Well done reet , nice winner ��

2pm Windsor, Incentive, laying this for a place 2.28'ish

2.10 Hexham, Glinger Flame, very short at around 1.46'ish but I'm willing to take the short odds, if it jumps around it should win.

Good luck to all

1.15 Newmarket, laying Maqsad around 2.96 and also in the same race backing Twist n Shake around 3.45

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back