What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This delayed 3.00 @ Newmarket. The fav brando is around 2.96. A friend of mine is a trainee on course bookie. If you can believe what they say, he tells me it won't be winning today, they are laying the hell out of it. On that basis I've went in with a max lay. I fancied the horse, so this will be interesting.

Good luck to anyone betting today.

This delayed 3.00 @ Newmarket. The fav brando is around 2.96. A friend of mine is a trainee on course bookie. If you can believe what they say, he tells me it won't be winning today, they are laying the hell out of it. On that basis I've went in with a max lay. I fancied the horse, so this will be interesting.

Good luck to anyone betting today.

Trainee no longer

AW Fillies and Mares Championship 2.30
I believe Island Of Life has been trained for this race all season, and she's well capable of carrying it off today.
Since the blinds were applied she's had one unlucky outing at Kempton, followed by 3 straight victories at various courses. Rested afterwards, she returned from a 9 week break and ran a good 2nd (In a qualifier, for a race she'd already qualified for) and looks sure to strip fitter today.
My personal AW horse of the season, and a rock solid bet at the current 5/1

Morning

Backing two each way in the 2.05 Haydock

Casa Tail @ 8-1 [William Hill] 6 Places & Ming Dynasty @ 12-1 [Skybet] 5 Places

2.05 Haydock
Casa Tall can be readily forgiven his run at Cheltenham obviously failing to stay the extra half mile and can get back on track today. 8/1 looks a decent price

2.40 Haydock
Sumkindofking will relish the return to a sound surface and makes plenty of appeal at 13/2 with Noel George taking off a handy 7lb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I've got half a dozen bets today (no longshots yet) and wouldn't be confident about any of them. The racing looks very difficult.

I like Musselburgh but it's very easy for things to go wrong there and the card at Haydock is populated by non-winners and out-of-form types. Plus it's the wrong time of the year for any form to be settled.

Indian Tygress 4.15K won well, up with the pace, to garner a decent c/d h'cap last backend, and was given hold-up ride, from an outside draw, out the back on her re-introduction.
Better expected from a more straightforward berth today.
Current 7/2 will do nicely.

Sharja Silk has placed in each of his last 6 races, often at short prices. Connections clearly decided enough was enough, and took his manhood away toward the end of last season. That he returns to contest this valuable prize suggest it has made the difference.
Current 4/1 looks handy.
Done an ew double the pair , to hopefully turn around what's been an unlucky week so far.

Last edited:
Put a gun to my head for one selection today and I'll nominate Harome (3.00 Mus), currently a weak 18/1 and might qualify for the longshot thread before too long.

Last edited:
Mildenberger 3.55E, is better class than these, and ought to win this cosy if he's to justify his Coronation Cup entry.
11/4 taken..

Last edited:
Had to have a play on Duke of Firenze at 7/1 in the 2:10. He's a 10yo now but a whopping 23lb lower than when running in the Dash only 10 months ago.

Had to have a play on Duke of Firenze at 7/1 in the 2:10. He's a 10yo now but a whopping 23lb lower than when running in the Dash only 10 months ago.

I've taken you on with Dark Shot. May the best man win.

Wouldn't matter how much he'd fallen in the weights if he's going to miss the break and sit out the back like that. 5f at Epsom not the place to do that. Ran on for 4th in the end I think.

Unlucky with yours mate.

Last edited:
Tipperary. 6:45
DRESSEDNBLACK 14/1 win & each way

On the face of things the mare Dressednblack has no chance, having never placed in fourteen starts on the flat.

However, she's beaten plenty of horses home, often finishing fifth or sixth, when unfancied in the betting. This is her first run for a while on the flat.

Having been held up for too long when beaten three lengths behind Intense Starlet on her last flat start, hopefully Wayne Lordan will give her a better chance tomorrow over the extra furlong, (1M1F). She's worth an each way bet.

Last edited:
Back in the 60s/70s there used to be a saying, "Back Lester on a front runner over 10fs at Sandown". The theory being that he would lead, then slow it down into the bend to give his mount a breather, then kick on hard coming out of the bend and grab a few lengths more there, then hold on up the staight and the horses in behind were caught flat footed and couldn't make up the ground in time.
Think Oisin Murphy has a chance of doing a Piggott in the Gordon Richards stakes 2.25 on Knight To Behold, would expect him to try and get away and see if they can catch him. His victory at Deaville last August when easily beating the Prix Du Jockey club 1-2 is near top notch form.

Paddy Power are from tomorrow BOG only from 8am on day of race

The big firms are acting as a cartel -treble odds for one winner in a Lucky 15 went in all Irish shops before Cheltenham,365 stopped going a quarter the odds on ITV races just before Aintree and now restrictions on BOG by Hills & Powers -hard to believe they aren't colluding.

I wonder if Betfair/PP are in danger of being caught napping this evening.

In tomorrow's 4.50 Haydock, they're going 14/1 Gabrial when it's blue in places and as short as 8/1. I'm limited to newspaper money on both sites and had it on my long list for the race but was happy to pass it over but I've changed my mind and decided to take what I can of the 14s purely from the point of view of getting ahead of a likely price drop tomorrow. If I can lay it off at under 8/1 I might do so. As I say, there's another in the race I prefer.

The big firms are acting as a cartel -treble odds for one winner in a Lucky 15 went in all Irish shops before Cheltenham,365 stopped going a quarter the odds on ITV races just before Aintree and now restrictions on BOG by Hills & Powers -hard to believe they aren't colluding.

TBH I just wish they'd all hurry up and shut down their betting operations, turn into the no risk penny arcades that the bosses wish them to be and then maybe just maybe we could get a fair and decent pool betting system set up and run properly in this country and maybe a bit stronger competition for exchanges markets.

Properly managed and marketed pool betting could be a fantastic product in this country. What Fred Done did with the tote they should hang the little fat bald b@$tard for... and I'm o.k to say that as I'm also a short fat bald b@$tard :)

Haydock.
2:40 Frankadore ticks the main box...He should improve substantially having been castrated. My punt today is an each way patent on him & Masham Star in the Boston Handicap with Talkischeap in Sandown's Gold Cup. All each way.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back