What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
1.50 Hamilton-Castlehill Retreat

Each Way @ 15-2 [Skybet] BOG

Trainer Ben Haslam is having his best season for a while and I remember him saying his 2 year olds are very nice, and this colt is the first of them to race

Listen To The Wind 4.50Y travelled like a dream at Haydock, but was all at sea when asked to quicken on the rain-soaked ground.
Better expected today on this kinder surface.
11/4 in places.

Y 2.20 Coastline

at a price I think this could give me a good run 4 my money

Also today Sand 6.30 Prefontaine

Last edited:
Epsom 4.30
Frankellina seems a decent each way chance at 14/1 (4 places with SkyBet) if she can get a clean start.

A James Doyle double with Old Persian also tempts me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't play much on the Flat but have backed Greenside EW in the 2.35 @ 6-1

Up 4lb for his easy win over Masham Star at Windsor, but reckon he's got much more in hand than that and hoping for a bit of luck in the run and that he handles the track

Epsom Saturday

DERBY
Already backed Sir Dragonet for this, and I don't anticipate ground or track to be significant problems.

DASH
Copper Knight did too much, too soon, in a strongly run contest at York latest, and had little left to repel boarders at the finish. With a hndy draw down this sharp track, he ought to hold out longer tomorrow.
Double figure price generally, and I can't see him out of the places - at least.

TOKYO TROPHY (5.50)
Lake Volta made all, and blew home in a strongly run sprint at Goodwood latest, and with a good draw, and only hold-up horses on his outer, a repeat looks well on the cards in this.
5/1 generally

Doncaster 3.05 - Themaxwecan 6/1 - I did this race because of its value ahead of Ascot. The ratings themselves are too close to be worth using to arrive at a selection but there has to be a chance that Themaxwecan is thrown in. He was well beaten in the Lingfield Derby Trial but that was in soft ground and maybe he couldn’t cope. Before that, he failed by just over three lengths to give Technician 10lbs. The latter was then beaten just over a length by Bankok at levels. Bankok goes in the Derby with an OR of 104. Technician, rated 105 after one more run, was 11/4jf for the Chester Vase won by Derby favourite Sir Dragonet. If Themaxwecan is about 5lbs better than Technician he should be rated around 110, as opposed to today's 92. That’s maybe fanciful but I’m happy to take a punt.

Lush Life 7.20N Would have won her latest more convincingly, had she not lost 3-4 lengths due to being checked and switched in the closing atages. After her Ascot win last year, Jamie O opined she'd be a stakes filly this season, and she probably needs the penalty for a win today to fulfil her Ascot Hunt Cup entry. Jamie Spencer travels North for the sole ride, which is indicative they mean business.

Good luck

4.00 Bangor-On-Dee-Nemean Lion

Each Way @ 17-2 [Marathon Bet]

Been punted a bit on recent runs, today could be the day

Bangor 4:30 Never A Word (5/1 best price).

No need for each way at this price. Win only.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back