What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
4.40 York-Pass The Gin @ 7-2 [Bet 365] BOG

Hard ride but booking of de Sousa should make a difference

Secret Venture 3.35Y 20/1 B365.
Had a warm-up in a small race at Hamilton, now goes hunting for bear.
Probably the principal reason for Danny Tudhope staying at his home track.

Don't play much on the Flat but have backed Greenside EW in the 2.35 @ 6-1

Up 4lb for his easy win over Masham Star at Windsor, but reckon he's got much more in hand than that and hoping for a bit of luck in the run and that he handles the track
Had no chance last time really as the winner was never going to be caught, but have gone in again (3.15 Sandown) with both track and ground suiting

8.45 Ayr-Prestbury Park

Each Way @ 7-1 [Skybet] 4 Places

Coming back to 5f seems the right move

I think the Best EW bet of the day is at Limerick in the claimer 5.30 Tennesse Waltz, got up in the final strides to beat Lincoln at Tipperary with todays Fav Yuften 8 lengths back in 3rd, fair to say that Yuften had a terriblr ride from his 10lb claimer who got much too far behind, running on when race was over and meets TW on better terms. Lincoln had won his previous claimer easily and has been a 2 length 4th in a h'cap from 83 since. TW came 2nd in this claimer last year and has a record at Limerick off 1st over 7f on heavy and that 2nd last year on GF, won 4 races on turf with 3 seconds also won twice at Dundalk so not ground dependant. Yuften has won over 6fs at Dundalk in a claimer but generally looks best over 7fs/1m. Has never won over this short a distance on Turf and last win on turf was back in Oct 16 when winning the Balmoral at Ascot over 1m. War Hero is another who is better at Dundalk with 3 wins and 6 places from 12 runs yet just 1 2nd from 9 runs on turf. Only other horse with any chance is Al Batal who has some decent placed form on Turf last season under todays jockey and also has a 15lb pull with Yuften for 2 lengths on Dundak 4th, can see this one getting placed as well at a big price. Tennesse Waltz is currently 9/2 with most firms and Al Batal 12/1 with a couple.

For various reasons, I hqve the 4.00 Ponte. between Spirit Of Appin & Makawee, so I've done a split stakes and the dfc.

I fancy Mrs Worthington (5:40) and Devils Roc (6:40) at Windsor. Both trained by Jonathon Portman, at about 8/1 the pair for an e/w double.

Two grab my attention in the 3.00 Carlisle

Redarna @ 9-2..Win & Inner Circle..Each Way @ 11-1

Both with Bet 365 [BOG]

After 2 comeback runs on tracks sharper than ideal Nicklaus is dropped slightly in class at a suitably stiffer Salisbury, and Ryan Moore takes the ride in the absence of the Doyler.
After his Yarmouth win last backend, Wm. Haggas said he saw him as a big handicap horse for this season. This wouldn't be the race, but the 5lb penalty he'd get for winning today should see him in the valuable John Smith's at York a fortnight on Saturday and I've taken 25/1 (5 places with some) in various places for what I'd see as his ultimate target.
Looks bred to stay the York trip, so RM looks certain to ensure there's no hanging about at Salisbury.
Rock solid win bet today (9/2 in places), and a tidy ew AP bet too imho

Great Shout !. . . . & love your 'workings out' . . . . William Haggas & York's 'big' meetings go together like Messi & Barca :D

After 2 comeback runs on tracks sharper than ideal Nicklaus is dropped slightly in class at a suitably stiffer Salisbury, and Ryan Moore takes the ride in the absence of the Doyler.
After his Yarmouth win last backend, Wm. Haggas said he saw him as a big handicap horse for this season. This wouldn't be the race, but the 5lb penalty he'd get for winning today should see him in the valuable John Smith's at York a fortnight on Saturday and I've taken 25/1 (5 places with some) in various places for what I'd see as his ultimate target.
Looks bred to stay the York trip, so RM looks certain to ensure there's no hanging about at Salisbury.
Rock solid win bet today (9/2 in places), and a tidy ew AP bet too imho

The run of 2nds continues.:whistle:
Want to take on Bowerman tomorrow (4.05 Sal) as, though he won easily lto & 3 times over 1m, they've generally been steadily run contests (bbv in the only 1 that wasn't) he's always looked a speed horse, and might struggle over this stiff 8f with the likely strong pace.
I'll take him on with Crownthorpe who won a c/d contest more cosily than the form suggests latest, and run at pace much more akin to that expected here.
6/1 generally.

Edited to add:
Little doubt the fav is a speed horse. He has 3 future entries (all valuable h/caps) 2 over 7f and 1 around Goodwood's sharp !m. If the predicted pace materealises today, I reckon he's no 15/8 shot.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back