What are you backing Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apart from one long shot I didn't have a bet today.

The cards on the television tomorrow look more interesting.

Don 3:00. I reckon Encore D'or is on a very handy rating now. He could easily bounce back off this mark. At 10/1 he's worth a bet.

It's also likely that Grace And Danger (Don 3:40) will improve for her most recent runs at the end of last season. She receives what could be a crucial five pounds in weight from her opponents. She won first time out as a two year old too. I am happy to take 9/2 that she takes advantage of the weight concession first time out again.

Last edited:
Tracker alert - Gwd 3.55 Fiji. 9/1 in a four-runner race in which he isn't far off the top on RPRs and open to any amount of improvement looks better than fair. I've no idea about the trip, though.

Last edited:
He hit the line well last time ... 10f lingfield
Goodwood a different proposition... there’s a chance he’ll stay GL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's possible he didn't stay. It's also possible he wasn't fit. I'm not even convinced he was trying his hardest today. I didn't think Murphy looked particularly serious about getting him into a competitive position. Cumani also suggested the stable is behind with its runners.

Such is punting life.

5.05 Tipperary.
Not sure what i'm missing here but can't for the life of me understand why this horse is 10/1.
Has been running at Dundalk through the winter/spring and hasn't cut much ice which has resulted in his h'cap mark dropping some 25lbs since his last turf run. Mainly been running in claimers where the form doesn't tend to transfer so well into h'caps.
Came back to turf at Leopardstown and ran through the field final 2 furlongs to finish 11th but only just over 5 lengths behind the winner after running into the back of fading horses, todays trip is 1f further and he won over C/D on Good/yielding ground in a stakes race rated 96 in 2018, 2nd came out and won a listed race nto. Won a claimer at Gowran last August when rated 88 on yielding/soft ground.
This looks a poor race to me, the RP reporter says hasn't won a h'cap since 2015, which is strictly true, but has been placed in big h'caps, won a listed race and 2 stakes races, take a look at his last run at Leopardstown and make your own mind up as to how it ran. Apparently has a bad draw as well.
The winner can be considered quite unlucky not to follow up yesterday when hampered 1f out looking for a gap going well, the 3rd has won since with 15 horses behind it off same mark. Tennessee Wildcat 10/1 365 and 9/1 1st 5.

Made a strong move on the outside and traded at 1.34 on the fair, but didn't see it out finishing 4th, still 365 have paid out on 4th and 5th markets, fair play to them with all those NRs.

One i really like today at Naas is Treble Cone in the 3.45, backed into fav on reappearence at Leopardstown but didn't look off an inch, held up in last 3 didn't make a move until turning into straight where switched to outside of field made up ground hand over fist under a tender ride to finish 7th just over 4 lengths behind the winner and Lady Scathatch who reapposes again today in 2nd. Think he'll be off today but does have the car park draw to contend with, Tennessee Waltz who finished upsides Treble Cone but raced a lot nearer the pace could be an EW alternative at 20/1, took out of a race yesterday, and is a C/D winner when rated 61 here in Oct 18, won a claimer in June last year as well better drawn in 8.

Good luck, PB.
Bond's Boy 4.50Ayr was beaten by the steady pace on his recent outing. A better pace and the step up to 7f today should see him build on that run.
4/1 generally.

200 navan tuesday sestriere 9/1 5places w.hill never won a race yet but was an eyecatcher last time.

Now 6s

Last edited:
Looks like a tip, Outsider. I will have a little on or include this in my patent tomorrow.

Not an individual tip as such but I love trying to predict what trainer(s) might have two or three winners on a given day.

The three trainers I am looking at tomorrow are Dermot Weld who has three live chances in Ireland.

Archie Watson has a few good chances in England and Roger Varian could land a winner or two.

I have combined the three trainers consisting of a total of nine horses in two different win yankee bets. My two yankees are as follows.

Heinz 1
Beverley
2.15 Jam And Mam (A. Watson)
3.15 Hidden Sky (A. Watson)

Navan
3.30 Lilli Milema (D. Weld)
4.00 Nostra Casa (D. Weld)
4.30 Switch Around (D. Weld)

Yankee 2

Chepstow
5.10 Hattusa (A. Watson)

Kempton
4.55 Authentic Symphony (R. Varian)

5.25 Zaisan (A. Watson)
6.25 Tasaamuh (R. Varian)

See what happens.

Last edited:
Dermot Weld's horses are running like they need a transfusion never mind a run...

200 navan tuesday sestriere 9/1 5places w.hill never won a race yet but was an eyecatcher last time.

Now 6s

Very disappointing. Backed into 7/2 as well.whether or not the change in going from good to soft was the reason I dont know,but disappointing all the same.

Unlucky mate don't worry about it.

My first horse I wasn't confident about as it was a massive drifter in the betting. Jam And Mam ended up finishing 3rd at 12/1. No good for my bet but ran in to a place anyway.

Last edited:
Yankee 2

Chepstow
5.10 Hattusa (A. Watson)

Kempton
4.55 Authentic Symphony (R. Varian)

5.25 Zaisan (A. Watson)
6.25 Tasaamuh (R. Varian)

See what happens.

My first heinz was well sunk. Hopefully the second one will come through.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back