What Are You Listening To Now?

I don't have the last two Jules - I've got Everything I Learned About Ego, Art, Opinion & Commerce, Dizzy Up The Girl and the Live In Alaska DVD. It's as good as those at least!

I've dug out Mull Historical Society's old album Loss recently & listened to it a lot too - it's very good. It makes a change from the same dozen or so songs that we'd hear repeated 3/4 times a night every night in Corfu!!! For his 30th birthday next week myself & my mate are buying the owner of the restaurant/bar some new CDs...:lol: We got sooo sick of the bloody Eurythmics' Sweet Dreams!!

Originally posted by simmo+Jun 14 2006, 08:56 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (simmo @ Jun 14 2006, 08:56 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Euronymous@Jun 13 2006, 07:49 PM
Metallica made the greatest metal album of all-time in 1986 but have been shite since `91.
...And Justice For All?

It's not even the best metal album in my collection (and I don't have that much metal)

Last nights offerings were superb. Three instrumentals for you to get you chops round.

The Rise and Fall Of Flingel Bunt - The Shadows
Telstar - The Tornados
African Queen - Johnny Dankworth.

I would urge any of you who have access to those websites wot allow you to "try before you buy" to have a listen to the last named - tremendous stuff.

It also struck me how some songs are hugely evocative an era and a place, rather the more usual emotion or scenario. Notables include Woodstock (CSN version is best), anything by Bobby Rydell and Moonlight In Vermont (Sinatra). [/b][/quote]
Master of Puppets.

If my Zen Sleek were working ( second one that's broken ), I would be listening to David Gray live with the BBC orchestra from the concert broadcast on radio 2 in December. :angry:

I'm listening to running water from half-a-dozen taps as I wait for the plumber to arrive and mend my broken cistern. Does that qualify?

Originally posted by Dave G@Jun 21 2006, 11:57 AM
If my Zen Sleek were working ( second one that's broken)
Ah, not the best Dave - I seem to remember you raving about it soon after you got it! I went for a 30Gb video ipod in the end and it's bloody brilliant. Only slight gripe I would have is that the battery doesn't seem to last that long, only around 4/5 hours max.

I haven't been following this thread as I'm not 'into' music but I've been listening a lot to KT Tunstall's Eye To The Telescope lately.

Suddenly I See struck me as a blockbuster the first time I heard it on the radio but the final track on the album has really got to me. I can't get it out of my head.

That's a weird ol' album isn't it Latey? I wasn't sure I liked it first time around as it's a little bizarre but it certainly grows on you!

At the moment I've got Orson's album Bright Idea playing.

Arcade Fire have some tunes for certain. Got Massive Attack - Mazzanine on here. Quality music.

Not so much listened to but was flicking between Smash Hits Top 50 Euro Classics and the Twenty20 cricket, had a sudden urge to go out and buy Alizee's album :(

The Beautiful Souths greatest hits was going cheap in Asda so I bought it. I'm loving singing along to it in the car.

"I love you from the bottom of my pencil case................................"

Back