What Are You Listening To Now?

Having bit of a jamming session with my bro (good job there's no-one around!!!) - he's playing his guitar & I'm singing along...look out!!!! :ph34r:

Thought I'd make my first contribution on the thread. The fact that it is also the 1000th on the subject shows how much music I listen to.

Two albums on in the car at the moment......

Cat Stevens - The Ultimate Collection
The National - Cherry Tree

I`m watching X Factor. Amazingly the Macdonald Bros actually managed to look and sound gayer than Westlife. Neither of `em can sing either.

Me too.... Love jamiroquai

Also

Some Giles Peterson collections

Going back to some Miles Davis

Brad mehldau as ever. New Joe lovano is excellent..as ever

and lots of Bach violin concerto. have a superb recording

Romeo and juliet by Prolokiev (i think) getting a revisit

I know it's a few years old now but have just listened to A Secret History (Best of the Divine Comedy).
National Express one of my fave tracks,real feelgood tune.

Listening to some tapes i`ve not had on for years.

Hole - Live Through This
Pulp - His `n` Hers
Pixies - Surfer Rosa

All seminal albums imvho. I`ll go further and say Live Through This is better than anything Courtney`s husband recorded.

Originally posted by Euronymous@Dec 4 2006, 05:46 PM
Pixies - Surfer Rosa
Yet to come across a better use of music in film than Where is My Mind at the end of Fight Club.

Originally posted by Galileo@Dec 4 2006, 08:51 PM
Damien Rice's album....love it!!
Is that the new one? Because I've heard mixed reviews about it and have been wondering if I'm going to be disappointed when I buy it. 'O' was a masterpiece, especially Eskimo, the likes of which I never heard before.

Strangely enough, O is in my CD player at the moment - it's a superb album. The Blower's Daughter in Greek is a little bizarre though - we heard it playing in Corfu, it's not quite the same...

Back