What Are You Listening To Now?

I don't know Colin. He wrote the score & music for HOTS to accompany Lewis Carroll's poem, it's where Captain Sensible's Snooker Song came from.

Mike Batt did write the music/songs for the Wombles. Saw Hunting of The Snark on stage in London - very disappointing.

I can imagine it would be actually EP - I wouldn't want to see it on stage as I'm sure it would wreck all my expectations! Saw a recording of it performed on stage many years ago and that was somewhat disappointing - not what I'd imagined it to be all these years!

SL, is it Phillip Quast on the recording? He was the reason I wanted to see it on stage - he has a phenomenal voice. He is 'Javert' on the original London cast recording of Les Miserables.

Just heard a track called "Ruby" by the Kaiser Chiefs, suspect C4 racing will catch onto this when RW next has a good day.

My last 5....

Nothing Rhymes With Orange - Kill The Vibe
The Lampshades - One More Time
Kite Flying Society - Groundflower
The Ruling Party - No Place To Hide
Gun Barrel City - Form And Function

Went shopping with the Christmas vouchers that were burning a hole in my pocket yesterday, picked up a few bargains.

Jimi Hendrix - Axis Bold As Love
AC/DC - Who Made Who
Crosby, Stills & Nash - Crosby, Stills & Nash
Rolling Stones - Sticky Fingers (For a fiver!!!)
Iron Maiden - The Number Of The Beast
Smiths - The Queen Is Dead.

Oh Mother, I can feel the soil falling over my head.

Good Times 6 - Norman Jay (no miserable droning northern inde crap here)

A couple of wonderful Mozart recordings

revisiting quite a bit of Miles davis too

Originally posted by PDJ@Jan 19 2007, 09:07 PM
Nice stuff. Buffalo Springfield here for a blast from even farther back.
Who is Buffalo Springfield ? Dusty Springfield's pet cow ?

Originally posted by Ardross@Jan 25 2007, 06:42 PM
Talk about esoteric !
Not exactly! If you'd been around at the time you might be more aware of how influential they were as a group and, later, as individuals.
For What It's Worth, about the LA student riots at the time, is still highly regarded. Maybe you should give it a try.

Back